• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

have you been killed by...

Wargasm11

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yeah give it break already..i could care less who has their client moded..whats the big diff.. a big LOL to the fact that he went and cut out all his trees like it makes a diff...

the only issue i have with this is how M constantly calls everyone else cheaters and hackers but they have just as many in their guild

R

Rumpelstiltskin

i can tell he aint a trammy and equip his client/character like a pvper should...
I real PvP'er has no need to use hack's or cheats. Someone who cant hack it will resort to said methods. :eyes:
you dont know a real pvper.

and world of warcraft the best mmorpg in the history of gaming has about 1000 client mods to smoothen the game play,

as well for war hammer which is EA owned and operated

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

and world of warcraft the best mmorpg in the history of gaming has about 1000 client mods to smoothen the game play,

If EA intended for you to change the appearance of trees from trees to stumps i'm pretty sure they would have included that feature in their new client.

The same goes for the passable/impassable object checks.

I also disagree with you on WoW being the best MMO in the history of gaming.

The only time I wouldn't insult someone for modding would be if they were running an old and outdated computer and turned off animations for their poison/para/energy fields. Not turn them to tiles - just turn off animation so the tiles don't refresh constantly.

S

suprshadow

lynk man, your beating a dead horse..... In every MMO there is some type of mod out there that changes something about the client that the user is on; WoW, Warhammer, UO, Everquest and probably even darkfall.

It's not like these guys are running around with GOD like powers, or able to 1 shot everything they see. The only difference is the fact that they don't have a tree or two on their screen and or a huge fire wall is only now tiles. So basically how are these things interrupting your game play?

To be honest, i hate the way the fields are in this game. Sometimes when i go to dispel a field and click on the field it doesn't even register and makes it so i miss the dispel on it. Having the "tile hack"(as people call it) would make it 10000000x easier and plus UO laggs up badly when you have 100 para or pos fields up.

S

suprshadow

If EA intended for you to change the appearance of trees from trees to stumps i'm pretty sure they would have included that feature in their new client.

The same goes for the passable/impassable object checks.

I also disagree with you on WoW being the best MMO in the history of gaming.

The only time I wouldn't insult someone for modding would be if they were running an old and outdated computer and turned off animations for their poison/para/energy fields. Not turn them to tiles - just turn off animation so the tiles don't refresh constantly.
P.S i played warhammer, which is an EA ran game. There are dozens of mods out there to change the way the client works and they are all perfectly legal.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wasn't aware this is War Hammer.

(when I use the term 'you' I'm not accusing anyone specifically, 'you' is directed at anyone with the mods installed)

It gives you a distinctive advantage in field fighting.

1.) No trees, no foliage. Foliage often hides impassible objects such as grave stones. The fact that you have no foliage makes it easier for you to navigate. It gives you an advantage.

2.) Fields into tiles is a huge advantage for any choke point. Having tiles makes it much easier to dispel a field. Example efields, with tiles you can target anywhere on that tile and it will dispel. When it's a normal e-field you have to target the little blue center for a proper dispel. The tiles also allow you to easily throw your fields down in between others poison fields (where normal clients would have to walk on the tile and target self. This is a huge advantage when pushing or holding a choke.

3.) Moving through impassible objects doesn't really need to be explained.

Each of these provides a benefit that normal clients don't have. I don't care that other games allow the mods. And if it doesn't provide a benefit, why do they do it? Surely it can't be for the aesthetic value a tree stump offers.

R

Rumpelstiltskin

(when I use the term 'you' I'm not accusing anyone specifically, 'you' is directed at anyone with the mods installed)

1.) No trees, no foliage. Foliage often hides impassible objects such as grave stones. The fact that you have no foliage makes it easier for you to navigate. It gives you an advantage.

2.) Fields into tiles is a huge advantage for any choke point. Having tiles makes it much easier to dispel a field. Example efields, with tiles you can target anywhere on that tile and it will dispel. When it's a normal e-field you have to target the little blue center for a proper dispel. The tiles also allow you to easily throw your fields down in between others poison fields (where normal clients would have to walk on the tile and target self. This is a huge advantage when pushing or holding a choke.

Each of these provides a benefit that normal clients don't have. I don't care that other games allow the mods. And if it doesn't provide a benefit, why do they do it? Surely it can't be for the aesthetic value a tree stump offers.

no one gets banned for it, so everyone should use it...

Wargasm11

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
how is it that speedhacks used to be detactable/bannable? is it that somthing changed? or is it just that gms/ea dont care anymore?

it must be that they just dont care because when i call a gm for something legitimate i almost never get a response or a resolution to my issue..its very very frustrating

S

suprshadow

lynk, i do not support the mod where you can run through impassable objects, that is just messed up.

LordTesla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i can tell he aint a trammy and equip his client/character like a pvper should...

I real PvP'er has no need to use hack's or cheats. Someone who cant hack it will resort to said methods. :eyes:

LOL You talk like you play fair and you matter.

lynk man, your beating a dead horse..... In every MMO there is some type of mod out there that changes something about the client that the user is on; WoW, Warhammer, UO, Everquest and probably even darkfall.

It's not like these guys are running around with GOD like powers, or able to 1 shot everything they see. The only difference is the fact that they don't have a tree or two on their screen and or a huge fire wall is only now tiles. So basically how are these things interrupting your game play?

To be honest, i hate the way the fields are in this game. Sometimes when i go to dispel a field and click on the field it doesn't even register and makes it so i miss the dispel on it. Having the "tile hack"(as people call it) would make it 10000000x easier and plus UO laggs up badly when you have 100 para or pos fields up.

Can we fix this somehow? Can we get this noticed so more people stop quitting and killing our game just so they can "LOL" and call you a noob after they cheat to kill you?

BUHAHAHHA You still don't matter Kyrite... Your a cheater.

Great philosophy. :thumbdown:
Yeah that's what he as well as 90% of otehrs go by.

i have been on both sides of the fence, and i 100% saee nothing wrong with mods
BUHAHAHH Your FURTHER down the latter now... GO play free shards.

i have been on both sides of the fence, and i 100% saee nothing wrong with mods
Most of the PvP population seems to side with you, that's why it is so unfortunate. :mad:
Can we change this SOMEHOW!? This has been an issue for 6 years now!? Nobody does a damn thing about it. It has driven MOST of the pvp community away... Is EA or whoever runs UO that stupid where they just let people get away with this... THEY ARE LOSING MONEY!? And we are losing good UO friends.

Kaleb

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can we change this SOMEHOW!? This has been an issue for 6 years now!? Nobody does a damn thing about it. It has driven MOST of the pvp community away... Is EA or whoever runs UO that stupid where they just let people get away with this... THEY ARE LOSING MONEY!? And we are losing good UO friends.
Only person that can change it is EA sad to say. About The pvp community going away? that is true I have about 30-40 UO pvpers in my aim, Icq that would make 90% of todays PvPer's look like the newbs they were before these guys quit. Most of them didnt quit out of bordom, but the constant abuse of cheats. Its pretty sad that some of these newbs on pac think that some of these people are PvP gods when in fact their programs do most the work. I have been back to UO Pacific steady for 2-3 weeks now and I refuse to PvP on pacific, I dont want to risk blowing up my 4k cpu just to be able to compete in something I love, its not worth it for a game. Plus since SA launch and the little problem a certain program has during new patches the absent pac PvPers are to numerous if thats not a hint I dont know what is. Im sure some are out trying the new content, but that does not mean they are PvPing when they are done with that. Ya got to be pretty dumb not to notice who tends to be Missing after every patch/publish and who tends to run just a tad bid too fast. But ya know if they want to fight against the same 20 or so pvpers day after day more power to them.
:stretcher:

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm used to fighting people who have speeder,box scripts, and etc etc..
By now , it doesn't affect me and I'm still able to fight with a great chance on my side. This subject is so stale it makes me cough up dust from my lungs. For the people who have client side mods , 3rd party programs and get killed by a legit player. URDOIN ITRONG. :pancakes: :twak: