• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tech Help] Health Bars

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm still using legacy II after the second to last patch where EA made the healthbars have the massivly small X in the top right corner. Is there not just a simple set of mods that alter health bars only? I think that would be a beneficial project. If not can anyone tell me how to port over someone elses health bars to a new skin.

Also, why is there not a sticky in this forum linking people to modders exchange?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I'm still using legacy II after the second to last patch where EA made the healthbars have the massivly small X in the top right corner. Is there not just a simple set of mods that alter health bars only? I think that would be a beneficial project. If not can anyone tell me how to port over someone elses health bars to a new skin.

Also, why is there not a sticky in this forum linking people to modders exchange?
I have asked in another post if one of our modders would write a small set of instructions on how to add mods in the EC for newbies and will put a sticky link in this (btw most all the modder exchange people have a link in all there posts)!

If I cant get anyone to write something up I will put a sticky in with a link!

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
change of plans I went ahead and placed a sticky that anyone with a site with mods or instructions on EC can ask to be added

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pulling the bits and pieces of the Legacy II skin into individual skinning mods is on my TODO list... but probably won't be done for a while.

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
any idea where in a skin the health bar code is? I'll try modding it myself. on my screen the X out for the health bar is about 4 pixles. maybe if i could just have some code snippet to make them close on right click? anyone got one of those?

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

MobileHealthBar.xml is the main file that handles the look of the health bars. It also will call a few other template xml files so be on the lookout for that.

I ended up making extra health bars so that I could do an entire reformat of the bars both before and after the patch in Copper and Stone.