• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Heartwood Recipe Quests

Riner

Journeyman
Governor
Anyone know rather you have better odds at a rare recipe with quests that have items that take higher crafting skills or is it about the same regardless of which quest you work on?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I think the only frequency difference is between rare and common recipes. The type of quest done doesn't affect it in my experience.

Riner

Journeyman
Governor
Thank you that's what I was hoping as I'm doing the fletching quests currently to work up fletching and it's nice to know I at least have a chance at the rare recipes doing it.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The nice thing is that if you want, you can start from base levels of fletching, specifically choose to do Heartwood fletching quests that are for your skill level (rejecting the harder ones until you need them, and the too-easy ones later), and train a fletcher all the way from 25-30 to GM, JUST doing the main 4 (simple bow, and the 3 crossbow quests).

When I did that, I got most, if not all, of the recipes before I hit 100 skill.

Riner

Journeyman
Governor
That's what I'm doing with my crafter right now! I still need 2 more of the rare recipes but have 14 skill points to do so may get them.

Anyone interested in buying bulk regular fletching recipes?

Thanks for the input.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Unfortunately crafted items from recipes don't have much use in the game these days. A recipe for something like the Night Reaper which may of had some use long ago was made obsolete with imbuing / loot changes. The only recipes that have much use these days are the likes of arch mage cuffs & gloves of feudal grip (both doom drops) / crimson belt (I think scalis might drop the macing one?) / chef toque (even this isn't that popular but comes from Eodon Tmap).

Riner

Journeyman
Governor
Thanks, Keven for your input. Does anyone happen to know which Heartwood quest givers reward which rare recipes?

In particular I'm looking for the rare tinkering recipes - I tried the trinket weavers as they take tinkering items but so far have gotten stone anvil, runic blade and alchemy recipes so thinking perhaps some place else.

Last edited:

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The bow quest givers only give fletching.
The cloth weavers give tailor
The metal types give smith
The Trinket Weavers give the Tinker, Alchemist, Scribe and carpentry/stone rares.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Unfortunately crafted items from recipes don't have much use in the game these days. A recipe for something like the Night Reaper which may of had some use long ago was made obsolete with imbuing / loot changes. The only recipes that have much use these days are the likes of arch mage cuffs & gloves of feudal grip (both doom drops) / crimson belt (I think scalis might drop the macing one?) / chef toque (even this isn't that popular but comes from Eodon Tmap).
thank you
I didn't realize you could get that recipe in Eodon.
gives me a reason to get help for those maps.
I usually toss them

Riner

Journeyman
Governor
Decided to do the Beer Google quest as it only requires beer taps. I loaded my beetle up with ingots plus what I could carry. So far I have gotten scrappers, resilient bracer, and Pendant of the Magi recipes. Thank you for your direction as I can focus on which quests to complete for which recipes now.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Now I'm just lacking the stone anvil(East) beginning to doubt it exists. :rolleyes:
1. It exists, but it was bugged initially to not spawn from the quests. I might not still yet.
2. The only way I'm 100% certain that it can be gotten is in Artisan Supply T-maps, as I have gotten at least one of them that way.

Riner

Journeyman
Governor
Thanks, I have that next on my list of things to do. I did several of the heartwood quests, getting two of the other rares without any of the statues or the anvil in east version. So now working on the other heartwood quests hoping to find the bramble ones next.