• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Happy Birthday Stratics!

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Today my spiffy new iPhone 6s played the "happy birthday" song. I flipped it open (for I have it in a spiffy new pink case to protect it), and noticed that today is Stratics' birthday!

Through all the years, this community has been here to help UO Players (and sometimes those of other games) sift through all the content, features and activities being developed. Stratics is a place where we all would come to vent, report issues to the devs, compare notes, solve problems, and form a sort of bond with others across the planet who share in our addiction to Ultima Online. Surely, Stratics is not the only forum and community that supports UO, but is it perhaps the most prolific, longstanding, volatile, homey and actual comforting community around.

Having been a part of this community since my lurking days in 1999.. to actively joining in 2001, then being a reporter in 2004, and moving on up to be VP of Publishing then Publisher serving as admin, forum mod, slave, developer and hopefully a level headed decision maker (or at least an influencing party thereof); and one of the few outspoken role playing Celts... I gotta say I do luv this community, through and through.

We all take breaks from the game itself, but as we've all so lovingly stated time and time again, it is the people, hence the community, that keeps us all coming back to Stratics and other forums that are around. And even though there are those who no longer post here that used to be highly active members - they lurk and peek in from the Void.... you know who you are. :rolleyes:

And it is not to say that Stratics only supports the official game developed by Broadsword - but it is well known to be a source for those "unmentionables" that orbits around the UO-niverse.

Due to circumstances that require my full energies elsewhere I had to leave staff. I am always a message away from those who need me - I just cannot put in the time necessary to help move things forward faster. As soon as those circumstances rectify themselves, rest assured, I'll be calling @Ron Bron to get reinstated in whatever capacity he needs. I promised to help keep Stratics around for as long as nary I can - and that promise stands.

So here's to 18 years of Stratics! I'm sure there will be 18+ more to come!

Ron Bron

Former President
VIP
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Today my spiffy new iPhone 6s played the "happy birthday" song. I flipped it open (for I have it in a spiffy new pink case to protect it), and noticed that today is Stratics' birthday!

Through all the years, this community has been here to help UO Players (and sometimes those of other games) sift through all the content, features and activities being developed. Stratics is a place where we all would come to vent, report issues to the devs, compare notes, solve problems, and form a sort of bond with others across the planet who share in our addiction to Ultima Online. Surely, Stratics is not the only forum and community that supports UO, but is it perhaps the most prolific, longstanding, volatile, homey and actual comforting community around.

Having been a part of this community since my lurking days in 1999.. to actively joining in 2001, then being a reporter in 2004, and moving on up to be VP of Publishing then Publisher serving as admin, forum mod, slave, developer and hopefully a level headed decision maker (or at least an influencing party thereof); and one of the few outspoken role playing Celts... I gotta say I do luv this community, through and through.

We all take breaks from the game itself, but as we've all so lovingly stated time and time again, it is the people, hence the community, that keeps us all coming back to Stratics and other forums that are around. And even though there are those who no longer post here that used to be highly active members - they lurk and peek in from the Void.... you know who you are. :rolleyes:

And it is not to say that Stratics only supports the official game developed by Broadsword - but it is well known to be a source for those "unmentionables" that orbits around the UO-niverse.

Due to circumstances that require my full energies elsewhere I had to leave staff. I am always a message away from those who need me - I just cannot put in the time necessary to help move things forward faster. As soon as those circumstances rectify themselves, rest assured, I'll be calling @Ron Bron to get reinstated in whatever capacity he needs. I promised to help keep Stratics around for as long as nary I can - and that promise stands.

So here's to 18 years of Stratics! I'm sure there will be 18+ more to come!
Happy Birthday Stratics! I'm glad to have become a part of this community. Keep it going!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wow... I have to say that it has been a part of my near daily experience for the last 16+ Years... Friends have come and gone from here more than I can recall...

Fond memories of some DEVs have been forged here as well as some disgust with trolls and the like... but all in all it's been a great place to hang out.

:banana::party::pint: So here's to another 18! :beer:

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And...I'll raise a frosty mug to the devs, mods and staff here as well! Cheers! :pint:
I'll see your frosty mug and raise you :pint::shots::pint:

Congrats Stratics, Mods, Devs that come to post, Admins, & owners both past (Thanks Taylor!) and present (TY Sir Ron Bron). :beer:

Thanks to everyone that has helped keep this boat floating (even our community's contributing members :smile2: ).

Its been a long fun ride and best wishes for many years to come :thumbup: