• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Healing Skill 100-120

Wing Zero Straight Edge

Seasoned Veteran
Right now I have my healing at 90 and my anatomy at 120
The template I'm using is jammed packed already so I'm wondering if I get healing to 100 is there is much of a difference if it never goes to 120?

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Right now I have my healing at 90 and my anatomy at 120
The template I'm using is jammed packed already so I'm wondering if I get healing to 100 is there is much of a difference if it never goes to 120?

I have a similar issue, so if you don't mind, I'm going to add a linked question to this one. :)

Enhanced Bandages - Can I confirm how they work.
If I use them at 110 healing with a 120 cap, are they giving me the final +10 to make 120 healing?

Wing Zero Straight Edge

Seasoned Veteran
I have a similar issue, so if you don't mind, I'm going to add a linked question to this one. :)

Enhanced Bandages - Can I confirm how they work.
If I use them at 110 healing with a 120 cap, are they giving me the final +10 to make 120 healing?
That's actually a good point!
Using an [bcolor=rgb(16, 16, 16)]Enhanced Bandage[/bcolor] from the [bcolor=rgb(16, 16, 16)]Fountain of Life[/bcolor] will give a +10 boost to your healing skill for the bandages application.
So I'm assuming that it does, as i said mines at 90 so is the Enhanced Bandages giving me 100?

Swordsman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The effect of healing skill 100 is different from 90+enhanced bandages. When the toon removes lv 5 poison, healing skill 90+enhanced bandages may fail, but skill 100 does not.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Five on Friday - January 25, 2008

"Enhanced Bandages - do they help if you're already at your skill cap," redux:

Leurocian looked over this again, and it turns out while we were partly right, we were also definitely wrong:

"Using enhanced bandages - even if you’re at your healing cap - will affect the amount of hit points healed. Enhanced bandages essentially adds 10 to your healing skill for the purposes of calculating the amount of hit points healed."

What they do NOT do is improve your success chance (say, for resurrection, which is 64% at GM.) So if you're capped out, they do provide a benefit, but it's a very specific benefit.

(Note: if you're NOT at the cap, one other thing enhanced bandages can do is bump you up over the minimum skill requirements for curing poison (60) and resurrecting (80.) You'll have a pretty low success chance, and you won't be able to gain skill from those attempts, but you can try 'em.)

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can run healing without anat and still heal for all the same points but you will fail cure and res. I would normally run 90 healing so it never failed the bandage and would skip anat completely thus freeing up those points for other skills on my PvP guys.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
not sure if the OP is looking pvp or pvm but from a pvm standpoint almost all of my melee toons run 90 healing/anat and i either put them up to 100+ with baubles and then use the enhanced b-aids and i never have a issue.
i cure every time and i res people pretty much every time.
also heal myself for nice chunks with no issues.
it has been my stopping point for healing for many years now.

as for pvp i cant speak to that anymore, the templates are so convoluted that i gave up trying to keep up.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
My PvM Paladin has 100 anat/healing and uses enhanced bandages. If I'm in a group hunting and can do so, I use Noble Sacrifice on all, slap bandages on all and then myself. My INT and DEX regen pretty well due to jewels. Nothing like ressurrecting 3 or 4 ghosts at once.

For me, this is pretty dangerous as I only have 1 in all stats but a quiet spot and just a few seconds is all I need. I'd suggest 100/100 anat/heal - regardless of having chiv or not.

Last edited: