• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Has anyone gotten new Pumpkins/JoL?

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've used about 40 kits so far and have not gotten any new designs. I've only gotten the old round pumpkins, the elongated ones and the green ones from the farms.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I can't play right now but it seems the pumpkins are found by having begging and trick or treating. They are pre carved.

There's a thread with pics of them.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know about those, but the write up also mentions new ones from farms/butchers.

Halloween Jack o’ Lanterns
The Butchers are once again terrorizing cemeteries! New styles of carvable pumpkins and jack o’ lanterns are available!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sounds like their should be new carvables. Someone should have found one by now.

@Larisa find some please.

Sinder Shayde

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I've used about 40 kits so far and have not gotten any new designs. I've only gotten the old round pumpkins, the elongated ones and the green ones from the farms.

I myself have also gone through quite a few carving kits and no new faces. o_O
Also, I have only found the 3 same old carvable pumpkin styles from previous years (as you mentioned.)

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
the large green ones have the same designs of the large orange ones
previously you could only carve two designs in them

so far haven't discovered any new pumpkin shapes

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the large green ones have the same designs of the large orange ones
previously you could only carve two designs in them

so far haven't discovered any new pumpkin shapes
I'm sure someone is going to tell me these are not new, because I am apparently so out of touch anymore when it comes to UO that I shouldn't be allowed to post here. However, here goes anyway with a pic of the uncarved orange "pumpkin" I picked up a day or two ago on Balhae and what it looked like after using a carving kit on it.

Is this a new pumpkin shape? The carving itself seems familiar, but the shorter shape of the pumpkin does not. When I looted it, it was just labeled "Pumpkin." I wasn't even sure it could be carved because of that label. The "Carved By" line didn't show up until after I put the pumpkin in a container and checked on it today. Everything else I've picked up have been labeled as "Carvable Pumpkin" when looted and then labeled as "Carved Pumpkin" after being carved.

pumpkin uncarved.JPG pumpkin carved.JPG

Another one, still in the Grimm corpse:
squat pumpkin in a grimm corpse.JPG

And one just added to my character's pack:
freshly looted stout pumpkin.JPG

Last edited:

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
No the small orange ones were the first shape to come out..then the tall skinny ones and then the watermelons.

This is what I have gotten this year so far..haven't done the patches much yet...been busy in Khaldun....

Punkins.jpg

BUT they did allow ALL the pumpkins to be carved with ALL of the designs..from what I've seen so far which is new...still don't like the watermelons much.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No the small orange ones were the first shape to come out..then the tall skinny ones and then the watermelons.

This is what I have gotten this year so far..haven't done the patches much yet...been busy in Khaldun....

View attachment 87847

BUT they did allow ALL the pumpkins to be carved with ALL of the designs..from what I've seen so far which is new...still don't like the watermelons much.
Tall skinny were first. Then the round. Are you sure you can get the cat and owl on other pumpkins?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Tall skinny were first. Then the round. Are you sure you can get the cat and owl on other pumpkins?
Well the skull and the witch were the only 2 for the watermelons last year and this year I've gotten 3 of the older designs on the watermelons...like I said I haven't done the patches much yet so I haven't gotten too many pumpkins but when I do, if someone doesn't beat me to it ;) I will post what I find.

Doing butchers now so I'll have plenty of kits because I get a lot of duplicate carvings.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Pumpkins should be round and orange, not green or tall and thin, yeah I am old-fashioned...:D
They ought to be more round... however I have seen "white" pumpkins... and some weird striped sort of pumpkins from time to time...

Personally, I'd be happy if they gave us BLACK pumpkins to carve. I could also go for some whitish ones... But like you I'm not a fan of the tall thin ones... I think they just look terrible.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
i wish they would make it so we can turn the green ones on their side... so we could make a garden & have it look like a giant watermelon

Sinder Shayde

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
The 3 pumpkins I have seen so far this year in the Grimms, are the old ones from previous years.
Also, the faces I am carving are also from previous years, so as far as I have seen, there is no "new" out for this year :{ :eyes:
The Butchers are once again terrorizing cemeteries! New styles of carvable pumpkins and jack o’ lanterns are available!

Pumpkins.jpg
Halloween 2017 - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Maybe they just meant that you can now carve ALL the designs on ALL 3 of the pumpkin styles....before you could only get the witch and the skull face on the watermelons, now you can get them all so maybe there isn't any NEW carvings..just all the carvings on all pumpkins/watermelon...gosh I hope not, we need new stuff to collect!! LOL

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Maybe they just meant that you can now carve ALL the designs on ALL 3 of the pumpkin styles....before you could only get the witch and the skull face on the watermelons, now you can get them all so maybe there isn't any NEW carvings..just all the carvings on all pumpkins/watermelon...gosh I hope not, we need new stuff to collect!! LOL
Is there proof that the round ones can get a new carving?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Is there proof that the round ones can get a new carving?
No I'm just guessing same as everyone else..I'm finding more skinnies and watermelons then actual pumpkins and the ones I HAVE managed to find have all been the darn cat carving :/

Who knows...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I need to see proof that the round ones have new carvings. Made 10.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There are NO new carvings for the round pumpkins and only the old designs on the green ones. Just like there are only two crystal skulls this year, not three.

The publish notes weren't worded very accurately. o.0

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The 3 pumpkins I have seen so far this year in the Grimms, are the old ones from previous years.
Also, the faces I am carving are also from previous years, so as far as I have seen, there is no "new" out for this year :{ :eyes:

View attachment 87858
Halloween 2017 - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia
The Small rounds you have marked as 2018 are 2017. I have a cat & owl from last year. I have seen new design at friends castle. I have to run over there and get a pic.. It looks like kinda of a phantom of the opera style. your dates are off by 1 year.. 2015, 2016, 2017 :D

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The Small rounds you have marked as 2018 are 2017. I have a cat & owl from last year. I have seen new design at friends castle. I have to run over there and get a pic.. It looks like kinda of a phantom of the opera style. your dates are off by 1 year.. 2015, 2016, 2017 :D
Those are from Trick or Treating (there are three), not carving.

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dot read the link, it is for carving. I read both the whole thread and the link on uoguide.

Sinder Shayde

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
The Phantom of the opera style one you are referring too, is also old (see attached picture)
You are correct, the round styles were from last year 2017 Not this year 2018. :p

Pumpkins.jpg

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
upload_2018-10-11_14-51-52.png Friend said he got that Phantom from Carving not TnTing. Said too a lot of kits. Which is odd.

The one you have circled i call Beast.. each person perception is different. :D

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Hate to burst your bubble but indeed those are from trick or treating ...... Not carving... As far as I'm aware there is NOTHING new with the carving of pumpkins or the skeletons in the graveyards... all just a rehash of last year...

New are the two skulls NOT THREE as the DEVs stated in their post... two new skulls the gold dinosaur skull and the purple saber-tooth cat skull... and the THREE pumpkins.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Hate to burst your bubble but indeed those are from trick or treating ...... Not carving... As far as I'm aware there is NOTHING new with the carving of pumpkins or the skeletons in the graveyards... all just a rehash of last year...

New are the two skulls NOT THREE as the DEVs stated in their post... two new skulls the gold dinosaur skull and the purple saber-tooth cat skull... and the THREE pumpkins.
well, being able to carve the old faces on the watermelons IS new.
so they didnt lie, there are new carvables.
just that the new carvables are old graphics.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
here's a question.
if we can now carve the original pics on the watermelons can we also carve the 2 distinct pic's from the watermelons on the normal tall pumpkins?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Doubtful as far as I can tell there is no art in the files for the 2 on the old tall orange pumpkins. This from using Pinco's UI... I don't see it.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How frequent are the drops for carving kits from the butchers?

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I still think the 3 small JoL you get from ToT were meant to be the new carvable ones.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There are 3 pumpkins from Treat or Treating. And a giant dragon pumpkin.

Pics are around here.

All the carveable ones are in the pic above.

Igg A Pie

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah I meant the cars cable ones. All the ones in my photo were carved by "Igg A Pie" which is what I meant by did I get them all

I wasn't sure if there is a orange which and face pumpkin. If there isn't, I can quit working on carbing

Gem

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The Dragon is called dragon jack lantern. It is in deed form
The three are just called Jack O'Lantern

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
New begger rewards should have been the 2 new skulls and the Giant Dragon Pumpkin. J/S