• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Has anyone ever done a guide to Governorship?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm new to the job (my mage Mylene is governor of LA's Britain), and was curious about a few things...

Is the "office" cottage useful for anything? (other than announcing that I am sitting in the chair)
What are the items in the stone for?

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
The office is just a place. The only special thing it does is the seat only allows the governor to sit there. Otherwise it's no more or less useful than any other building in your city.

The city stone acts as a mailbox of sorts for the governor. People drop items on the character standing at the stone and the are stored "in" the stone. Only the governor can open it.

Jaden Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
So how does one get Governor banner On startics? Once you have become Governor?

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
There should be a sticky in UHall where you can request it be added to your account. You can also discuss with Riyana.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Governors:
- You can set trade deals
- You can grant Titles to citizens of your town.
- You can write a message on your towns bulletin board.

Those are the basic powers of the Governor, beside the option of participating in the council meeting.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm new to the job (my mage Mylene is governor of LA's Britain), and was curious about a few things...

Is the "office" cottage useful for anything? (other than announcing that I am sitting in the chair)
What are the items in the stone for?
Try this, Frarc wrote it at my behest when it was my role to do such things The Governor - Old Stratics

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Is nothing more than an RP tool, you have no power whatsoever in anything.....
Best you can get out of being Gov, is making your own events and working alongside your shard EM to create events and say stuff at them
Depending, how open your EM is, he can let you have good amounts of RP and make crazy stories..... I am about to Kidnap another Gov but dont tell anybody.... LOL

Alira Drakrul

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I regularly use the office for RP related meetings. For non-rpers, its just a cool chair that only you can use.