• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Archery] Help a returning player with PvM template?

Shadefox

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Soo, after some advice, Im going near something like this:

Wraith-Archer

120 tact anat archer
100 heal (90)
60 chiv (10 ring/brace)
100 bushido
100 SS
40 necro (possible just midnight brace+10/10 ring/brace)

Alot of way to heal and retain mana, seemingly doing damage in the going.
Aiming for 180 stam, scrapping DCI if needed, this template is supposed to do spawns/peerless mainly.

Any feedback, discussion, input or tips?

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are only two draw backs to any Wraith Warrior. No swampy for extra damage absorption with plate, and the next being mobility. Its easier to run on a mount, & get extra shots in vs on foot. You will just have to play both & see what you like the best.

Shadefox

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for feedback!

How is mysticism btw? reading these forums I see them hinted, but not much info on setup, playstyle?

Any advice? they sound fun and survivable

Delbrie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also consider a myst archer. Very fun and powerful char. But each is suited for specific types of hunting. I would never take my wraith archer into ilsh as the paras would tear me apart. All of my archers can easily have skills swapped out and I have suits made for all of them to be able to adat to whatever I feel like hunting. If you want an all around archer I would suggest going with the ABC set up and get an imbued suit to compliment your template.

Lorax_Pacific

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Soo, after some advice, Im going near something like this:

Wraith-Archer

120 tact anat archer
100 heal (90)
60 chiv (10 ring/brace)
100 bushido
100 SS
40 necro (possible just midnight brace+10/10 ring/brace)

Alot of way to heal and retain mana, seemingly doing damage in the going.
Aiming for 180 stam, scrapping DCI if needed, this template is supposed to do spawns/peerless mainly.

Any feedback, discussion, input or tips?
My current skills are
120 archery
115 bushido
110 tactics
110 anatomy
100 healing
65 chiv
60 SS
40 necro

I miss resisting spells, but if you can use a slayer weapon your damage output is really high. The 60 SS gives me a curse weapon that lasts about 18 seconds and the healing back from damage is tremendous and barely have to use bandages. I like the added bushido to get the super damage from LS and perfection is nice. BTW...what's cool about this template is that you don't have to be in vampire form and can leech a great amount through the poison. Its a really easy template on miasma with a slayer, but I haven't tried Dread Horn yet.

Make sure you corpse skin the foe and then consecrate weapon. You can sometimes do a great amount of damage even if you don't have a slayer.

I also find wraith form a bit slow to move. I'm having fun with the skills change though and it was easy to get the 40 necro and 60 SS.

What I'm trying to figure out right now is really how much anatomy and health I need and maybe the both could be a lot less. I have HML on my bow and am testing wether the amount leeched is fine without more SS. I will probably go to the test shard and try out some combinations of SS between 60 and 120 and maybe no HML on my bow. I would like to open up another imbuing slot on my weapon if possible.

-Lorax

Shadefox

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So my skills are slowly climbing, and I love my new template, however, Ive looked around/searched alot for suit build on a ABC archer for PvM like this, but come up little satisfied; what Im wondering is:

Is the insane tinker legs a worthwhile investment over imbued hartwood legs? (elf char)
also, concidering this is a LS/Divinefury temp, what stats am I looking at?

I figured I get HCI pretty nailed at cap, easily, and Im using a imbued 50% EP (havent imbued yet)
Do I have to max SSI/DI? Or wont it matter to cap it from items since I use LS/DivineF?

Also I scrapped DCI mostly, stam is 184 ish.
What do you concider most important? SSI-LMC-Stam regen-leech?

Any advice and what I must have and what I shouldent have would be great! Im brand new to the whole imbuing scene, and wouldent want to waste millions upon millions ending up with incorrect stats.

Thanks!

Lorax_Pacific

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So my skills are slowly climbing, and I love my new template, however, Ive looked around/searched alot for suit build on a ABC archer for PvM like this, but come up little satisfied; what Im wondering is:

Is the insane tinker legs a worthwhile investment over imbued hartwood legs? (elf char)
also, concidering this is a LS/Divinefury temp, what stats am I looking at?

I figured I get HCI pretty nailed at cap, easily, and Im using a imbued 50% EP (havent imbued yet)
Do I have to max SSI/DI? Or wont it matter to cap it from items since I use LS/DivineF?

Also I scrapped DCI mostly, stam is 184 ish.
What do you concider most important? SSI-LMC-Stam regen-leech?

Any advice and what I must have and what I shouldent have would be great! Im brand new to the whole imbuing scene, and wouldent want to waste millions upon millions ending up with incorrect stats.

Thanks!
The legs you choose should be based on the overall goal priority. I use the tinker legs so my bow can have lower SSI, which enables my weapon to have less SSI and I can get other properties higher. Max SSI on the bow makes it difficult to get balanced or slayers as well as velocity, HLD, HL, and hit area. The more on your suit the less on the weapon and that trade off is your decision. To get 55 SSI without the legs use a turquoise ring, Ranger Cloak, and 40 weapon SSI along with the 5 SSI with divine fury. If you don't have a cloak try the Jade Armband. I was able to fit the daimyo's helm in my suit, but still fighting the resists. My suit has 30 SSI and weapons have 25. Not certain how you will get to 55 SSI with the 50 EP ring.

If you are dependant on divine fury I'm guessing you won't need stamina leech and that gives 10 DI so you could put 90 on your suit and weapon. The high damage is for the curse weapon HP leech and leeching mana.

I don't use any stamina regen. If you use divine fury it fills stamina up so why have that?

My suit property priority is HCI, SSI, DI, LMC, SI, resists, MI, finally DCI. I have woodland neck and arms with the rest arties. My jewelry are crafted. Right now I am enhancing my weapons with yew after adding 5 properties to get 5 HCI and 10 DI otherwise my weapons don't have DI. My woodland pieces are enhanced after imbue to get the resists where I need them...only way.

Have you figured out how much healing and anatomy you need. When I am going well against a single monster the curse weapon is all I need and never need band-aids. The lack of resist though is really making me adjust my fighting style. I'm trying to use hit area as a sort of whirlwind. Are you sticking with GM healing and 120 anatomy?

I'm still at 60 SS and haven't increased that yet. Leeching mana from monsters with no mana pool is a problem for Wraith form. I may put HML back on my bow set.

-Lorax

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm trying to use hit area as a sort of whirlwind.

-Lorax
Momentum Strike ftw.

I have 100% DI from my suit (no faction pieces), which is really nice. I did it on my sampire and liked it so much, I did it for my archers as well. It kind of sucks that some of the arty bows have DI....makes it a waste, but not that bad since 90% of the time I am using imbued bows anyway (other 10% is the Ironwood bow).