• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Inscription] has anyone ever figured out the 100+ skill = better books?

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it says in the facts that the higher your magery is up to gm you get better books.
but has it ever been said that you get better books past gm the higher you go?

my scribe mage has 115 skill.

C

Capt.E

I am citing from memory, but I am pretty sure it's higher magery = better books. At 120 magery, supposedly you make the best books. I did not make any slayer books until I started using a 23 exceptional 25 bonus tali.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I have heard the same thing... that the higher your magery the better your chance of multi-mod and slayer books. But in my experience, I noticed zero difference between my scribe with 115 magery and later when he finally had 120 magery. In fact, I seemed to get more super slayers when I had 115 magery than when I had 120. Of course, that may have just been my back luck at the time.

I eventually gave up trying to make super slayers and just did something else to make gold and then bought them. Not sure that is what you wanted to hear, but that was my experience. I still have never made a repond book... and that was the one I wanted.

-OBSIDIAN-

J

JohnAlexander

I have read that the Magery bonus to Inscription only applies to real Magery skill not enhanced skill from Items... I do not know for sure if that is true but it is definitely something to consider. Anyone on here able to confirm this? My Scribe runs with 110 Magery but (+10 is from Items) when I made spell books I got a few 2 mods with decent stats and a few low-end slayers, nothing to shout for joy over. I just assume that only GM Magery is aiding my attempts though.

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
see this is what im trying to get at :)
my scribe mage has 115 real skill, but his temp will require me to drop it to gm, then when i want to make book i can raise it back up to 115 easy.. but not if its not going to work :(

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
see this is what im trying to get at :)
my scribe mage has 115 real skill, but his temp will require me to drop it to gm, then when i want to make book i can raise it back up to 115 easy.. but not if its not going to work :(
Drop your magery to 100?

Why not soulstone the 100 scribe on and off when you want to craft? (Due to SW/Mysticism I feel like Scribe is foremost a crafting skill now)

J

JohnAlexander

The spell damage increase bonus to Magery from Inscription is pretty noticeable, I find it worth while to keep it on my Artificer/Mage for that reason but then again my Artificer Mage is mostly a Mage to grind Loyalty for the Queen and is predominately a crafter.

J

JohnAlexander

It might be worth it for you to share your current template and the template you want to build for us so we can get a better idea what you are getting at.

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
my mage was your basic mage temp
115 magery, 115 med, 115 eval, 115 spellweaving, 115 resist spells, 100 scribe, some left in focus.

then i added taming, so i stoned scribe and droped resist spells and some eval.
his temp i want now is

85 taming (120 with jewelery & totem), 110 lore (120 with jewelery & totem), 90 vet, 110 magery, 100 med, 100 eval and 120 spellweaving.

i am just wondering if REAL skill is important? nobody seems to know.
i can use items to get back to 115 when i want to make books, or even 120 someday when i get a 120 scroll.. but am i going to lose out on making high end spellbooks.

C

Capt.E

I would think rings, books, etc would be ok. It's really the tali you have that is most important. You want both high exceptional and bonus on it.

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tested this out with my boyfriend. I have 120 magery real skill on my scribe whereas he has 100 real skill but is 120 magery with jewelry. We each made 1000 spellbooks. I did not make any more slayers or higher mod books than he did. Maybe 1000 is not a enough and the RNG can be darn streaky. If there is a bonus for real skill, it must not be very high based on our test.

S

Salya Sin

I tested this out with my boyfriend. I have 120 magery real skill on my scribe whereas he has 100 real skill but is 120 magery with jewelry. We each made 1000 spellbooks. I did not make any more slayers or higher mod books than he did. Maybe 1000 is not a enough and the RNG can be darn streaky. If there is a bonus for real skill, it must not be very high based on our test.
I was going to suggest trying the various skill points out on TC... but it looks like you managed to test it in game. I'm 110 magery, 115 with mods... and at GM scribe... I had no problem making super slayers but they seemed to come 1 every 200-250 books made. And as for other mods... those were more like 1 in 3. It wasn't until I hit GM scribe that I managed to make a super slayer with an additional mod on it. I also have a nice tali... and that DOES make a BIG difference.

Has anyone made a super slayer with more than one other mod? How high was your magery in real skill?

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will try to make note of the super slayers with more than one mod. I go in spurts where sometimes I want to craft a whole bunch of spell books, but lately I have been preoccupied with the Stygian Abyss stuff and the holiday events. :)