• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Healing pets]

krilov

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought of an extreme "strategy" about healing both me and my pets...but i would like to hear your opinions about it.
PVM template without neither resspell nor eva int (i got bard skills atm).

Atm, i got magery(still at 100 & going to 120 as soon as i can) and veterinary( around 80 atm).
I like magery for healing since u can do it from far and i use it 99,9% of times.
I rarely use vet for healing cuz the few times i did it, i was almost always pwned by the mob/mobs that tanked me, cancellin my spells or paralizing me as well as bleeding/poisoning me too.
Even if i run in 2/6 and i got all 70 in resist but poison (that's a poor 56 buu), i'm not really confortable at all standing close to the mob, healing/curing me and vetting the pets. (Doh maybe it's just me cuz i'm noob)

Now...i've seen templates using just chiva and not magery at all but again that's would be almost like using vet since u need to be really close to you pets.am i wrong?
Moreover when u have to cure the pets with chiva they lose few hp cuz of a flame dmg done by that spell. and i do not really like this.

So...as far as i know having 120magery & chiva makes u lose the 4/6 chivalry casting cap.
Btw, if u keep magery at 69.9 u sill can cast chiva spells at 4/6 right?At least that's what i heard from friends.
Now, what about going around with something like that:

magery 69.9
chiva 55
spellweavin 120 or something like that.

At 120 magery u will heal in 2/6 at least 49 points using Greater healing.
At 69.9 you will heal 28.96 that's almost 29 points.

I was thinking of using Arcane emp. for pumping up the healing spell done by magery in order to compensate the -20 hit points lost for not having 120 magery.
And using that far_healing method whenever in need.
Otherwise, i'm going to go near my pets and casting chiva's healing but now at 4/6 so...at max speed. Basicly 2x times faster than magery.

1st question: Do u know how much does ARcane Emp. increments the power of greater heal? Does it add a 20+ healed points bonus ?
If so, that would be cool i think.

Moreover, for making the things more extreme XD , i thought i could use a weapon too with the following properties:spellchannel, fast cast 1 and something like -25mage weap , DCI or any other resist bonus in order to go around with a real and higher lvl of magery just for using spells like gate travel when in need.

Is that thing possible?! too hardcore?
LOL how the hell do you heal your pets without dieing?! XD

p.s.2 how u gain honor points as a tamer wihtout having eva int or sw?
Since..i've to kill all alone the mobs without pet's help -_-

P

pgib

You can gain honor using pets, you just gain less and have to target mid level mobs (ancient wyrms, miasma, trasher, things like that).

The mage weapon is a life saver. The problem with distance healing is that you will run out of mana. If you don't then chances are the mob you're fighting doesn't require that much healing power.

Anyway it is best to try: it is the fun of this game. In the end you will find out that the most effective way to be a tamer nowadays is to put on 110 mystic 110 focus and leave the rest for bank sitting (but for barracoon: it dispels the colossus too fast).

krilov

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well thinking of it, the template should look like this:

taming 115
lore 105
chiva 55
music 120
disco 120
sw 120
Magery 69.9

that's 705 points.

Now, having spellweav. means having mana probs deffo.
Btw, doing some calculations it seems i can reach something like 77-87- or even 100 (depending on the jewels/armor/talisman i use and switch) free points to use somewhere.

Let's consider the worst case just 77 free points.
How to spend them?!
A)I can add 70 medit for an extra 7mr...sounds cool and wise.

B)Or...maybe...i thought of adding necro 20 (and if i switch to human that's would be just 0 tnx to joat) and all the rest in SS.
All this for casting wraith form being able to mana leeching.
If i'm right, for mana leeching u need to do dmg with a weapon or magery right? or do you recover few mana points even without damaging the target at all?

Now, if i use wod who does 300dmg at least and sucks 50mana ..it means i recover at least 45 mana with 70+ ss.
Now, i lose just 5mana but i do 300+dmg...that sounds still cool isn't it?
In the best case, if i reach 100 free skill points...it means i can recover 20% of dmg done...that ensure me at least 60 mana recovered = 60-50(WOD) = 10 mana point recovered each time i cast wod.
And if i'm human..i got 2mr extra too, from the meditation 20.

C) From what you said veterinary seems still a must cuz it does help in saving mana..so...do i spend the extra points on veterinary reaching around 80+ or even 100?!
In that case the healing strategy should be like this, i guess: spamming chiva for healing myself or the pet/pets too(if in need) while i vet them too?!

LOL having 3 ways of healing the pets sounds cool and really versatile.
chiva that's the fastest but need to be close.
magery that's slower but u can stay far and archcuring too
vet for saving mana but u need to be close and isn't that fast.

But again, even if magery would be used just for when i need to run far for some reasons, do u think that's a good template?
I mean is there someone who knows if arcane empowerment really rises the amount of hp healed with spells like heal/greater heal? and if it's so, how much ? +10 hits points healed? +5?+20? -considering sw at 120-

P

pgib

Well, you can try your setup on test center but i think you'll miss mana unless you fight things that won't require any healing at all (like balrons or succubi or some mini-boss in abyss).

To be an effective tamer-healer (that is to be able to sustain greater heal for long time) you need 180+mana, 120 focus, 120 meditation, 40LMC,14+ mana regeneration and 110+ magery.

With FC2 you run out of mana after ten minutes or so (a solo fight against a big mob like rikktor or the dark father takes more than one hour).

Word of death is wonderful but you can use it near the end of the fight so you can't count on it for mana regeneration unless you plan to do lower level mobs but that doesn't require healing at all - with a trained greater dragon you can do three balrons in a row before your pet needs healing.

I do think that the set of skills could work together: you'll just concentrate on "fast" fights. Note that you can have 105 skill points from ring+bracelet and 15 magery from a spellbook (and more from items) so you can add something else.

krilov

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After playing around a bit i've modified my setup and the final template should look like this:
Taming 115
Lore 105
Vet 80
chiva 55
Music 120
Provo 120
Disco 120
Magery 69.9

Ofc tnx to skills on jewels, on armor and talism.
At the end, i've decided to follow/try the way of vet-bard: leaving sp.weav and replacing it with provocation. and..keeping vet.
Since i'm going to farm/tame all pet i need (GD too) all by myself (possibly) i came up with thes ideas:
- fastest way to heal myself --> 4/6 casting chiva
- way for damaging pet making the taming-process easier --> provo+my pets
Since spellweav suks so much mana...too much mana, i think that provo would be deffo better; things will be slower surely (depending on what u provoke) but u save lots of mana as well as u got the possibility to kill hard things like cu-para (that would break your farming process), still all by yourself, even without risking your own pets by just provoking all the things around him.
Vet 80 might not heal so much...but i still find it really usefull; u cure poisons, and when i'm in need i vet+ istant chiva heal my pet...bringing him at full hp almost istantly. With enchanted bandages the job should be easier 4 sure but i still haven't tried them.
Moreover, as written before, 69.9magery is for being able to have 4/6casting and all the low lvl usefull spells; then, i'm going to use a 1h weapon too with the following properties: spell chann,FC1, Mage weapon -25 (at least)
SO that i can go around with a real and higher lvl of magery that ensure me a better and powerfull greater heal from far, whenever i put it off + the possibility to cast spells like gate travel or invis too without failing.
Healing the pets with chiva+vet isn't so easy...especially without scripts (that's how i play...doh..call me noob but i do not like that a prog does all for me...where's the fun eh?!) and i've to set almost 2000 buttons each one linked to a dress/undress or macro or a skill etc etc..and it's a pain in the ass since i use them all almost always and sometimes i press the wrong ones too haha; anyway i feel like the more i use it, the more i feel confortable with it.And i like it.

Atm i'm not skillled yet...i lack of all the bard skill ( i mean they are not 120 yet ) but...again i'm in love with this template.
The other day me and few guild_friends went @desdard for taming a GD.
We were: 2x necro-mage-spweav and 2x tamers (me and a common magery-tamer)
All full statted and full skilled but me.
Well the funny was that everyone was getting killed once in a while but me.
I counted something like 40 seconds ( that seemed like eternity ) during wich i had the GD literally on my ass hitting me and ma pet without being able to kill us. Neverending Spam of chiva+archcures,vet like hell LOL and during that, the others, started talking/insulting eachother in chat with all calm since they saw me just fine. 0_o after that round i wrote in chat smthing like that: "i came here just for barely supporting u all, and i ended being used like your tank-pet...jesus..give me a beer! i want a beerr! now!"

P

pgib

Bard tamers are great fun but you shouldn't take greater dragons as a measure of effectiveness: they are low level mobs in the current world, you can kill them with two bouras and some bandages with zero risks.

A good test could be the hydra room in the prysm of light (and being a bard you should do great down there) or some lich gang at the last level of the Unholy terror champ spawn in ilshenar: a couple of paragon lich lords with their infamous mana-drain, wither, paralize-flamestrike mix are a great way to see the gray light.

Then we have the mighty paragon skeletal dragon, a very nasty pet-eater: discordance here could come handy.

Semidar and Mephitis are also very challenging if you try to vet the pet: the first because it does area damage almost constantly, the second because of that nasty para-teleport thing.

Spellweaving... well it is great: with attunement and gift of renewal (on myself) i was actually able to keep my gd alive against the Slasher of Veils (greater heal+vet at 110 magery, 120-120 lore-vet). For the duration of the gift: when it expires you have to wait one lightyear to cast it again, the slasher owled, rocks fell and we both died miserably. It was worth a try :D.

L

L1Z4RD

In all honesty, I would suggest rolling a discord mystic mage.

Pets are such a hassle...commands...healing...resing, etc.
A colossus summoned from high myst is a pretty beastly thing, plus. no need to worry about healing it or anything....simply summon another when it dies. Plus having myst adds a ton of great spells to your arsenal as well as focus skill which helps with mana regen.

Taming is only useful in pvp these days in my honest opinion, since I feel the colossus is more beneficial in pvm for said reasons.

I roll a template that looks like this:

120 myst
100 focus (120 boosted)
80 necro (105 boosted)
110 ss (120 boosted)
120 music
120 disco
70 magery (105 boosted)

its a lot of plus skill items, but in a good sdi suit with slayer books and bard masteries there is really nothing this template cant handle if played smartly.

I also swap to lower necro and ss for higher mage and eval depending on the situation....but keep enough for wraith and good mana leech.

P

pgib

Well, the sad truth is that you can pretty much replace lore-taming-vet with mining-tailoring-carpentry, put 120-120 mystic-focus and be 10x more effective than a tamer with a gd.

I myself am a mystic-tamer and i use my dragons just because i like them, in lower level fights: when thing get serious i stable the dragons and use the colossus.

But hey, let's not talk about some love here, 'cause that will ruin pvp.

krilov

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bard tamers are great fun but you shouldn't take greater dragons as a measure of effectiveness: they are low level mobs in the current world, you can kill them with two bouras and some bandages with zero risks.
dude i guess u're deffo right...but i still feel happy; little steps..keeping growing ;)

For all the myst. templates suggested out there...ye i know they rock..but they go out of topic too am i wrong? XD

Btw, i still would like to know how much does an arcane empowerment improve the greater healing power. (with/without arcanists- bonus)
ty again all