• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Help a Necro Mage SOLO Baracoon

• Thread starter lisaandmike
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
L

lisaandmike

I have been playing around with my template of a necro mage and I have some problems that perhaps you all know the answers too already.

I play on an asian shard that allows me to solo rat spawns without being raided very often. I can pop a spawn, work it up to the coon coming out, clear the spawn around him... but then my problems occur.

I need to figure out how to do more damage faster to the coon. I use a repond slayer spellbook and hit him with fireballs so I do not run out of mana, I can wither his spawn easily as well and keep mana. At my current pace, once the coon spawns, it takes me about an hour to solo him.

Spellwaving is stoned now, no weavers are found for a circle when I am online on that shard. I am going to raise my SDI and mana regen on my suit to help me some... but is there another skill I can use? I have thought about music/disco but would have to stone my resist. I have tried anat/archery but the result was no better than the firebolts. I do not want to try to fit in a combat skill like fencing. My template is as follows, any help is appreciated. I have tried a mage/tamer but the greater dragon makes him run around too much, if I pen him down, then the spawn he throws attacks the greater dragon too much for me to heal. Any ideas or methods that I need to do?

Magery 120
Eval Int 120
Mediation 120
Necromagery 120
Spirit Speak 110
Resist Spells 110

My suit is 70's and my SDI is 43 as of now.

S

Stupid Miner

I have been playing around with my template of a necro mage and I have some problems that perhaps you all know the answers too already.

I play on an asian shard that allows me to solo rat spawns without being raided very often. I can pop a spawn, work it up to the coon coming out, clear the spawn around him... but then my problems occur.

I need to figure out how to do more damage faster to the coon. I use a repond slayer spellbook and hit him with fireballs so I do not run out of mana, I can wither his spawn easily as well and keep mana. At my current pace, once the coon spawns, it takes me about an hour to solo him.

Spellwaving is stoned now, no weavers are found for a circle when I am online on that shard. I am going to raise my SDI and mana regen on my suit to help me some... but is there another skill I can use? I have thought about music/disco but would have to stone my resist. I have tried anat/archery but the result was no better than the firebolts. I do not want to try to fit in a combat skill like fencing. My template is as follows, any help is appreciated. I have tried a mage/tamer but the greater dragon makes him run around too much, if I pen him down, then the spawn he throws attacks the greater dragon too much for me to heal. Any ideas or methods that I need to do?

Magery 120
Eval Int 120
Mediation 120
Necromagery 120
Spirit Speak 110
Resist Spells 110

My suit is 70's and my SDI is 43 as of now.
The repond will only do extra damage when he's polymorphed into a ratman.
Keep Corpse skin on him.
if you're using a mage weapon you can cast curse weapon for a bit of extra healing.
Animate any ratmen you can to help out with damage in addition to EVs.
Not much other than that. No matter what template you use, it'll take a while.

Dubar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if youre not getting raided and dont care about pvp mods you should probably be able to get that sdi up a bit more

* Spell Woven Britches 10%,
* Crystaline Ring 20%,
* any Bracelet with 12%,
* Wizard's Crystal Reading Glasses 15%,
* Midnight Bracers 10%,
* Pendant of the Magi 5%,
* (A maximum) War of Shadows Magery Spellbook 30%,
* Cloak of Death 3%
(from uoguide.com)

as well as
battle mage tunic 5%
rangers cloak 3%

the faction counterparts of those artys might be easier to build a suit with

a good method ive seen people do is FS in wraith form til you run out of mana then spam weaken on it til it spawns rats

wither the rats and get your mana back to full and continue FSing

Mistura

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As mentioned above I would add alot more SDI!

Then use explosion\fs to kill it. With about 80ish SDI and Corpse Skin you'll do upwards of 200 damage for an explo\fs combo.

It does depend on the resists that it spawns with. I've noticed the coons resists vary quite a bit, sometimes you get a really weak one where its possible to do 250-300 damage per combo.

If you max out sdi, use explo flame strike with corpse, you can finish the boss in 10 minutes or so.

V

Valerin

Only things I can think of:

-Build a max sdi suit, find the item for each slot that gives the most SDI and max it out
-Use a repond slayer book (you already do so check this off)
-Corpse Skin
-Strangle
-Spam Fireball

That's the best way

Lefty

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It has been ages since I did a spawn. Prior to publish 46 I would rip through that spawn and the baracoon with a sampire.

Would that work these days?

V

Valerin

It has been ages since I did a spawn. Prior to publish 46 I would rip through that spawn and the baracoon with a sampire.

Would that work these days?
Sampire? Yes, you still can.

R

ReaperNI

kinda funny question if you ask me help for a necro mage to solo barrcoon.wraith form and wither the spawn to nothing. stick in wraith form corpse skin fireball repond slayer book with occasion wither for the spawn the puts around as a welcome mana pool for you to suck up. hardest part of the job is not getting raided lol otherwise this is the easiest hands down spawn/champ to be done heck he doesnt even move unless you phy contact him. TYR