• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Has anyone else ever done anything similar to this?

I just took the notion and wrote this about Damien, my main character...has anyone else ever done anything similar to this? Enjoy.

<font color=blue>
- Damien Wyrmsbane grew up as a boy in Moonglow. His father was a member of the High Council of Mages, and taught Damien what he knew of magery. Damien was intrigued and began to want to learn more of the arcane arts, and his parents obliged. He was sent to a small academy in the Yew Forest, and there boarded from the time of his 8th birthday until his 23rd, when his studies were over. He packed his belonings and began the journey home to Moonglow to see his family once again.
- As Damien stepped through the blue, glowing moongate in the woods near Moonglow City, all he could see were flames and dragons in the skies. He rushed home to the tower his parents and siblings lived in, carefully avoiding the high-flying dragons' eyes, but found only rubble. He rummaged through the ruins of his childhood home and found his father's spellbook, unharmed by the fire due to a spell of protection cast upon it.
- There was a rustle of leaves behind him and Words of Power were on Damien's tongue, ready to burn to cinders anyone who approached. From the forest behind the ruins of the tower came Damien's siblings. Enoch, Dominic, and Aeric slowly came from the trees and Damien asked where his mother and father were. The trio told him, they were dead in the rubble, and they had only time to save themselves before the tower collapsed. Damien became enraged and began spouting Words of Power he didnt even knew he understood at the trio. In the chaos that ensued, the three brothers were knocked unconsious and Damien ran through the moongate and ended up in Skara Brae.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
My main character Maharia was created many many years ago when I was a part of IFGS up in Milwaukee...International Fantasy Gaming Society..live-action role play...Maharia...her full name is Maharia Vashti....and this is her story:

Children could be heard laughing and playing in the courtyard...the town was alive with the laughter and shouts of the citizens, music and merriment abounded. A small child of 9 came from the baker, bread wrapped tightly in it's sack..her long, flowing sienna hair swirled about her face as the wind gently played with the tendrils.
This child looked different from the others...but only slightly, one could not tell unless they looked very closely at her..not so petite form and features. Though small in stature, she was larger then the others, and her ears not as pointed.
Walking slowly past several other children, she glanced briefly at them, smiled shyly and continued on her way. Maharia was not prone to play with the other children, she would rather help her mother at home. Her father had to go away on a long journey...or so she was told...and left her mother to tend for the household and chores.
At age 14, the truth revealed itself..when Maharia was noticeably shorter then the other children her age and her facial features not so delicate. A school-yard bully had been teasing her mercilessly until one day Maharia ran home in tears.
Running into her mothers arms, she sobbed.."Momma...why do they make fun of me? Why am I so different?"
Her mother gently knelt down before her, took her by the shoulders and smiled softly. "Maharia, my sweet sweet daughter..you know I love you..and it is time I told you the truth."
Maharia tilted her head, "The truth? About what Momma?"
Her mother sighed deeply. "Your father did not leave on a journey..he was a lone traveler lost in the woods. I came across him one day while harvesting our crops. He..." Maharias' mother shook her head slowly" he was a human."
Maharia gasped "Human? But...I...*swallows deeply* That means that..I'm half human? No wonder the others make fun of me...mother how could you keep this from me?"
Her mother held her tightly "I am sorry my beloved daughter. I had hoped that it would not be noticeable..that I could hide it from the others..but it seems your fathers genes ran strong in your blood. I am so sorry...I did not mean for this to happen."
Later that night, a town council was held and it was declared that Maharia, not being of pure elven blood, was to be exiled from her village when she reached the age of 16. Forlorn and confused, Maharia spent the next 2 years in solitude, never leaving her home.
On the day of her 16th birthday, a day that should have been filled with laughter and joy, she sadly packed up her meager belongings, bade her mother a tearful farewell and walked out of her home forever.
Several years pass..Maharia spent most of her days wandering the lands through forests, deserts and streams. Her only friends the animals she met along the way.
When she was 19, she wandered into a beautiful glade..a sparkling waterfall caught her eye, and a shimmering pool of the clearest water she had ever seen. Glancing around, she silently walked towards it, having traveled for so long..she felt a refreshing dip in the crystal water would do her spirits well.
She sat gingerly at the waters edge..glancing at her tattered appearance in the water, and sighed..thinking of her mother. it was then that she felt a tingling on the back of her neck. Looking around, she drew in a breath..and sat stock still...for laying not 6 feet from her, nestled in the trees...was a large, white dragon. She tilted her head...feeling no fear. His eyes seemed to stare into her soul. She stood slowly and walked towards it...keeping her gaze locked onto his.
The beast made no move as she neared. Stopping a mere foot away, she tilted her head again, her signature move when deep in thought, saying nothing. The beast gave a small snort..tendrils of smoke eminated from his nostrils. She reached out her hand and he put his massive snout into it...briefly...before pulling back.
Fearlessly she walked up to him, gently nuzzled his side and sat quietly on the grass beside him. Yawning...she softly leaned against his unusually soft scales...and fell asleep.

This is how she met Frost...a half-elven/half dragon male...Frost Whitewood was his full name and him and Maharia became fast friends...the rest is history :)