• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hello everyone. :)

D

Doireann

*waves to Joanne* Oooh, she's be an interesting Cabalist. Welcome and, good luck! :mf_prop:

R

RedDaTeef

Because yer name is Joanne, does that mean yer actually guy!!? *wink*

Welcome and have fun!

N

Nenime

Hi Joanne,

A great and warm 'Welcome' for you from me too. I wish you all the best with your new area of authority. :thumbup1:

As some said before, this forum - especially UHall - is sometime a bit rough and you might feel offended. Don't take this personally. It's just the passion (and sometimes frustration) we have for an excellent game that we all love so much. We hate to see it go down due to some half-hearted, profit-orientated actions from people who think they have to 'rebuild' UO to make it fit into the WoW-dominated market. When things (discussion) get hot here please remember: we're passionated, loyal FANS - not stock holders of EA or whatever. We're the ones who actually play the game and pay for it.

So try to keep in contact with us and make yourself seen when important matters are discussed and you will be loved. :cheerleader:

Petrify

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you going to continue with the Five on Friday? If you are, please try and get real news, not stuff that's been posted on Uhall for over a week! :)

Lady Aalia

Atlantic's Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Make yourself a home here at the Madhouse ....

Expect the unecpected and have the cheese ready...

and hello :)

MedeaDF

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Welcome Joanne, hope you had good start... good luck and fun with UO/Stratics! :)

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well met, lass!

The United Pirates of Catskills welcome ye. We all regret da loss of Jeremy, and now we put our hopes into YOU. Be prepared ta be bugged with various suggestions about a Pirate Expansion and general improvements of UO. We hope that ye read the constructive threads thoroughly, and filter out all the insults and unobjective complaints of a hard-to-please community of veterans.

Good luck on yer challenging journey! May you never lose yer patience and never take things posted on these message boards personally!

Hawkeye Pike

Vallend

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Welcome Joanne to your new position as our new Community person. I hope to see you posting on these boards as much as you can. UO players tend to feel ignored when they don't hear much from our Community person. So even if its to joke around or to show acknowledgment on a subject, with out saying much more, please do post here on Stratics. I know this will help keep some of the grumbling down. Good luck and I hope you will be here for a very long time to come.

K

Katlene

international greetings!!
i hope the masses are kind to you!
Certainly a tough job you have taken on, and i wish you all the best.

F

Frey Wavestrider

Hello Joanne, Hope to see you in game. I am sure if you work as hard as Jeremy did and, as others pointed out, have at least a 100% Fire proof set of armour you will enjoy you the people you meet here.

C

Coppelia

Well, you probably already know UHall if you've been playing since beta. But now you're a target ^^
Welcome!

GreywolfUK

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Joanne and welcome, we will try not to be too hard on you. hope you have an extra strong flame proof suit handy, just in case though :mf_prop::):)

LadyNico

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey Joanne, and welcome aboard!

Just ignore the hot air turbulence generated from a few mannerless oiks.

Then again, if you've been around half as long as you say, you'll probably already know most of them by name. ;)

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So they really are making you pull double duty on 2 games, eh?

That's kinda crappy of them.

I understand why you won't post here much, but I can't promise I'll never complain about it.

-Galen's player

Joanne_Mythic

VIP
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks everyone for the warm - flame proof welcome. :)

To answer a couple of questions:

1) It's true, I am a girl with a name to match. :)

2) I played UO this past weekend, but I'm not saying which shard. Perhaps some of you know me in game. *Whistles* So yes, I'm an active UO player. I need more hours in a day. :)

3) My PMs are open, you are more then welcome to PM me. Swearing at me will make me sad though.

4) The Five on Fridays will continue! (Actually expect a post about that in a little bit.)

Oh and this week's winning lotto numbers directly from my fortune cookie yesterday: 34 52 12 36 3 19 Good luck. :)

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Welcome.
May you hear the wise, be deaf to the foolish, and recognise the difference.

Which medium of communication do you prefer? Jeremy much preferred the feedback sheets generated through uoherald.com

Magdalene

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello and well met, Joanne.

If the UHall inhabitants get nasty with you, just holler :)

Draconi

Most explosive UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As most of you have probably heard by now Jeremy is no longer with Mythic. I really wish her the best and I know she will do great in wherever her journey takes her next! Best of luck to her! She is an awesome individual.

With that said - HELLO! My name is Joanne, I am your new Community person and I am very happy to be here. This is all very exciting and I look forward to getting to know all of you here.

For those of you that have been to the UO Town Halls for the past year and a half or so, you have probably met me as I was setting up for the DAoC events.

I have a long history with UO from waaaaaay back in the day. I mean way back - I'm talking about beta testing and if I start to think of how many years ago that was I just might feel old. But I won't think about that. ;)

All this to say, I'm here for you folks. If I can help you with anything please feel free to contact me and expect to see more posts from me very soon.
Welcome aboard!

Just a sec, I think I have something for you... here... *rummages*

Ah, perfect, an all 70's resist suit. Good luck!

Draconi

Most explosive UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Agreed, welcome back it seems! However, 70s may be a tad low :)
It's our policy not to give out anything better than what you guys get - I mean, look at the GMs! All they get is a flimsy robe :)

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Pleased to meet you, and most delighted to learn you are a UO player! Hope to hear what you would like to see in game improvements/fixes, and which type of characters you enjoy playing.

L

love2winalot

Hail, and welcome.

quote, "this week's winning lotto numbers directly from my fortune cookie yesterday: 34 52 12 36 3 19 Good luck." end quote

WOW. I entered the EA lotto and WON. Those numbers really worked. They said you are to meet me in game to give me my 150 kabillion gold................rolleyes:

Saphireena

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pleased to meet you, and most delighted to learn you are a UO player! Hope to hear what you would like to see in game improvements/fixes, and which type of characters you enjoy playing.
Ooooo yes, that would be intriguing to hear! How about it Joanne - if you were made the biggest baddest boss of UO, what would be the first thing you'd ask your fleet of devs to change?

As for all of you folks out there complaining about how we have to share her with DaoC, well stop yer whinin' and start churnin' out the charm with good manners to boot. With any luck she'll drop the DaoC team and fully concentrate on us!

Good luck with your new responsibilities and may the Sosarians be gentle with you!

WildWobble

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:) Glad to have someone

Since beta you say, that be a time far past yet i wonder if you have played uo all them long years or just got back to it recently. but if you want to do a good thing for us all just be active and remember fighting fire with fire can work but water usually works better ;)

wonders if this beta player is the same one... :thumbup1:

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*waves hello*

Do you read the bug reports from the KR built in bug reporting? It's 100x easier than that herald feedback form.

M

Mayadevi

Hey there Joanne ! Now that you have a full seventies suit...

Have some cookies !

*passes out some cookies*

Welcome to the nut-house, hopefully nice lady !

OK, I still Miss bugging Jeremy :sad4: (I bugged her alot :) So I am all happy over having someone new to bug :mf_prop:

You said you prefer the feedback forms, but what about those urgent game-stopping events that are bound to happen ? Trust me they do happen :(

Will you get the feedback forms in time? or is there another, quicker way to get in touch with you ?

Hope your having fun playing UO as well as dealing with us crazies?

Erm...Does Draconi get to blow you up now ? Seeing as how he gave you a suit and all...

Mayadevi (longtime fan of shard hopping and Dev bugging and giving out cookies )

Zooithion

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Welcome! You seem like a great person. As you can tell, with all the many ways that we express it... We love this game and look forward to to having you here :)

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Welcome Joanne_Mythic, may the Honeymoon last beyond this thread :)

In the bad old days, did you post on CoB? If so, what would be the handle you used.

AEowynSP

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Ok if you won't tell us your home shard will you at least tell us if you play Siege?

S

sapphirediablo11

Its LS or seige isn't it???? hrmm!!!

Well if not saying what shard what shard coast? :D???

phantus

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's our policy not to give out anything better than what you guys get - I mean, look at the GMs! All they get is a flimsy robe :)
....And all of them are ghosts

Just don't learn do ya?
So lesson 1 Joanne is not to mention the GM's. Unless you are mentioning them along with the words fired/replaced. They are viewed by almost all(in game and UHall) as sub-standard. Not only are they not very friendly but they do not understand or know how the game works any longer. GM's in other MMO's are far far superior and it wasn't always so. We used to have great GM's.

P

Pasquinade

Hello and Welcome to the community!

Are you ready to face these folks? They're a tough lot!

Velvathos

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
2) I played UO this past weekend, but I'm not saying which shard. Perhaps some of you know me in game. *Whistles* So yes, I'm an active UO player. I need more hours in a day. :)
Do you roleplay? If so, then I definently know who you are... rolleyes:

Speaking of roleplaying, I miss the old community spotlights that the devs use to do for the players.. Will we see any player fiction again on UO herald, or continue to see fiction that developers made-up? Also seems that we've lost screenshots of the week and player establishments... Er..

5% Luck

HEy nice to hear from ya. Just to let ya kow you have some pretty big shoes to fill around here. Glad your up to the task and have been keeping up with the post/problems thus far.

Enjoy your stay!

R

Rix/\

Those are some serious robes, you know how many times I've tried to kill a GM and they never took damage except that one guy on Origin and boy he really deserved it

Violence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now that's not true. In KR you've painted them all red from head to toe. The one that actually commented on that didn't particularly like it.. :lol: