• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Healing] Heal/cross heal timer?

Pirate Roberts

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is the heal timer based on dex or stamina? Is there a place where I can find a timer to plug in my stats to find the time delay for bandaging myself and others?

I have 125 dex and 190 stamina.

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I thought yourself was based on dex or stam but others was a flat 2 seconds but that is from a memory 5+ years back.

There use to be a calculator on stratics but the link is broken, sorry.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Healing rate for yourself is dependent on Dex. You cap your healing at 140 Dex. Stamina does not affect it.

I can't remember the cross heal rates. Here is the UO Guide link on healing. I don't see the time to cross heal mentioned, but I may have missed it.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sadly, Warrior cross healing seems to be a lost art nowadays, with all the Sampires that are out there. Warrior's standing side by side, running bandies on each other used to be the norm. Still works pretty good though against something like Osiredon or Corgul, whom eat Sampires for lunch.

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Last I remember healing is Dex based not stamina based. Healing other's is half the time of healing self.
(I believe interrupt effect may also be dex based)

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Last I remember healing is Dex based not stamina based. Healing other's is half the time of healing self.
(I believe interrupt effect may also be dex based)
You remember correctly.

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Alright I found my notes so this should clear up any confusion
Healing base time is 8 seconds.
This gets reduced by(Dex/20 - 3) ( limiting values between 0 and 4 so your max healing time remains 8 and your min is 4 seconds )
This gives the base time for healing self
Time for Healing another player = (SelfHeal Time + 1) / 3

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For interruption and slippage.
your interrupt penalty is 7.5 - (Dex/ 20)
Interrupt damage is 21 for PvP and 28 for PvM - the interrupt penalty
So at 0 dex you'd get interrupted at 14 damage in PvP and 21 damage in PvM
your heal amount is reduced by 65% each time you slip.
if your healing is GM or greater your slip reduction is only 55% - Dex/5 so that can be a max of 25% per slip.
(its exponential so 65% of 65% of 65%)
At 6 slips you have a guaranteed fail
Your minimum heal amount after slipping is (anatomy /6 + healing /6 + 3) / 4

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
@Logrus -- I love it when you start giving true mathematical equations behind the warrior systems. Great info and please keep sharing when you can break away from Shards development.

Pirate Roberts

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From what I've seen, it takes about 4 seconds to heal myself and 2 to heal another. I was able to easily solo the burning and crazed mages and did well against Corgul for our first hunt as a team against such a powerful foe.

That's not to say that we were successful in killing him, but it was a good reconnaissance mission. Next time we will succeed.

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
2 Cross healing fighters + a bard is a great team for taking on Osiredon.
Just remember to move out of the puddles.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Corgul is solo'able... just don't use life leach.
But in pair its minions are much faster/easier to kill. One char attack them and jump to the ship while another WW them without much risk.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
2 Cross healing fighters + a bard is a great team for taking on Osiredon.
Just remember to move out of the puddles.
Yep, that's what i do. I have my Bard/Mage sitting 11-12 tiles back from Osiredon with Disco on him, while running either the Provo or Peace Songs. I have my Thrower sitting 10 tiles back from Osiredon and attacking him, while cross healing an ABC Archer next to me. Whenever the Parasitic Eels pop up, i have my Bard/Mage use a Firehorn to kill them.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep, that's what i do. I have my Bard/Mage sitting 11-12 tiles back from Osiredon with Disco on him, while running either the Provo or Peace Songs. I have my Thrower sitting 10 tiles back from Osiredon and attacking him, while cross healing an ABC Archer next to me. Whenever the Parasitic Eels pop up, i have my Bard/Mage use a Firehorn to kill them.
@PlayerSkillFTW

Sorry to bring up this old post of yours, but I have a question about something you mentioned in it....

You first say you keep the Bard/Mage well in the back, 11-12 tiles away from Osiredon, but then, you mention using a Firehorn to kill the Parasitic Eels....

Well, the Firehorn has a MAX Range of only 3 tiles so, if your Bard/Mage stays so much in the back, I do not understand how it can protect the Thrower and the Archer from the Eeels UNLESS, all 3 characters are close to one another like 1 tile away from each other.....

But then, how effective can a Thrower be at so much a far distance from Osiredon ?

Archery, as a Ranged Weapon, has a much better damage per distance ratio as compared to Throwing which, instead, as I understand, needs to be closer as compared to Archery to a Target in order to deliver significant damage...

Could you please explain it better ?

Thanks !

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@PlayerSkillFTW

Sorry to bring up this old post of yours, but I have a question about something you mentioned in it....

You first say you keep the Bard/Mage well in the back, 11-12 tiles away from Osiredon, but then, you mention using a Firehorn to kill the Parasitic Eels....

Well, the Firehorn has a MAX Range of only 3 tiles so, if your Bard/Mage stays so much in the back, I do not understand how it can protect the Thrower and the Archer from the Eeels UNLESS, all 3 characters are close to one another like 1 tile away from each other.....

But then, how effective can a Thrower be at so much a far distance from Osiredon ?

Archery, as a Ranged Weapon, has a much better damage per distance ratio as compared to Throwing which, instead, as I understand, needs to be closer as compared to Archery to a Target in order to deliver significant damage...

Could you please explain it better ?

Thanks !
Thrower range is based on Strength. At 150 STR, a Soul Glaive has a max range of 11 tiles, which is 1 tile more than an Archer can get. At 11 tiles though, the Thrower deals less damage, he still delivers full damage at 10 tiles though.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thrower range is based on Strength. At 150 STR, a Soul Glaive has a max range of 11 tiles, which is 1 tile more than an Archer can get. At 11 tiles though, the Thrower deals less damage, he still delivers full damage at 10 tiles though.
@PlayerSkillFTW

Thanks for the clarification !

What about the Fire Horn question about having a Range of 3 tiles ?

Did you basically have Bard, Thrower and Archer next to one another to be able to have the Bard protect the Ranged Templates from the Eeels ?

Innoxicated

Journeyman
dude he probably moved up to blast the eels, then moved back? It still makes sense to say he parked the bard a way off.

I do the same thing (not solo, though) with a mystic bard and wraith archer. Bard disco's and runs Provo songs. I summon a RC behind the bard, who will eventually stroll up to the scalis, but usually stops to kill the eels on his way. With a MR mage wep and stone form, he's pretty easy to park and forget about.

Last edited: