• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Heads up - Pub 66 on Test Centre

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Full info can be found here.

Some changes that might interest us tamers -

Patch 4.0.7 (Enhanced Client)

Mobile/Party Health Bars

• Mobile Health Bars and Party Health Bars now use less screen space.
  • Party Health Bars are numbered with the member position in the party.
  • Each Party Health Bar window position saves across play sessions.
  • Party Health Bars no longer snap back to their original position when inviting new members into a party.
  • The Pet Window has been replaced with Mobile Health Bars.
  • Pets are now renamed by using the "Rename" context menu option on pets instead of clicking the name on the health bar. (*)
And bard love....

Mmmm yeah, get that Barry White record on...

Ok, maybe I got you more excited than you should be, nm :D

Bard Mastery System – NPC’s can be found in the Music Conservatory in Fel and Tram

• Bard players will be able to select one of three areas of bard mastery, each pertaining to one of the main barding skills. The mastery abilities will be based on the players skill in the associated area, but will NOT affect the current way the skill is used nor how the players interact with that skill.
Choosing / Obtaining a mastery:

• Players will perform a quest obtainable from the quest givers in the Music Conservatory.
  • Players will be rewarded upon quest completion with a Spellbook containing the mastery abilities.
Mastery ability initiation.

• Once players have chosen a mastery, the abilities are freely usable at any time and only have as requirements the skill and mana costs.
Mastery abilities:

• Party must remain within range of the Bard to remain under the spellsong effects.
  • Bards may be interrupted when they receive damage while using their abilities.
  • A bard may only have one ability in effect at a time.
  • Abilities do not stack with themselves.
  • All abilities require upkeep dependent on how many are being affected by the ability.
  • Abilities will not check for Criminal flagging, so beware of your Party members.
Provocation: Title Exhilirator

(These will be considered beneficial actions)

• Inspire: Party Hit chance increase by up to 15%, Damage increase by up to 40%, SDI increased by up to 15% (PvP Cap 15)(Provocation Based)
  • Invigorate: Party Hit Points increased by up to 20, Party healed for 7-16 dmg every 4 seconds. (Provocation Based) . Party Strength, Dex, Int ,Increased by Up to 8.
Peacemaking: Title Galvanizer

(These will be considered beneficial actions)

• Resilience: Poison resistance increase(not the stat), Mortal, Bleed, Curse effect Durations decreased, Hp regen bonus 2-8, mana regen bonus 2-8, stamina regen bonus 2-8.
  • Preservance: Party Defense Chance increased by up to 16%, Damage reduced by up to 16%. Casting focus bonus 1-4%
Discordance: Title Desponder

(These will be considered aggressive/negative actions)

• Tribulation: Target Hit Chance reduced by up to 32%, Spell Damaged reduced by 32% , Damage Taken can trigger additional damage between 20-60% of the damage taken as physical once per second. (Discordance Based) (Chance to Trigger damage Musicianship Based)
  • Despair: Target Strength Reduced by up to 32, 20 – 60 Damage (Physical), every 2 seconds.
There's a stack of stuff coming with pub 66, but those were the bits that stuck out.

Wenchy

J

[JD]

Sounds like they're trying to make more bards... bards have been kinda lackluster a while (sorry Poo!)

The new abilities remind me of the Dark Age of Camelot "Minstrel"... I played that char a lot and it was a top favorite of mine.

Maybe time to revisit a bard. Discord looks... enticing.

And thank god for fixing the hotbars on the EC. I can't tell you how annoying it is to have health hotbars "snap" over and cover all my icons on the left side of the screen.

F

FoodStamp [GL]

It would be cool if the new bardic abilities worked on pets too, not just players. Maybe someone could ask the devs about that.

Metalstorm

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Call me crazy but I'm most excited about the rename tweak.

I can't recall how many times I've hit the name and not the red bar when trying to heal or access the context menu only to get the damn text cursor pop up.

gortman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One problem I noticed last night is pet renaming in EC. They took away the pet "window" and supposedly moved the renaming function to the pet's context menu, but I didn't see it there. Might have overlooked it I guess.

If anyone else here uses the EC, would you mind looking at a pet's context menu to see if the rename pet option exists after the latest patch?

A

Azumazi

Sure I'll give it a check right now Gort, unable to get it to work so looks like something could be messed up on that part. Basically the prompt of options does not include a rename, yet you cannot select the text bar to do it that way either both in the mini bar and in the primary selection bar so unless I am missing something they seem to have messed this up.

Okay rename option is open on test, however, it has broken it on the standard shards for now.

Metalstorm

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On the publish notes it says the rename feature (among others) doesn't work until Pub 66 is 'fully functional'.

A

Azumazi

Problem is they should have held off having it work like that on normal shards for now, since it basically means you can't rename till they fully patch it, which is basically a broken function.