• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Have you all tried this...

• Thread starter Renee TSO
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
R

Renee TSO

http://www.reztown.com/

Im still in search of a new game and i came a crossed rez town. I was excited at first but then i read that its like a add on for sl. For those of you that play SL, have you tried this? Does it work? Please let me know! I might give sl a second chance if its different then i remember. (i remember getting very board very quickly)

C

Caesar

I remember hearing about that back in July when my buddies and I were in TC3 searching for things to do after sunset, it was back in beta then. I might check it out. Who knows, it could be pretty interesting.

IMO, SL is boring as crap with no morals and no goals. This could bring some spark to an otherwise dull game.

D

debslee

Wow Renee thanks for this...I will definitely check it out tonight and let you know.

Although I am loving my SL experience, to have a little bit of TSO would be awesome.

NikiKing

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A couple of people have told me about this but I havent had time to check it out yet. Anyone wanna make a party of it say on a Saturday?

R

Renee TSO

Im glad i came here with that then! lol You know how i found it? Ok...*sigh* i tried logging into tso for the heck of it(i know i know) and the updater popped up. After a few minuets i got a pop up (this isnt word for word) "its seems the server has been disconnected please go to www.thesimsonline.com for updates and information" It said something else but i cant remember right now.

I took the bate and went. Lots of web pages LIKE that domain but not the sims online. Dont click on those no matter how board you may be! (i.e. thesimsonline.com.br) (wonder what the br stands for...i could see bs not br) Anyway as i went a clicking there was reztown.com I thought what the heck since im the queen of clicking anyway today(thats so bad for my puter*giggles*)

As you seen when you clicked that link, i know for myself, my eyes lit up and got all excited. The green and red bars...woman on the toilet....3 little houses logo. Then i read the instructions and came here.

I wasnt sure if it was just a gimmick to play sl or not. Even dl some bad crap to steal my passwords even though it had the sl name. You know what i mean. Again im glad i posted it : )

G

Georgia Mae

I got so excited when I saw this thread! I am on the free trial right now, the hud was easy to put on and it's so nice to be greening again. I've spent most of my time painting to earn tokens, but haven't really seen anyone else around. I'm on over the weekend, Vaneska Tracy is my SL name so drop a message if you want to paint!

I have to say, with this and Tirnua moving along so well it's starting to fill the gap :)))

R

Renee TSO

I wonder how much it is after the free trial? I cant find that anywhere! I would hate to try it and then find out its 25 bucks a month. I doubt its that high but you get my point.

NikiKing

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think it said the hud is 1500 lindens and the monthly fee is $6.00. Look on the subscribe now link on the website.

P

piPPy22_6

Oh wow..
this looks super cool.. kinda like a SL mixed with TSO.
I am about to try it out so hopefully it meets the expectations :)

Question - just from looking around on the site, I am unable to tell.. are regular people able to buy/create homes? I know in regular SL it's very expensive and costs a lot of RL money, is that so in this new world?

Hope to see some of you all there!

P

Polly

Its basically a mini version of TSO within SL so if you want to own a house you have to own one within SL. People can set their houses or land to be part of it and others can then go there to hang out.

You attach a "hud" to your normal SL avatar that gives you needs just like in TSO which you have to keep green. You can take off the hud at anytime.

Its a cool idea, but you do have to pay once the free 7 day trial runs out, not bad if you have a free account within SL, but starts to mount up if you're already a premium account member - in other words you're paying to play a game within a game!

Polly

K

Katheryne

Just wanted to point out that owning a home in SL - whether in the reztown concept or not - does not necessarily have to cost RL money (although the reztown subscription will). I have been in SL for nearly six months now, own my own home (that I built myself), on land that I effectively own - and have yet to spend one penny on the game itself. To be fair, I wouldn't have done it so soon without the help and support of my in-game family, and good in-game employment has been essential; but it can be done.

P

Polly

Ok I don't begin to get the whole land thing in SL but as I understand it all land has some sort of tier charge to Linden Labs.

In your case Kat, you presumably pay a weekly or monthly "tier" or "rent" for the land you "own"? In turn the person that you pay, then pays a monthly tier to Linden?

So what happens to "your" land if the other person in the chain starts defaulting on their monthly payments to Linden?

Polly

K

Katheryne

Well, I live on a private sim and not on the mainland, so I pay tiers to the sim owner. Now how that all relates back to Linden, I haven't a clue. I still haven't gotten that whole concept down either.

C

corpatortis

Ok I don't begin to get the whole land thing in SL but as I understand it all land has some sort of tier charge to Linden Labs.

In your case Kat, you presumably pay a weekly or monthly "tier" or "rent" for the land you "own"? In turn the person that you pay, then pays a monthly tier to Linden?

So what happens to "your" land if the other person in the chain starts defaulting on their monthly payments to Linden?

Polly
I don't think I've heard of it happening but chances are Linden would reclaim the SIM and you would still pay the same Tier.. except directly to Linden Labs.

K

Katheryne

That would be my guess too. However, that does bring up other questions, such as whether or not someone on a free account would have to upgrade to a premium account to continue ownership.

Hopefully I never have to find out.

NikiKing

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Another thing is my land isnt on the mainland, so would I have to upgrade to premium and buy mainland to own my slice of island? I too hope I never find out!

U

ursula cinquetti

If you don't pay LL for your land, it is not really yours. :( Hopefully your landlords will all remain tier paying SecondLife people, but that really is the bottom line--if you aren't paying tier to LL, you can be booted off your land at any time.

Wow, cheery first post on this account, huh?

:grouphug: Hi, and hugs from eloisa/aka Ursula.

NikiKing

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ugh that really sucks Lafie, heres to hoping our landlords dont stop paying! However always lovely to see you posting...*hugs*

M

MiamiFan

Trish do you play toon town ? im there now as Chef Bear i sure miss Ea Land tho I wish dam ea could sell the game to someone lol

T

TKSpeedy

I just tried to play RezTown and it said it was closed down as of June 13. :( Too bad. It looked really cool.