• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Price Check] Hallowen 2009 treats Price Check

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What are the going prices for rare and semi-rare treats of the Halloween 2009 event ?

Given that even to GM beggars they are hardly given, they look to me quite rare.

I am talking about

Semi-Rare Treats

* Creepy Cake
* Harvest Wine
* Murky Milk
* Mr. Plain's Cookies
* Pumpkin Pizza

GM Beggar rares

# Grim Warning
# Skulls on a Pike
# Small Web(left or right, same as Halloween 2008)

N

NewThunder

None of those are rares. Your question should have been posed in a different forum, you should have read the guidelines.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
None of those are rares. Your question should have been posed in a different forum, you should have read the guidelines.

Really ?

UOGuide mentions them under the label "rares" received by GM beggars.

When something is mentioned as "rare" I assume it is considered a "rare" item.

Is it not ?

Then, the word "rare" should not be used. But if it is used, then I understand they are considered rares.

A rare is a rare, not something else.

At least, so I understand.

Then there should be a Forum for "rares which are not rares" ??

N

NewThunder

Really ?

UOGuide mentions them under the label "rares" received by GM beggars.

When something is mentioned as "rare" I assume it is considered a "rare" item.

Is it not ?

Then, the word "rare" should not be used. But if it is used, then I understand they are considered rares.

A rare is a rare, not something else.

At least, so I understand.

Then there should be a Forum for "rares which are not rares" ??
These forums are not UOGuides forums, had you read the threads located at the top of this forum you would have seen that current holiday items do not belong here. These items are all very easily opbtained, I have had my GM begger out for a total of 1.5 hours and have multiples of all the so called "rare" objects (2 grim reapers, 3 webs and 3 of the skull things), Begging is also a skill that can be scripted so these "rare" items can be farmed un-attended by those that like to cheat the game.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have had my GM begger out for a total of 1.5 hours and have multiples of all the so called "rare" objects (2 grim reapers, 3 webs and 3 of the skull things)

Really ?

In the same time or perhaps even more, like 2 hours, my GM beggar received none, nada, zilc.......

Given my experience I was thinking they were really extremely rare to get.

How luck can vary is impressive.....

N

NewThunder

Really ?

In the same time or perhaps even more, like 2 hours, my GM beggar received none, nada, zilc.......

Given my experience I was thinking they were really extremely rare to get.

How luck can vary is impressive.....
Here is the Trick to trick or Treating; before you go trick or treating strip down naked (in game not RL), die, start trick or treating with only the death robe on and an empty pack; After you get one of the "rare" items you should die each time before you start trick or treating again. Last year with the instant death trick we were dieing in between trick or treating, without that this year you need to commit suicide.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here is the Trick to trick or Treating; before you go trick or treating strip down naked (in game not RL), die, start trick or treating with only the death robe on and an empty pack; After you get one of the "rare" items you should die each time before you start trick or treating again. Last year with the instant death trick we were dieing in between trick or treating, without that this year you need to commit suicide.

Hmmmm, and what would be the logic behind this ?

I mean, why would the designers require that players die after each time they get a rare treat and, most of all, design such a thing without saying anything to the subscribing customers ?

I do not understand.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
maybe something to do with resetting yourself.... I have no idea about how luck works, or why the RNG smiles on some and never on others

so far, with about two hours begging in with GM beggar, I have two of the Grim Warnings and no skull pole.... have a few of the other beggar treats

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so far, with about two hours begging in with GM beggar, I have two of the Grim Warnings and no skull pole.... have a few of the other beggar treats

Did you die often in order to get the 2 Grim Warnings and the other rare/semi-rare treats you got in 2 hours ?

If the problem is with the RNG and resetting characters well, I think they should fix this because it appears to me a malfunctioning of the engine.
I do not see the reason that players would need to forcedly die, and very often too, in order to get items...........

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
nope, never died at all.... just a lot of running around

anyone need 138 lime lollipops? :lol:

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am going to let this thread stay for now as we generally do allow discussion on rarity of new items, especially when they are limited time. However, all threads related to explicitly trading in them will be moved.

It would be nice to see someone compile statistics on these items like Wynn did last year. If someone starts another thread with such data, I will close this one.

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I understand that begging could be scripted but these 'rare' items are obtained by those with GM Beggar skill but not by begging but by Trick or Treating. That being so with the intro of the random teleport I dont see how that could be scripted. I hope not anyway.

My GM beggar is certainly not being as successful as in previous years altho I have managed to get one each of the new 'rares'.

I do wonder if the suggestion of needing to die is maybe true. In previous years which all had the insta death factor I certainly did better than this year. Maybe that reset your character as is suggested.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Quoted: None of those are rares. Your question should have been posed in a different forum, you should have read the guidelines.

Strange when last year lots on here were selling the '' Rare'' gift neon boxes!!!!!!

LOL u guys/gals make ya mind up!!