• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[BUG] Hard time moving objects in legacy containers

Miriandel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi guys, it seems since last patch I can't reliably move objects around in my containers.
Either they plain don't select, or won't move even if selected.

I got the same issue on the wife's computer.

IanJames

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
as though the end of the pointer doesn't match up with where the item is right?

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mostly yes, but there are times that no matter what, I can get the object highlighted and it wont move, wont pick up wont do nothing.

Close the container, open it and walla all is well with the world once again.

This has only happened to me in Legacy Containers.

P

pgcd

It's been happening to me a lot when lumberjacking with a beetle, but it looks like you don't have to actually close the animal's backpack, and just moving it a bit resets things so you can grab what you need - if you need to move other stuff, rinse and repeat.

F

Fink

I've had this bug since the legacy container highlighting went in.

To use/pick up/drop into any object you're having difficulty with, you have to mouse-over the item *without* highlighting it. It's backwards but it usually works.

The highlight seems to flicker on and off with these objects. This seems to happen most often when items are overlapping.

Arcus

Grand Poobah
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Should have lloked around before starting my own thread. Im having the same problems. Seems to happen on all backpacks (mine ,vendors, etc) exactly as you described.

Miriandel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While talking about this (which will most likely be fixed since it's gamebreaking), I really miss the drag and drop precision from the 2D client.

With the SA client, items will never drop where I want them to and I have to try several times before they position where i want.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While talking about this (which will most likely be fixed since it's gamebreaking), I really miss the drag and drop precision from the 2D client.

With the SA client, items will never drop where I want them to and I have to try several times before they position where i want.
*Shrug* I suspect the problem, when fixed, will also fix the odd positioning.

Arcus

Grand Poobah
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was only on for a few minutes after the patch last night and it seems this problem was solved, at least it didnt seems as bad.

Anyone else see any improvement?

F

Fink

I think with the positioning of items they've done an admirable job of maintaining the "offset" the items have in Legacy.

Take a full potion keg as an example; it is offset to the left of the cursor. You can place it in the left side of a pack and it positions itself beyond where you can place say a runebook or something. They have made this consistent between the two clients.

That said, the actual positioning of items dropped into containers is very iffy.

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've had this bug since the legacy container highlighting went in.

To use/pick up/drop into any object you're having difficulty with, you have to mouse-over the item *without* highlighting it. It's backwards but it usually works.

The highlight seems to flicker on and off with these objects. This seems to happen most often when items are overlapping.
Ahhh! So it's not only me. Yeah, I had to move the cursor a bit until it's on a spot that doesn't turn the item yellow and show the propeties. Only happens in legacy container mode.

In grid mode, no such issues since entire grid highlights.

I think with the positioning of items they've done an admirable job of maintaining the "offset" the items have in Legacy.

Take a full potion keg as an example; it is offset to the left of the cursor. You can place it in the left side of a pack and it positions itself beyond where you can place say a runebook or something. They have made this consistent between the two clients.

That said, the actual positioning of items dropped into containers is very iffy.
Yes, they fixed the offset a bit, but it's still off. The upper boundary and lower boundary where items can go is offset around 10 pixels too low as well. This makes things you try to place near the top appear in the centre. And things you try to put at the bottom go over the "rim" of the container opening.