• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Archery] Heavy Crossbow template?

H

Hunter33

Hi to all!

I am thinking about building a template around Heavy Crossbows doing only fire/poison damage.

Two main points to it:
- using Corpse Skin
- using Dismount special move

race:
human, as I count on using specials a lot

stats:
str: should stay above 100 even when cursed (for the 100 str bonus)
dex: should stay above 140 even when cursed (bandages)
int: as much as possible

skills:
Archery: must be 120, if only for the specials mana discount
Tactics: 100 to get the bonus
Anatomy
Healing
Necromancy: maybe enough to keep it around 60
Spirit Speak: as much as possible
Resist ?
Ninjitsu: at least enough to get some of the running forms at 100%, as this character will not rely on mounts in order to get the most out of Dismount

Do you have suggestions on how to combine all this?

S

Sir Kenga

Keep in mind when u r in ninja form u can't use weapon specials. So u can't do moving shots.

5% Luck

Ive tried a few times to contemplate this as a goal for my archers but the more i stare at it the more it seemd incredible. IE:without credit Its just not feasable to get the swing rate you would require to over dps on other archery weapons without losing a signifiacat portion of playability.

Now, in a team, where one high damage hit might count , thit is possible to do it right. Of the myriad of options to team play, a group of heavy xbow wielding maniacs does rate high on the list. Especially if you can coordinate the attack over a vent/teamspeak server. This leads me to bushido for max HCI and critical hits and would evolve the template around that fact.

5% Luck

120 archery
120 tactics
120 anatomy
120 bushido
120 resist
90 healing
30 focus

Adding in honor on each target will gain your mana back but if you go red(which you will) you will need MR on all armor peices as well as some skill items to increase your focus to 60+ maybe 100. I might even go so far as to say the crystalline ring might make it in the suit (just for the mana).

Dismount is a joke if ya have 4 maxed single hit heavys hitting simultaneously as that will kill a mounted play just the same as one on foot. This would be for one shot kills move on sort of plan! So swing rate would determine kill rate!

C

Connor_Graham

120 archery
120 tactics
120 anatomy
120 bushido
120 resist
90 healing
30 focus

Adding in honor on each target will gain your mana back but if you go red(which you will) you will need MR on all armor peices as well as some skill items to increase your focus to 60+ maybe 100. I might even go so far as to say the crystalline ring might make it in the suit (just for the mana).

Dismount is a joke if ya have 4 maxed single hit heavys hitting simultaneously as that will kill a mounted play just the same as one on foot. This would be for one shot kills move on sort of plan! So swing rate would determine kill rate!
Honor doesn't work in PvP unless they changed it again.