• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Healing 100 vs 120

Calla Lily

Journeyman
Is there any real advantage to having 120 Healing over 100 Healing? Does it make you heal faster or heal more points?

Calla Lily

Journeyman
Just heal more points and higher chance to Rez.
Thank you. My healer mage is trying to figure out which skill she should take to 120. She has:
Anatomy
Eval Int
Focus
Healing
Magery
Meditation
Resist

Her stats are 80 Str, 50 Dex, and 125 Int.

Any suggestions?

Maldar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am assuming from your post that you just have 20 skill points to spend? If it were me, I would either take Magery to 120 or split the points and take Magery and Eval both to 110. My 2-cents....

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am assuming from your post that you just have 20 skill points to spend? If it were me, I would either take Magery to 120 or split the points and take Magery and Eval both to 110. My 2-cents....
Agree. 120 magery heals a lot more than healing. You dont have to be right next to the player either. Cant cast max duration and % bless.

Can make a fighting healer and remove focus, heal and anatomy.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Eval. You will have more damage and get the defensive wrestle benefit of 220 eval/anatomy.

Though you don't really say what ur doing with this char. If it's for PvP I'd drop focus for parry and use Dex pots to keep over 80 dex, butu Band-Aids will take like 8 seconds to run with such low dex.

I can't see the char being that great for either really. Like ur hit points are gunna be low with such low strength. Ugh.

Calla Lily

Journeyman
She’ll be strictly PvM, but mainly I’m just making her to be a healing support to groups of players. I’m hoping to let other people do the fighting. I have plenty of other warriors and mages (20 chars.)

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Uriah was at one time a healer/mage. Strictly created for guild support. Was nice to be able to bandage to rez and cast GH at a distance to those who needed it.
Also was useful to stand amongst the archers and heal, while casting heals on the toe to toe warriors. It can have it's place, as long as you don;t expect too much from it

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I presume you are using anat for the eval defense or are you running a mage weapon? All of my old dex monkeys only ran healing and I never bothered with anat as it only cured and rezzed but did nothign for the points you would heal, if this is not a concern I would drop it and swap for parry while raising magery to 120.

Enhanced bandages raise your healing skill by 10 but will not go over the cap.

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Spellweaving have the gift of renewal as a great passive healing spell when casted, If you want more power to your heals.
I cant see how you would need focus to be able to gheal or even ress people non stop.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On a cramped template 80.0 anatomy with 91.0 healing is sufficient. Combined with potions and chivalry and enhanced bandages, I do all right.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
She’ll be strictly PvM, but mainly I’m just making her to be a healing support to groups of players. I’m hoping to let other people do the fighting. I have plenty of other warriors and mages (20 chars.)
Honestly, a Bard/Mage would be better for that role. Prevent the damage in the first place with Peace Masteries. At 120 Music/Peace/Disco/Provo, a Bard/Mage can provide +30% DCI/30% Damage Reduction/+6% Casting Focus with Perseverance, and +22 HPR/SR/MR, -60% Curse/Bleed/Mortal duration, and a high degree of Poison Resistance (like an Orange Petal) with Resilience. Both of those affect an entire party if they're in range, and can be ran at the same time. The buffs even affect pets. That +30% Damage Reduction from Perseverance is huge, it's even stronger than Exceptional Swampy Armor.

120 Music
120 Peace
120 Disco
120 Provo
110 Med (+10 with Balakai's Shaman Staff to bring it to 120)
90-GM Magery (depending on your +Magery gear)
30-40 Focus (+10 with Obi Di Ense, another +10 from Mystic's Memento)

Calla Lily

Journeyman
Honestly, a Bard/Mage would be better for that role. Prevent the damage in the first place with Peace Masteries. At 120 Music/Peace/Disco/Provo, a Bard/Mage can provide +30% DCI/30% Damage Reduction/+6% Casting Focus with Perseverance, and +22 HPR/SR/MR, -60% Curse/Bleed/Mortal duration, and a high degree of Poison Resistance (like an Orange Petal) with Resilience. Both of those affect an entire party if they're in range, and can be ran at the same time. The buffs even affect pets. That +30% Damage Reduction from Perseverance is huge, it's even stronger than Exceptional Swampy Armor.

120 Music
120 Peace
120 Disco
120 Provo
110 Med (+10 with Balakai's Shaman Staff to bring it to 120)
90-GM Magery (depending on your +Magery gear)
30-40 Focus (+10 with Obi Di Ense, another +10 from Mystic's Memento)
Interesting. When I first created her, I did so with a bard in mind but switched it out. Thanks for the info.

Swordsman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you. My healer mage is trying to figure out which skill she should take to 120. She has:
Anatomy
Eval Int
Focus
Healing
Magery
Meditation
Resist

Her stats are 80 Str, 50 Dex, and 125 Int.

Any suggestions?
The templates of uo are very flexible. When we talk about role specific skills for a healing mage, I will pick spellweaving 120. magery needs at least 110 by +10 from jewellery mods.

Bard mage is another effective template for group healing.

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For group/solo play try a garg-mystic-disco-mage.

Disco target, Throw RC, cast dispair/tribular. Stay in the back, cast cleansing wind on those who needs it.
Template looks something like this
120 magery
120 music
120 disco
120 mysti
120 focus
120 medi
This template can also be used to solo hunt, almost same level as a discord-tamer.
All skills except music, disco can be 115s or less depending on your budget.

Nero

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Does anybody know what is the minimum skill in healing / anatomy to no longer get the message that the bandage "barely helps" (meaning no heals)?

I have been experimenting with 80 healing /100 anatomy on some templates and do get that message way too often at that level.

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Anatomy does nothing for that equation. Healing might have to be above 85 to avoid the message but I ran 100 for my guys and then stacked the enhanced 10 bonus points from enhanced bandages.

Blargety

Journeyman
WIth your dex that low, healing is almost a complete waste of points on your template. Your healing speed is determined by your dexterity. You would get more bang for your buck spamming regular heal than you would carrying bandages. If you get fast enough, you can even cleanse most poisons with just regular magery. Healing is a dexxer thing for a reason. It requires dexterity.

Put those points elsewhere IMO.

Maldar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I enjoy playing my Mystic Mage for PvM. I'm certain he can have his skills tweaked but I am happy with him. I rarely die unless it is due to my own screw-up, I use him for supporting a group. I toss an RC and commence healing/curing/lifting curses.

Str 100
Dex 35
Int 150

120 Eval
120 Focus
100 Inscription
120 Magery
120 Med
120 Mysticism

70s suit with max MR, and some HPR & SR.