• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Happy Non-Gargoyle Imbuers?

L

Llwyd

I'm a late bloomer and just got started on imbuing. I've been holding off doing the race change and wondering if it is really necessary to have a Gargoyle in order to be happy with this skill.

Any happy human/elf embuers out there?

Warsong of LS

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
no but the racial bonus and access to the queens forge does help if you are trying to gather large numbers of relic fragments. plus they have a bonus to enhancing (it just takes me longer (more attempts) to break items) :)

L

Llwyd

Thanks. I guess I'll wait on the decision till my skill is higher... :)

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Exactly where does it say that gargoyles have a "bonus to enhancing?"

Nevermind, I found it. Didn't know that one. Now how much 'bonus' to enhancing does a gargoyle get?

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm, it appears both Stratics and ToR need to update their enhancing calculators to account for the gargoyle's bonus.

A

Aristillus

Any happy human/elf embuers out there?
I have both a human, and a gargoyle legendary artificer, and my gargoyle is almost never used. The gargoyle bonuses are not even big enough that I notice a difference, be it imbuing or unraveling. I find it way more important how the RNG treats me then any bonuses :)

Just my .02

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My Artificer is human, and will always be (I just don't like Gargoyles). The bonus for success chance is minimal, and I have no issue with unraveling Relic Fragments or imbuing high-level mods whatsoever.

L

Llwyd

Thank you! I'm relieved, as I really didn't care for the idea of having to be a gargoyle to imbue.