• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Heartwood saws now broken? always broken?

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was just wondering if the Heartwood Runic Saws are broken. They seem to roll 3-5 mods, all 2-100% intensity.

Gotten weapons with 2% lightning, with 8% leeches.

Anyone else experience this?

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've had one heartwood runic and every single item was crap. I don't have exact figures but I tossed out every bow I made.

R

RoycroftLS

I hopped on TC1 and the heartwood runic saw seemed to be making weapons/armor with the right amount of properties and the correct range of intensites.

However the devs would have to make the odds of getting one better than the chances of winning the lottery for anyone to verify your results on a non-test shard.

I've never seen one despite 100k+ boards used on carpentry quests. Even the devs have stated that they weren't able to get the best runics from the Heartwood quests in a reasonable amount of time. And they have the god-mode (i.e. instant quest completion) accounts.

E

Edina Monsoon

Good Lord my GM carpenter has spent 6 months in Heartwood grinding out foot stools and I haven't even gotten a runic, let alone a heartwood runic. I am starting to think they don't even exist.

No BODS for carpenters, though, just sit and make the same thing over and over and over again maybe one day you will get something in that useless backpack besides more talisman and recipes to turn in.

"I don't want more things, sweetie, I want better things"

C

Connor_Graham

I've never seen one despite 100k+ boards used on carpentry quests. Even the devs have stated that they weren't able to get the best runics from the Heartwood quests in a reasonable amount of time. And they have the god-mode (i.e. instant quest completion) accounts.
I've spent more than 3 weeks in Heartwood, and so far the only heartwood runic I've seen has been one on a vendor that also had 10+ Val hammers for sale. My 3 weeks has netted me 12 oak runics, 3 ash, and 3 yew. I'm still waiting for this fabled heartwood runic to show.