• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Heartwood Bow Crafter Quests...

P

PrimalFear

In your opinion, what is the best quest to accept from the bow crafters in Heartwood as far as material costs/rewards ratio? I have been doing the simple bow quest for ages and have yet to receive even a lowly oak runic. Just curious if another quest is more prone to give better rewards.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I've done the bow quest and gotten oak and ash runics for it; part of the problem is that the drop rate is just so low for the bows to begin with....

The crossbow quest (IA One) uses the same amount of materials.

The lowest cost in materials is the bolt quest (lethal darts), but not done it from being in the process of training up arms lore by doing "A simple Bow" - I'm not sure if one can get runics from it or not (would seem cheesy if you can).

Anyone gotten a runic from "lethal Darts" recently?

T

Thiefy/Glorfiedel

i got an oak fletcher tool, 2 month ago.
at this time i got from an idoc 20k bots in a deed and go with my fletcher to turn them in.
always canceled every quest till i recheived the boltquest and turned the bolts in... did it a whole day :)

S

Sir Kenga

I read somewhere that chances to get heartwood runic is 1 to 10000. LOL can take months ))))

kentuckyjoe

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have used over 2,000,000 boards and received 3 runics. 2 oak and 1 ash. I only do Simple Bow and Lethal Darts quests. I've been trying since ML was released and have yet to get a Heartwood or even a Yew kit, but I have had guildmates to get 2 Heartwood kits within 1000-10,000 boards used.

R

rage1110

I have gotten a yew runic and two oak runics with in the past 3 days off of lethal darts.

P

PrimalFear

Just completed my 900th quest and all i've got to show for it is a few nice talismans and a couple jewels that are worthwhile. Got some decent bows but no where near the quality of crafted bows. I have not received one runic fletchers kit. Guess I'll just save up and buy them since it'll cost me more money in the long run to restock my boards at this rate.