• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Harvester’s Axe & Other Rewards

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Harvester’s Axe
  • When equipped magically transforms logs into boards as they are harvested, placing boards in the character’s backpack
  • Can be recharged with a runed switch

How many charges does this have to start with?

This is the first time that I have done this event. So far I have bought the miners satchel & I am disappointed. There is no option to have the mined resources go directly into the satchel. When mining, I take my fire beetle. Having to manually move the ore into the satchel really limits its usefulness for mining ore. If I have to stop to move the ore into the satchel, I might as well simply smelt it. I was hoping to be able to mine twice as much ore before smelting. It is useful for mining more stone & carrying more ingots. Wish it was blessed.

I will probably buy the Lumberjack’s Satchel. That will be useful even if I have to manually move the logs.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well as of now, don't get too excited about the axe. I used my first one up and tried to rechargit with a runed switch and it got 25 uses back for each runed switch and that sure is nonsense considering how difficult and time consuming a runed switch is to make.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Well as of now, don't get too excited about the axe. I used my first one up and tried to rechargit with a runed switch and it got 25 uses back for each runed switch and that sure is nonsense considering how difficult and time consuming a runed switch is to make.
arnt the ruined switch's just the things you get from LJ off tree's?

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Harvester’s Axe
  • When equipped magically transforms logs into boards as they are harvested, placing boards in the character’s backpack
  • Can be recharged with a runed switch

How many charges does this have to start with?

This is the first time that I have done this event. So far I have bought the miners satchel & I am disappointed. There is no option to have the mined resources go directly into the satchel. When mining, I take my fire beetle. Having to manually move the ore into the satchel really limits its usefulness for mining ore. If I have to stop to move the ore into the satchel, I might as well simply smelt it. I was hoping to be able to mine twice as much ore before smelting. It is useful for mining more stone & carrying more ingots. Wish it was blessed.

I will probably buy the Lumberjack’s Satchel. That will be useful even if I have to manually move the logs.
axe starts with 1000 charges

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
After looking at the requirements to make that switch I am convinced the person who thought up this item doesn't play the game. 5 steps and a handfull of near gm skills needed, classic UO.

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
25 charges per switch? That would take 40 switches at 14,000 gp on my server or over 500,000 k to recharge. What a load of crap, lol. Why the heck does an item like this even have charges? The various items like Harvesters Blades, Butchers War Cleavers, etc do not. And those could be gotten for free.

Everyone of these rewards are poorly thought out in very obvious ways, sadly.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
25 charges per switch? That would take 40 switches at 14,000 gp on my server or over 500,000 k to recharge. What a load of crap, lol. Why the heck does an item like this even have charges? The various items like Harvesters Blades, Butchers War Cleavers, etc do not. And those could be gotten for free.

Everyone of these rewards are poorly thought out in very obvious ways, sadly.
Exactly... They just like to make us think they are giving us something neat when really it's just another massive grind to maintain it.... just like everything that this team has done in the last 4 years... grind grind grind... boredom...

Isn't harvesting boring enough???

Sir Osis of Liver

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
runed switches aren't difficult to make if u have the skills... I usually make 50 at a time. The big problem and really only problem with making them is the wide variety of skills required.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
runed switches aren't difficult to make if u have the skills... I usually make 50 at a time. The big problem and really only problem with making them is the wide variety of skills required.
They are a real pain to make having to switch to several different crafting tools supplies and menus... And the fact they only give a tiny fraction of the charges back is total BS.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They are a real pain to make having to switch to several different crafting tools supplies and menus... And the fact they only give a tiny fraction of the charges back is total BS.
Just like the single use soulstone or the bookcase.

Lets make something craftable. Great! Ok, now lets make the ingredients near impossible to farm/get so you are lucky to make 1 a year.

And I think you are all correct - if the devs play this game - they don't play it very much. Most of the content rolled out screams lack of understanding.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Just like the single use soulstone or the bookcase.

Lets make something craftable. Great! Ok, now lets make the ingredients near impossible to farm/get so you are lucky to make 1 a year.

And I think you are all correct - if the devs play this game - they don't play it very much. Most of the content rolled out screams lack of understanding.
Oh I understand that they don't want to just give us everything and make it super easy... but on the other hand if everything is such a dull and boring grind and seriously NOT FUN.... then chances are we'll eventually get fed up and move on to something less grindy and boring. As it stands there is little to no reward for effort or "difficulty"... And as for the "Risk vs Reward" system we all know that people don't do it.... the same 20 people are the only ones you will find in Fel 99% of the time... the other 1% go there on a blue moon in June when the rain is red... or they are crafters there to gather stuff and bods...

Fact of the matter is things are getting more and more boring, irritational and just downright overly complex far more so than need be... and the making of a runed switch is just the tip of that iceberg.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Considering I can use a standard axe on logs and get boards. Granted it's an extra step, but I don't need runed switches and I only need to watch the durability of my axe.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Lmfao. I knew that Axe was a piece of **** joke the moment they announced it. It turns logs into boards! Yeah, so does a regular axe, just make a macro to use an axe on logs and tada, boards.
It might be worth the Runed Switches, if it acted like a Gargoyle's Pickaxe, but for wood. Boosting the level of wood obtained by 1 (Heartwood to Bloodwood) and having a chance of summoning a pissed off Woodfellow that matches the wood harvested, with 100 Logs on it.