• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Has this happened to anyone else?

N

NovemberRain

Looking at my credit card statement, I was billed on 05/06, 05/18 & again today, 05/31. I only had one account active, so I'm assuming that this was all for that one account since there's no way to determine which account the billing was for. I already shot a couple emails to Parizad, but I was curious if anyone else has had this happen.

Needless to say I've went in and removed all my billing info and I'll be one of those peeps that will never again play or buy anything associated with EA:mad::thumbdown:

I'm going back to WOW now...lol

November

G

Gilly

Yes, this is happening to other accounts. Apparently the payments are on automatic, and no one at EA, has shut them down. :wall:

Call Customer Service, they have been refunding the money (make sure they keep your account as "Premium"). And yes, it would be best to remove your billing information.

The phone numbers for EA Customer Support are:

Inside the United States and Canada: dial 1-866-543-5435
Outside the United States and Canada: dial 650-628-4306

R

Raisin

and no one at EA, has shut them down. :wall:
/ rolleyes

Hello, someone at EA, please shut down the payments already :)

Gotta cost them a lot more to keep customer service occupied and getting thousands of people angry, than having one little guy go in and shut those down.
But oh yeah, their answer was to close down customer service instead. :D

X

xbadkhmerx2

I called them and they refunded for when i got billed on May 24th, but then I just cancelled my subscription totally.

S

Shari

Just wanted to say that the online support feature works, I submitted my info and asked for a refund for May and June billing and got a response saying I will be refunded both amounts... we will know for sure in 3-5 business days :)

S

Suyeta

Where is the online support or email so I can get ahold of them. They suspended all 3 of my accounts. :( Been with them since )Oct.2002 (beta).

So much for free months.

S

Suyeta

ty, I tried that link but it's not working.:( Anymore ideas?? Really don't want to give up just yet.

G

Gilly

The link works for me, Suyeta....:confused:

But, here are the other numbers, if you would like to try them.

EA Support Phone Numbers and Bug Address

The phone numbers for EA Customer Support are:

Inside the United States and Canada: dial 1-866-543-5435
Outside the United States and Canada: dial 650-628-4306

The bug report email address is:
[email protected]

S

Suyeta

Ty for all the help.......I got it to work :)......Really don't want to tell you how stupid I was. lol

S

Spaghetti Legs

As long as you got it working, that's all that matters. :thumbup1:

M

maxxmisery

Better yet, how about having a check bounce due to being 4 dollars short in the account to cover it and then getting your statement to see that EA idiots are still charging for their dead game? Yes I will get the 9.99 back, but what about the 30 dollar check fee that I have now? Thanks EA, your the best!

D

Dali Dalinza

If EA is trying to win the Worst Customer Service award -- they are a shoo-in.

I removed my billing information after being billed for April and May. I tried to call their customer service, but I don't have time to be on the phone holding for long stretches, so I gave up. Anyway, today I received emails from EA letting me know that my The Sims Online subscriptions are about to run out, but if I will provide them with billing information they can save me from losing out on a single day of game.

Nice to know EA is watching over my accounts so carefully.

What a joke they are.

P

Polly

I've been charged in June. I've followed Shari's advice and sent an online question as I really don't want to have to ring customer services from the UK.

I'm going to remove my billing information, but I really hope that they can apply the full player status for me so that I can still play over the last few months, without needing to make a phonecall.

Polly

D

dianj

Better yet, how about having a check bounce due to being 4 dollars short in the account to cover it and then getting your statement to see that EA idiots are still charging for their dead game? Yes I will get the 9.99 back, but what about the 30 dollar check fee that I have now? Thanks EA, your the best!
Max have the bank return the overdraft fee by explaining to them what happened. This happened to me also and I not only got back the 2 charges from EA but my overdraft fee as well. I never bothered caling EA for refunds I just disputed the charges with the bank and credit card.

I immediately removed my billing info the day I found out EA was still charging me and sadly I have not been able to play TSO since ( this was the begining of MAY). I have no patience left to deal with what they call customer service.

J

Joel Robert

If you send an IM to Parazid with your account name and the date you were charged she will have EA refund it.

I didn't remove my billing info as I knew it'd block my ability to play.
So EA said they'd stop billing us & let us play free...why should we start believing anything they say??? rolleyes:

I'd rather play, even if that means that I have to pay for the last couple of months. I'm just stubborn that way.

D

Dali Dalinza

EA Wins Customer Service Award
The gaming giant shows level of incompetence that bests all runners-up

I was notified that my accounts have been cancelled since I did not pay up. No tears here, just laughing up my sleeve at their corporate stupidity. How many EAL players have called to explain the situation and get refunds? (Answer: ALOT) Yet, they still have not bothered to take care of business for the rest of the EAL subscribers.

I wonder if this hallmark of operational ineptitude will get mentioned in the next Quarterly Report to stockholders? :coco:

Q

Qute Pi

I was notified that my accounts have been canceled since I did not pay up. No tears here, just laughing up my sleeve at their corporate stupidity. How many EAL players have called to explain the situation and get refunds? (Answer: ALOT) Yet, they still have not bothered to take care of business for the rest of the EAL subscribers.

I wonder if this hallmark of operational ineptitude will get mentioned in the next Quarterly Report to stockholders? :coco:
I haven't called once. I just follow Parizads instructions on the blog, and my account has been fine, I've received any refunds due, and I've had 0 aggravation.
How other people handle it is up to them.
Because I've been paying for my account for 5+ years, having to deal with a few mis-bills during a time I would have paid anyway isn't going to get me all worked up.

That doesn't mean I don't think EA's customer service is terrible and completely dumb to what is happening...lol. You'd think they'd be trained by now to know how to help EAL/TSO customers in the end, but I guess as we always have been, we mean nothing to EA.

Jackiee

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
O, I got billed and didn't notice. Then I got billed again. So I sent in the proper information to the proper parties and had a refund for both billings in 3-5 business days. Plus it was put so that I could still play the game without being billed again.

No complaints on my service here. :thumbup1:

D

Donavan

I was notified that my accounts have been cancelled since I did not pay up. No tears here, just laughing up my sleeve at their corporate stupidity. How many EAL players have called to explain the situation and get refunds? (Answer: ALOT) Yet, they still have not bothered to take care of business for the rest of the EAL subscribers.

I doubt EA has any clue of a clue as to how to operate Customer Service.
When they charged me the first time, I called and got assurances that I would be refunded for all but one of my accounts for April, and all of May.
No refund.
When they charged me the second month, Pari sent them a note on my behalf (thanks, sweetie :) ), but I also deleted my account info.
Still no refund.
After nearly 2 months of wrangling, they re-neged on their initial promise to refund some (any) of April's charges, but at least I finally got a credit to my credit card.
It's almost as if they planned it this way.

P

Polly

I'm having loads of fun with EA support.

I tried the online route as suggested and got a response asking me for various details which I duly completed and sent back. They asked for my screen name ! Did they really mean all 8 sims on each account??

I didn't hear anything back, but I did get an email telling me my subscription is about to expire and I would need to provide my payment details if I wanted to continue to play.

Then yesterday I received a feedback survey asking about my experiences with EA customer service, so I gave them some feedback - probably not the kind they were expecting and politely pointed out that my issue was still outstanding.

Coincidentally (hmm maybe not?) I suddenly received an update to my open online query saying that they are able to give me a refund, but first I must log into pogo.com and update my payment info.

I've written back asking if they really do mean www.pogo.com as I have never registered there or played pogo.

*sigh*

Polly

C

coz1969

well, once again, EA has proven to be incompetent, at best, with regards to billing and EA land. I was charged, AGAIN for all three accounts in June, and have a pending charge for one account at the beginning of July. Bear in mind, this is AFTER I contacted support and had all my charges from May refunded (yes, the charges were actually refunded)

I really am curious though, if I continue to leave my billing info, will I get charged again in August?? :eek:

will be interesting... guess that would be one way for EA to make money... continue to charge for a non-existent game. doh!

S

Shari

yeah I got billed again too, went online and was told I'll get a refund. I added in my request that I don't get billed anymore... but we'll see. I'm definately removing my billing info after game ends, but I don't want to risk the problems other people had until then since its the last month.