• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hampsters

ZippyTwitch

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seriously this whole shard is down because the hampsters wheel broke is the dumbest thing ever. I'm so sick of seeing posts referring to this it makes me sick. Would the mods please remove any post that refers to the hampster wheel. They have no bearing on any post. All they do is bump post counts to make people feel special. This is my rant.

LordDrago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seriously this posting about people posting how the whole shard is down because the hampsters wheel broke is the dumbest thing ever. I'm so sick of seeing posts referring to this it makes me sick. Would the mods please remove any post that refers to people whining about people posting about the hampster wheel. They have no bearing on any posts since they are very simple to avoid . All they do is bump post counts to make people feel special. This is my rant (sort of).

LordDrago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh, and I am not going to name names, but someone forgot to feed the hampster again :)

Attachments

K

Kiminality

And I thought this thread couldn't go downhill any more from the OP...

Siteswap

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seriously this posting about people posting how the whole shard is down because the hampsters wheel broke is the dumbest thing ever. I'm so sick of seeing posts referring to this it makes me sick. Would the mods please remove any post that refers to people whining about people posting about the hampster wheel. They have no bearing on any posts since they are very simple to avoid . All they do is bump post counts to make people feel special. This is my rant (sort of).
Seriously this posting about people posting about people posting how the whole shard is down because the hampsters wheel broke is the dumbest thing ever. I'm so sick of seeing posts referring to this it makes me sick. Would the mods please remove any post that refers to people whining about people whining about people posting about the hampster wheel. They have no bearing on any posts since they are very simple to avoid . All they do is bump post counts to make people feel special. This is my rant (sort of).

ZippyTwitch

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And how is this downhill? Hmmmmm? Hampsters and thier wheels don't run computers morons. To even insinuate that they do is just stupid.

Then you got 2 people who can't even copy my post without screwing it up.

LordDrago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seriously this posting about people posting about people posting how the whole shard is down because the hampsters wheel broke is the dumbest thing ever. I'm so sick of seeing posts referring to this it makes me sick. Would the mods please remove any post that refers to people whining about people whining about people posting about the hampster wheel. They have no bearing on any posts since they are very simple to avoid . All they do is bump post counts to make people feel special. This is my rant (sort of).
Touche

K

Kiminality

Not at all. Was just trying to make a joke... somethings are just taken far too seriously!
That was a joke?
Folk must have low standards with regards what's funny, where you come from.

And how is this downhill? Hmmmmm? Hampsters and thier wheels don't run computers morons. To even insinuate that they do is just stupid.

Either this is some cultural gap, you're playing dumb, or you're not...

Yes, it's a pretty crap association, but it's not literal.
The functioning of the UO servers has been associated with hamsters in wheels for as long as I've been around, and it probably has a heritage elsewhere on the internet.
It's like an anthropomorphism. It doesn't have to be accurate.

LordDrago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Sarcasm is lost on some people I guess.

Oh, and below is a picture of the insides of the Chessy Server after the recent upgrade:

Attachments

LordDrago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That was a joke?

The functioning of the UO servers has been associated with hamsters in wheels for as long as I've been around, and it probably has a heritage elsewhere on the internet.
No fair using big words :)

Tiny Dancer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That was a joke?
Wow. I am really sorry I peed in your cheerios. You obviously have a problem with me or no sense of humor. Excuse me for living.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That was a joke?

No fair using big words :)
Please put your daughter up for adoption.