• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hello!

• Thread starter imported_KilandraEAMythic
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
D

Dread Raven

Welcome to UO. Hopefully you can expand the realm. I am also an EMT, just went to Critical Care Tech. and loved the experince.

I have the big question though. You tell us UO has a marketing department, but unless you order it from a local gamestop or other software store, you can't find it. So where is the marketing? Does EA plan on expanding the non existant marketing in the US? The game gets more love in Japan, then here in the US. Will we be seeing UO in the local dept. stores or ads in magazines? We see WOW every where and people now what that is. But people always ask me what UO is when I mention the grandfather of all online gaming. I hope so, because the staff at EA is getting better and hopefully we can kick start a new era in UO.

J

Jhym

Howdy.

Looks like all the regulars are saying hi, so I might as well join the lemmings.

mmmmm crunchy lemmings.

G

I was thinking about the lack of advertising today.

Maybe the marketing department has been working on things for UO, but they're waiting until the new Devs and UO Team get some things straightened out in the game.

Apparently we have enough players right now to make UO profitable for EA...they moved the UO Team and are actively hiring more members. We've had good communication from them, along with patches and bug fixes. Maybe EA and the UO Marketing Team feel it's best to launch their campaign after a few more fixes are taken care of and new content starts being added.

This will be a positive time for current players, so newcomers will not be met by negativity, boredom and disappointment. Hopefully the Devs will have exiled more cheaters, of all kinds, with some of those fixes and content. This would be the best time to launch advertising, as those that did try life in Sosaria would have a better first impression, and be more apt to stay more than a month or two.

At least....I'm really *hoping* this is at least part of the reason we've not seen our beloved game advertised. :/

G

MK FTW!

Mortal Kombat was great, one of the first real gory fighting games out there. Street Fighter/Samurai Shodown/Etc were fighting games too, but didn't come near the gore of MK. Remember playing it at the Arcades almost non stop. MK was basically one of the first games they aired on News Stations warning parents about it and to not let their kids play it, lmao.

Here's my UO Tribute to Mortal Kombat.

Scorpion Vs. Sub-Zero

MK FTW!

I was Shao Kahn, Lestat was Scorpion and Belladonna was Sub-Zero (on a Male char of course).

Stigmatas

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Welcome to UO and to U.Hall, remember to ignore the majority of the ideas here... :/

[/ QUOTE ]

I could not have said it better myself

And, hello

Can I have a castle?