• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Harassment?

Hunter Moon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why do I "a griefer" kill the dreadhorse you ask? Surely there is no reason for doing it and I'm just being petty and immature.

However, this is not the correct answer (however I cannot speak for others , only myself). I do it to protest. Protest how much attention Tamers get while so many other templates get left to wayside. If other templates had been rewarded like tamers I would have left them in peace.

Think back: Dreadhorse, Super Dragon, Bake, rune beetle, kirin, unicorns

No I wont stop, every time I get a chance to put down one of those miserable tamer trophies, I will do it, and do it with pride and reason.

Hey Devs: STOP CATERING TO THE TAMERS!!! They are ruining this game!

And don't tell me: "then make a tamer" I would never be so gimp.

That is all...carry on.
I'm sorry, but if your going back to kriins and unicorns, then how about bushido and chiv and all of the new weapons they put in for fighters over that course of time. They made two new skills for fighters, which I am sure took a heck of a lot of work, while tamers just got a new pet thrown in. While I do like them, I can't see how putting in a new pet that (especially those that used old graphics and only changing the stats i.e. dread warhorse and super dragons) could possibly have taken anywhere near the same amount of work. Other than a new pet here and there, tamers have not received any real content work such as new skills. I guess you could equate the new pets to the new weapons, but then tamer are far behind warriors in that light.

Hunter Moon [HOT] Atlantic

B

Ben Dover

I have a 120 peace, prov, disco, music bard and I in NO way can get a 6 second reuse skill timer on my surround peace. I have a friend who has 120 peace, music and disco and he also can't perform this feat. I would like to know how you are able to repeace after only 6 seconds because that is NOT the timer I am getting. Now granted, I haven't dusted her off and used her in the last two months, but I have seen no posts or patch notes about them adjusting the barding skills so unless they did it without some notice, I am not seeing how you are able to spam surround peace. I knew a lot of guilds that were using necro peacers to do champ spawns also who have given it up because of the timer lag. It seems your getting results no one I know, have heard of or seen post before is.... Guess i will have to dust her off and give it a try, I would be so very happy if it were true since I spent years working this chars disco and prov up.

I suggest you make a macro in uoassist like I stated earlier. You absolutely CAN area peacemake every 6 seconds..... dont believe it? check out the pic below. The spam you see running up my screen is just from me holding down my peacemake key. I assure you that area peace DOES go off every 6 seconds JUST like I said!

K

Kiminality

I'm sorry, but if your going back to kriins and unicorns, then how about bushido and chiv and all of the new weapons they put in for fighters over that course of time. They made two new skills for fighters, which I am sure took a heck of a lot of work, while tamers just got a new pet thrown in. While I do like them, I can't see how putting in a new pet that (especially those that used old graphics and only changing the stats i.e. dread warhorse and super dragons) could possibly have taken anywhere near the same amount of work. Other than a new pet here and there, tamers have not received any real content work such as new skills. I guess you could equate the new pets to the new weapons, but then tamer are far behind warriors in that light.
In fact, you could argue (and RedDaTeef is doing just that, in another thread) that the creatures are put in to be killed, for loot.
So, surely by that logic, the new tamables are actually a secondary purpose for an addition made for hunting characters.

Drowy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sounds like you trammies need to learn a little more about the game mechanics and stop the whining. You are absolutely incorrect about the peace timer. First of all it is not an 11 second timer. It is a six second timer when area peacemaking. Basically just as soon as the instrument stops playing you can area peacemake again. Secondly, if he has 120 music and 120 peacemaking he can make the monsters in a huge area around him stop attacking for the entire six seconds until he can peacemake again. Thirdly he does not need to be using any sort of exploit or illegal third party program to do any of this. All he needs is a simple uo macro Use skill peacemake, wait for target, target self. Put it on a key and just hold the key down. I would assume though that if he never runs out of instruments or dies he probably uses a uo assist macro, that first clicks on an instrument (playing music but not peacemaking) then sets that use item in assist to use item type. That way, he can hold down his area peace key and even if his instrument breaks he will never stop peacemaking.

For the original poster in this thread:
What it sounds like to me is that you whiners really pissed this guy off. I would bet that he is a member of a griefing or pvp guild and that either your guild is rivals with them or they are just trying to prove a point that they own the entire shard, not just feluccia. By your prior statements you said that he said that he had tamed over 50 and given them away...... well what happened what made this guy snap? I would bet a lot of good money against nothing that someone, perhaps even yourself interfered with one of his tames. You also said that he bolaed them and tamed them. Did you try to steal his tame after he worked for it? Did you try to take over taming a horse that he used his bola on and that he originally started taming?

If that is the case, I dont blame the guy one single bit. I would have and have done exactly the same thing. If you want some respect, I suggest that you first SHOW some respect. Sure, you say that no ones name is written on these horses, that anyone can tame them..... Well honey, just don't forget your words because guess what anyone can KILL them too. Just because you start taming a creature does NOT mean that someone can not kill it. And while it may be impolite and may be mean it is NOT harrassment according to the TOS.

It sounds to me like this guy has done nothing wrong except that he pissed in you pretty little tamer bowl of cornflakes. Get over it. It's a game for crying out loud. If you don't like it, just leave the area that he is in. Or maybe even leave the game. One less whiner in UO would definately be a welcome change.

And yes, I was born a feluccian, always will be feluccian. I pvp a heck of a lot more than I pvm. I would personally just kill you for even whining about something so trivial. GET OVER IT and move on.

I would be careful what you do or say to him though, as you may really end up pissing this guy off and he may bring his entire guild of peacemakers over there and kill all of your precious little spawn EVERY time from now till the end of the event...... just a suggestion, take it with a grain of salt.
First of all the title isnt up to date for me anymore.
I understand there is no harassment.
There was just a little child that was whining cause someone tried to tame "his" warhorse, btw i didnt do this. I just asked him to stop perma area peace. But maybe I should dismount the Vanguard controller next time before him and when he kills or tries to tame I will tell him that this would be "my" warhorse :p
This child is a little Trammie that wants to be a feluccian and so he tries to "own" in Trammel.
And you are right that he is in a guild that claims to own the shard.
Well, they do own the shard from 4am - 7am when everyone else is sleeping.
We will see what the tamer haters say, when they need a Pet to tank in any further event. But thats another story.

R

RedDaTeef

DOWN WITH TAMERS!! UP WITH THIEVES AND MURDERS!!! Yes I live on Siege. But I'm visiting a shard near you. Cya soon!

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

"I'm sorry, but if your going back to kriins and unicorns, then how about bushido and chiv "
Bushido & Chiv are classes in their own rights though, their not specific to dexxers. They may be a bit more these days as hybrids have been toned down. But Bushido and Chiv are in no way content for dexxers when mages can/could benefit very well from them as well. Pets & the addition of them only cater to tamers. No other class has had anywhere near the amount of unique content as tamers and probably never will.

"They made two new skills for fighters, which I am sure took a heck of a lot of work, while tamers just got a new pet thrown in."
I think 'a new pet' is understating it to an epic degree. Ki rin, unicorns, fire steeds, giant beetles, fire beetles, lesser hiryus, hiryus, rune beetles, bake kitsunes, cu sidhes, reptalons, greater dragons, dread war horses & I'm probably missing some. All of which are unique and used in their own way, some may not be quite as viable today as they were when they came out, but! when they came out (much like these dread war horses) everyone went crazy for them and the tamers probably made a lot of money selling them.

"I guess you could equate the new pets to the new weapons, but then tamer are far behind warriors in that light."
You could but you would also need to add which are used and remain useful in which case they are not.

P

packrat

Here is what gets me. I have a tamer and usually don't even try to tame the steeds. I usually kill the left over spawn and peace it so someone else can tame it. But, taming 15 of them is being a little greedy. If I see the same person taming them over and over again just to be greedy I will kill them all. I don't need the gold or care to own one of them. I surely wont tame 15 and brag that I was a greedy lil brat. If my guildies want one I will get their lazy butts to the spawn and help them. Most of the people in Napa are respectable. It's the greedy ones that tick me off.

Hunter Moon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"I'm sorry, but if your going back to kriins and unicorns, then how about bushido and chiv "
Bushido & Chiv are classes in their own rights though, their not specific to dexxers. They may be a bit more these days as hybrids have been toned down. But Bushido and Chiv are in no way content for dexxers when mages can/could benefit very well from them as well. Pets & the addition of them only cater to tamers. No other class has had anywhere near the amount of unique content as tamers and probably never will.
That maybe true in some small instances, but I personally have yet to see anyone other than a fighter use chiv or bushido on their template.

"They made two new skills for fighters, which I am sure took a heck of a lot of work, while tamers just got a new pet thrown in."
I think 'a new pet' is understating it to an epic degree. Ki rin, unicorns, fire steeds, giant beetles, fire beetles, lesser hiryus, hiryus, rune beetles, bake kitsunes, cu sidhes, reptalons, greater dragons, dread war horses & I'm probably missing some. All of which are unique and used in their own way, some may not be quite as viable today as they were when they came out, but! when they came out (much like these dread war horses) everyone went crazy for them and the tamers probably made a lot of money selling them.
Giant beetles are used by everyone who wants a packy they can ride.
Fire beetles are used by miners.
Lesser hiryus are used by people with bushido
So yes, tamers can make money off of them (get a friend to tame you one free and your set), but they are content for other chars as well.

"I guess you could equate the new pets to the new weapons, but then tamer are far behind warriors in that light."
You could but you would also need to add which are used and remain useful in which case they are not.
As such you could add the pets that no one uses now. No one I know uses bake kitsunes, ki rins, unicorns, reptalon, fire steed or hiryu to fight or hunt. I do occasionally see someone bank sitting on one of these, but that is about it. The ki rins and unicorns were suppose to have some nice specials that would have made them useful, but that content was never added.

I am not saying there hasn't been content added for tamers, I am just saying it doesn't seem as one sided to me as so many people are claiming. I have pretty much every kind of char between my husband and my accounts and so I am effected by everything they do in the game and I really don't see such an imbalance to get upset about. I have used my fighter, my archer, and my tamer at all of these events and they have each preformed well and gotten me looting rights with no problems. If there is any one class I thought got the least amount of love, it would be the bards at this point.

B

Ben Dover

If there is any one class I thought got the least amount of love, it would be the bards at this point.

Wow, yet you are on here complaining about a bard. Imagine that. Seems a little hypocritical to me. You want some "new" function / love for "Your" bard, but you want to nerf the poor bard who is there ruining your little tamer's time. What can I say, but WOW!

You said you have multiple characters of every type.... I would be willing to bet that your "main" character, the one that you play on more often than others is your precious little tamer. Am I wrong? I think not.

Hunter Moon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow, yet you are on here complaining about a bard. Imagine that. Seems a little hypocritical to me. You want some "new" function / love for "Your" bard, but you want to nerf the poor bard who is there ruining your little tamer's time. What can I say, but WOW!

You said you have multiple characters of every type.... I would be willing to bet that your "main" character, the one that you play on more often than others is your precious little tamer. Am I wrong? I think not.
Erm I think you have me confused with someone else. I didn't say anything about a bard ruining my tamers time. I am not sure if your talking about Hunters Moon (notice the s at the end of Hunter here who's name looks just like mine without a close look) or someone else totally.

I did say that if they are using a cheat you could page on them for that, but that is just if they are using a cheat which is independent of if they are a bard or some other char. The cheat being the thing that is wrong, not the play style or template. I have had no bards mess with my taming at all as of yet and even had two that were helping us out.

Also, I don't want love for my bard. I just said if there were one I would say had the least love given it would be a bard. I have no problems with the content at all.

B

Ben Dover

Erm I think you have me confused with someone else. I didn't say anything about a bard ruining my tamers time. I am not sure if your talking about Hunters Moon (notice the s at the end of Hunter here who's name looks just like mine without a close look) or someone else totally.

I did say that if they are using a cheat you could page on them for that, but that is just if they are using a cheat which is independent of if they are a bard or some other char. The cheat being the thing that is wrong, not the play style or template. I have had no bards mess with my taming at all as of yet and even had two that were helping us out.

Also, I don't want love for my bard. I just said if there were one I would say had the least love given it would be a bard. I have no problems with the content at all.

\

You did not answer the question.... It's ok, I am pretty sure that everyone here can guess your main characters template.

B

Ben Dover

Ask him to stop again, if he doesn't page a gm. That'll save the journals and show you asking him and his response. Can't guarentee of course but, well that guy needs and adjustment from the sounds of it.
How the hell do you become an "UO Moderator" and know absolutely NOTHING about the rules of the game?? Damn trammies!!

Hunter Moon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You didn't address that you are talking about a different person all together on the complaining about a bard part and that you got my statement about barding wrong.

Not sure why you feel you need to try to start something, but I am not here for that and will let it be from now on. I don't like flaming and negativity and I don't see why some people feel a need to jump on others and try to start nastiness. I play to have fun and was on the boards for an open exchange of ideas in a grown up manner. It seems if you disagree you need to try to slash and burn the other person instead of just making your point in a clear and concise way as an adult. I will not be responding to you anymore so you may flame away.

B

Ben Dover

Peacing has a timer that is way longer then the ability to keep a spawn halted. If he is able to peace fast enough for the spawn to never relock and attack again, then he is cheating. The timer is like 11 seconds before using a skill again and surround peace lasts no where near that... it is like 4 or 5 seconds. It is because of this huge lag time in barding skills that most people have put up their bards and not used them in forever. So while this isn't harassment, it is very obviously cheating if he is able to stop everything and keep it stopped with no skill lag.

Ok, so maybe you did not whine about the guy actually using his skill. You did however call him a cheater without even knowing the mechanics of the game or the skill that he is using. As I proved in an earlier post, you can area peacemake every 6 seconds with no issues at all.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

"That maybe true in some small instances, but I personally have yet to see anyone other than a fighter use chiv or bushido on their template."
That is a complete lie, you are in a guild that has been through the many Chiv/Mage, Nerve strike/Mage, Evasion/Mage fixes. That was in no way a small instance it was an epidemic thats why it got fixed. Not to mention ninjitsu & death strike mages.

"Giant beetles are used by everyone who wants a packy they can ride.
So yes, tamers can make money off of them (get a friend to tame you one free and your set), but they are content for other chars as well."
You need a tamer to tame any of them, so as content goes it's still clinging to the tamer side of things. Content for other classes that astonishingly resembles 'yet another pet'.

"As such you could add the pets that no one uses now. No one I know uses bake kitsunes, ki rins, unicorns, reptalon, fire steed or hiryu to fight or hunt. I do occasionally see someone bank sitting on one of these, but that is about it. The ki rins and unicorns were suppose to have some nice specials that would have made them useful, but that content was never added."
You have had people in your guild using bakes. The ki-rin and unicorns specials are in game and always have been. Wether their still used or not there was a time when they were new exciting and generated money for tamers in the usual form of 'another new pet'.

B

Ben Dover

I don't like flaming and negativity and I don't see why some people feel a need to jump on others and try to start nastiness. I play to have fun and was on the boards for an open exchange of ideas in a grown up manner.
ROFL are you serious????? You accused someone that you have never met of cheating based on your lack of knowledge of how the game works. Is that not some of the nastiness that you just spoke of? You were on the boards for an "open exchange of ideas in a grown up manner"? Well in that case then, why did you even bother to post in this thread? You contributed absolutely NOTHING worthwhile. You tried to spew out some slander and you tried to show your vast knowledge of how UO skills work.... neither of which seem to be correct. Again, we are back down to the tamer trammies whining about their pretty little pets!

Hunter Moon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"That maybe true in some small instances, but I personally have yet to see anyone other than a fighter use chiv or bushido on their template."
That is a complete lie, you are in a guild that has been through the many Chiv/Mage, Nerve strike/Mage, Evasion/Mage fixes. That was in no way a small instance it was an epidemic thats why it got fixed. Not to mention ninjitsu & death strike mages.
I've been in HOT about maybe a year now and have not noticed anyone using any of the templates your referring to. Maybe someone is, but I have not seen it or noticed it and I would think I would unless they are on at times I am not. Now that you mentioned the template, I do remember from my last guild some nerve strike mages, but they didn't last long and it was a blip on the screen at least in my experience. The thing I do remember is the wands being used for a long period of time and people being up in arms over them.

"Giant beetles are used by everyone who wants a packy they can ride.
So yes, tamers can make money off of them (get a friend to tame you one free and your set), but they are content for other chars as well."
You need a tamer to tame any of them, so as content goes it's still clinging to the tamer side of things. Content for other classes that astonishingly resembles 'yet another pet'.
I thought it was the money side that bothered you since you addressed them making money off of the tames? Just get a friend to tame you one and that is taken care of. Pets don't count as content for other chars? I consider my beetles a huge content boost for my mule personally.

"As such you could add the pets that no one uses now. No one I know uses bake kitsunes, ki rins, unicorns, reptalon, fire steed or hiryu to fight or hunt. I do occasionally see someone bank sitting on one of these, but that is about it. The ki rins and unicorns were suppose to have some nice specials that would have made them useful, but that content was never added."
You have had people in your guild using bakes. The ki-rin and unicorns specials are in game and always have been. Wether their still used or not there was a time when they were new exciting and generated money for tamers in the usual form of 'another new pet'.
As I said I have been in HOT about a year and have yet to see anyone use a bake kitsune for anything. I am not on 24/7 so they could be and I don't know it, but I haven't even heard a mention of this. The specials for unicorn and ki rin I was referring to were never implemented. They kept saying in the next patch. We are working on it and it just never happened. The auto recalling you out if your health got below a certain amount or the curing...

I'll just agree to disagree and say that I have all kinds of chars and play all kinds and personally feel the content equality is fine from my point of view and leave it at that. Peace out

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

"I thought it was the money side that bothered you since you addressed them making money off of the tames?"
It's both.

"Pets don't count as content for other chars? I consider my beetles a huge content boost for my mule personally."
I don't see why, pack horses/llamas were around for a long time before they came out. Mules had the space for magery back then as arms lore wasn't of any use, some of the other mule skills handy these days also weren't as necessary.

Never heard of auto recalling, they chain lightning when your low on health (the ki rins) and the curing seems in to me.

I find it odd that you don't remember those templates when the fel guilds I've seen you in both had plenty of them and fought against a guild at one point almost entirely made up of them, but fair enough.