• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Halloween Quest.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Who is interested in Halloween quest this friday evening or saturday?
We can try to do it several times with different characters to get the reward more often.

If you feel like doing this tell me when and around what time. The more people that comes , the easyer and more often we can do it. :)

-Halloween

New quest starting in the Yew Courthouse: talk to Jasper and read the book on the table
Can be done completely in either Felucca or Trammel
Every step required in the chain, skipping steps will keep you from completing the event
Event can be done once per character
Participating characters must be 15 days old (except for Test Center)
Khaldun temporarily available in Trammel for the duration of the event
Shadowfiends now perfom the life drain attack
General increases to HP and stats for Khaldun creatures
Slightly increased the spawn rate of Shadowfiends, Spectral Armors, and Zealots
Note: Shadowfiends and Spectral Armor drop loot onto the ground instead of leaving a body
Note: Players cannot resurrect inside Khaldun

Spoiler
http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=107980

N

Nenime

Again one of your excellent ideas, Frarc :). Although I don't have much time at the moment you can count me in. Saturday afternoon or evening would be perfect for me.

N

Nenime

Oh dang! I just noticed that they nerfed the necro-form-by-equipment 'trick'. Not that I was against it but it's not a good timing because now I have to rebuild some templates first. Anyway, I will participate and just hope that the fights are not too hard.

BTW, Friday is Halloween. So I have to open the door whenever the bell rings - unless I want my house get burned down by some angered kiddies. ;)

N

Nenime

Yes, me again :p.

Before the party starts tomorrow (still don't know what time :confused:) here are some tactical hints. May contain spoilers so skip if you want to make your own painful experience ;).

The quest chain is not very long. It's an interesting story and easy to follow. But this wouldn't be UO if you don't have to fight. So there are three types of fight:

1. The Skeletal Lich:
Part of the quest is to defeat this undead creature which hits very hard and cast Necro and Magery spells. Tamers will hate the Whither spell which makes it impossible to bandage-heal the pet for longer that a few seconds. Try Greater Heal from afar. Bards can discord it at high skill levels - very helpful! Archers are best against it especially with Undead Slayer Bow. Mages should best summon EV's although it will try to dispell them as soon as possible. Keep summoning. This will also help against the plentyful lesser spawn which is around too.

2. Khaldun:
I'm adressing to players who never been there before. With an experienced group it's not that hard down there. If you know where to go you can run through the hordes without even bothering. Just try to avoid attracting too many monsters at a time. And don't hide/invis when Shadow Fiends are around. Because of their area damage they will reveal and haunt you.
You can't get resurrected inside the dungeon, you'll have to run outside. Unfortunately, there's no healer in that area of the Lost Lands. So inform your group in that case.

3. Sicarii: :spider:
This is the boss which you have to kill in order to get the reward. Not an easy task if you're in a small group. It will throw spider webs at you (which means paralyse) and drags/teleports you to it. Sometimes you'll manage to throw a quick Invis or run away but most of the time this means instant death. Don't worry about that. Run to the small entrance room and wait for someone to ress you. Don't let yourself get ressed in visible range of Sicarii cause it will immediately drag you - BTW even if you're dead. And don't run into the corners of the main room or a bunch of spiders will spawn. They're easy to kill but a pain if they appear in the wrong moment. 'Least no Deadly Poison from anyone.
These things are recommendable if you go there:
  • A Tamer with a good stat, good trained Greater Dragon
  • A Legendary Discord-Bard (who should cast Invis every 5 seconds to stay hidden)
  • At least one Mage to constantly cast EV and ress spells
  • Everyone who want to do direct damage: An Arachnid/Spider Slayer

Very useful also:
  • A Bandage Talisman
  • Lots of insurance gold in your bank box
  • Some Sacrifice resurrections if things get really bad
Sicarii will respawn after death in a few minutes. So be aware. The spider bunch only if you step on the trigger fields. To get the required spider wool ("Gossamer") you can summon them intentionally.

The boss room is actually a part of Britannia, not Khaldun (you know why when you leave through the gate in the southern room) so ressing is possible here :). You may also leave as a ghost and come back any time later.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm ready for Sicarii tomorrow.I did all the parts of the quest except of killing her.

Don't care when , i have all day.
:)