• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

having problems digging.....?!?!?!?!

• Thread starter imported_captainobvious
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_captainobvious

ive got 100 locks, and 99.6 cart..... good enough figure to go out and attempt some of my first tmaps with my new hunter. i wanted to start very small as my taming and magery are still both very low. so i got a lvl 1 map.

i found the spot with ease.... even found a rune from the old tlt library thats moved to luna to match... ( i must say that gave me a headache.... maps are logged by coordinates, not by map number 53, 54 or 55....... this person doing the library is quite cruel) nevertheless...... i found it again. confirmed the spot.....clicked on my shovel.... and....

" YOU CANNOT MINE THERE, YOU CANNOT MINE THERE......"

ABOUT 50 TIMES!!!! i even traveled around the area about 50 tiles in each direction just to make sure..... not once would it let me dig!!

i need an experienced mapper to tell me, whats the malfunction? i have entirely too high of stats for this rubbage. i even came on here to make sure everyones stats didnt also have mining on them as well..... but they did not. so i tried again..... same result. how does one dig the chests up???

help, im in agony over spending the time to gm picking to not have this work.

G

Double click the shovel then click the map then target the ground

G

depending on your shard you can find rune librarys with both types...my old lock pick house on cats had comeplete sets for tram and fel with both co-ordinates and map numbers.
Look around I am sure your shard has something similiar.

TW

G

<blockquote><hr>

my hero :)

thanks a million!!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

If on Sonoma I can also show you couple libraries that do it both ways, either by pin# or coor's. The Tool known as UOTH shows all of this as well and can be a great help with locating t maps sites.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Why do people dig maps that way?

I find it easier just to bypass clicking the shovel altogether, and clicking on the map, getting the gump, and targeting the location....

I

imported_captainobvious

heh, tw...... the "tlt" reference didnt give away my shard to ya? :p
i know of where the tlt set ended up....if im right in thinking its bearpoint... but i dont care for the numbers in the least. the process takes me long enough, i dont need another 10 minutes in recalling back and forth....lol.

i heard flutter may be setting something up, as well as the uppermost exit to luna, i heard of a library just to the left of the exit as well. ill go searching here shortly.... if i find a better setup, ill post for those on cats.

G

The lock pick house I set up is still inexistance on Cats.....it is in the listings in the sticky thread. It is east of brit moongate in trammel 1 to 2 screens away...very close to Brit beach....the owners name is Talina....she has a full set of fell and tram books up last time I looked....look for the last post in the lock pick house temp listings...Lady Gwenyth is the poster....it has a picture of how the lp house looks today....it changes from time to time as she gets bord!!

heheh

TW