• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Halloween Trick or Treat

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I went to Umbra, the most darkest place which reeks of all hallows eve and they don't even acknowledge the holiday! *hrmf!*

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I went to Umbra, the most darkest place which reeks of all hallows eve and they don't even acknowledge the holiday! *hrmf!*
I know... funny that Butchers do but cooks don't... and I get peasants and Beggars not having candies and all...... but Scribes? Stuck up snobs that they are... won't give candy either.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
apparently Eoden does not celebrate all hallows eve either.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There's absolutely no rhyme or reason to the "There is no chance of getting candy from that" line..I've gotten that message from one NPC after receiving candy from an identical one moments before...just another example of lazy coding.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Luck plays zero part in Trick or Treating.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
my vote is it has nothing to do with it.
that said i wear a luck suit just in case it does.
and yes i still eat fish steaks every day when i log in.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Some seem to believe it does. I tried adding luck to my ToT'er and well it was about the same... so I don't know.
Yeah I've tried with like 1800 luck and like 100 luck and it doesn't seem to make a difference to me. I'd say begging skill has an effect though. Although it seems you can score sometimes even with out it.

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is posted (below) on another trick or treat thread, I can not get it to work. Does anyone know if it still works? I have a regular speak macro, but this eludes me.

This is for Classic Client no uoassit.

Say Trick or treat
Wait for target
Select Nearest Mobile (has a second drop down to select "Mobile)
CurrentTarget

A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

#5 Victim of Siege, Oct 2, 2015
Last edited: Oct 2, 2015

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
This is posted (below) on another trick or treat thread, I can not get it to work. Does anyone know if it still works? I have a regular speak macro, but this eludes me.

This is for Classic Client no uoassit.

Say Trick or treat
Wait for target
Select Nearest Mobile (has a second drop down to select "Mobile)
CurrentTarget

A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

#5 Victim of Siege, Oct 2, 2015
Last edited: Oct 2, 2015
yes it does, i just started using it this year and it works great!
i got a guild mate to start running it as well.

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
yes it does, i just started using it this year and it works great!
i got a guild mate to start running it as well.
Thank you Poo,

I have redone it several times and it still does not work. Verifying each line thrice! :(

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
OK, here are my findings.... My GM beggar gets all the stuff with a drop averaging one per 42 minutes. My Beggar with 50 skill gets all the old drops but none of the "new" drops at one per 24 minutes. My beggar with 70.6 skill gets all the drops at one per 1 hr 4 minutes average. Across the board I see evil twin average of once per 9 minutes with teleport one every six visits of the evil twin. This was tested on Origin almost since Halloween started. Not sure if luck helps or not for the drops. Gm had 2400 luck, the rest 0 luck. Seems to make no difference. Gm stayed full, the other two did not eat at all. Hope this helps.
That's interesting. Off the cuff I'd say that sounds about right. Odd thing with me is I've gotten so many lamps I've lost count. Many pumpkin deeds. Got like one tray. I know others who have gotten a ton of trays. On Legends which is pretty quiet I assume. Trinsic gave me lamps and pumpkin deeds galore. Royal City was a variety and a tray. Heartwood wasn't all that productive for me. So who knows. I just did it for the first couple of days and I starting trading my stock pile of lamps and pumpkin deeds for trays so I pretty much stopped doing it. Only thing that struck me weird was my character just couldn't get trays. I'm sure if I wanted to keep grinding them they would drop eventually.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Thank you Poo,

I have redone it several times and it still does not work. Verifying each line thrice! :(
Seems like it didn't work for me and the second time I tried it I didn't use any capital letters in trick or treat and it worked. Or I changed something else and forgot. :p

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Reading this over... does anyone really collect candy? :p I don't see that as ever being a hot item even if they stopped giving them out. But to each their own :)

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awards
Reading this over... does anyone really collect candy? :p I don't see that as ever being a hot item even if they stopped giving them out. But to each their own :)
You could go for 60.000 of each type/color. :grin:

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Thank you Poo,

screen shot, im a visual person.
i hate to admit this but i didnt know that you could add more than 2 things to a CC macro, i didnt realize that those little arrows toggled down to allow you to add more lines, haha!

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awards
SelectNearest - Mobile
Whisper - Trick or treat
WaitForTarget
LastTarget

works like a charm. :smile2:

SugarMMM

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't know where my begging stone is so should I even bother with trick or treating?

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i got bored and went and did a little test.
i tested 1000 trick or treats at each level.
0 begging x1000 ToT = 0 rares
55 begging x1000 ToT = 2 rares
78 begging x1000 ToT = 3 rares
100 begging x1000 ToT = 9 rares (2400+ luck)
100 begging x1000 ToT = 10 rares (1400+ luck)
100 begging x1000 ToT = 10 rares (0 luck)
(it does seem that luck plays no part in the amount of rares you get)

now im not sure if its just random but i did not get any of this years stuff until i put my GM begging back on.

Last edited:

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
all done testing, totals of ToT per skill and per luck are listed above.

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I need to do more TOTing this weekend. Been too busy to do much and have only gotten two rares.