• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

"Halloween 2008" aka "Spend Your Time Wisely" Part I - The Pumpkin Patch...

Andrasta

Goodman's Rune Library
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This week I decided to go investigate just what the new Halloween 2008 content had in store for all of us.

I was pleasantly surprised to find that the depth of the Halloween events are great and for the first time I really have to think about what parts of it I want to concentrate on. There simply is so much more to it than running all my mules through the quest or recalling around the graveyards in hopes of sighting the right bad guy.

There simply won't be enough time to do all of it. I must spend my time wisely...

To that end I will attempt to share my discoveries as I try to experience all the content before the Ghosts & Goblins disappear til next year...

Pumpkins are back!

In many of the farmers fields' this time spawning Mythic Employee names which is a change from last year where they spawned with our names on them. Britain fields seem to be the most productive should you wish to top up that Collectible Pumpkin patch you've got going...

There is one name that every Atlantean should have proudly displayed on the mantel. This year's must have pumpkin is none other than "Sakkarah's Pumpkin or Jack O'Lantern."

Took a bit of hauling & pruning to get but I finally have my prized "Sakkarah's Pumpkin". I don't know if any of you have noticed but the quality of our quests and event have improved greatly in the past few months.

Cheers to Sakkarah for such a good job!

Now...How many hours am I going to have to spend to get a black one ?

*calculates a block of time for pumpkin picking*

Next up....Trick or Treating

Andrasta

Goodman's Rune Library
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah Trick or Treating!

Many of you are already familiar with "Trick or Treating"...but for those of you that are not.....the technique is always the same.

Walk up to any NPC in any city or town and yell "Trick or Treat" in close proximity to them. You'll get a curser to select which villager you wish to ask.

They will either think you are cute and hand you a Halloween Goodie or they will have some foul deed up their sleeves and you will end up like this!

Or this! Your Evil Twin will battle you until you have one or so health left and then thankfully disappear.

Or maybe this!

The higher the Begging Skill your character has, the better Goodies you will get...

The possible list includes:

Common Treats:

A Giant Pumpkin Muffin, Pixie Stick, Candy Corn.

Rarer Treats:

Murky Milk, Creepy Cake, Harvest Wine, Mr. Plain's Cookies, Pumpkin Pizza

These rare treats are the same as last year's Trick or Treat Goodies, however, there was one important addition. For those of you with endless patience who bothered to work begging to Grandmaster status...

The fruits of your labor is a rare small web with two possible, facing south and facing east.

Getting all these Goodies must take a tremendous amount of time and effort judging by the amount of rarer ones I got with my Assistant Ivy who has only 50 begging...

Zero.

*Pencils in a huge block of time for Trick or Treating*

On to the next Halloween event...

Sam the Scribe

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*Sitting in his study, Sam opens a copy of the Sosarian Times and see's Lady Andrasta's report on the front page of the Atlantic section.*

"Pumpkins! So it's farm reports the people want... hmmm? I can do that too!"

Heading to Moonglow Sam walks to the southern part of the island and notices a field filled with carrots.

"Ah excellent! I shall do my report on carrots! I'll just grab one..."

As Sam pulls the carrot from the ground... a mysterious smoke arises and a very angry Vorpal Bunny jumps out of the hole where the carrot used to be.

Realizing that powerful rabbit is defending it's food source, Sam runs to the gate and vaults over.

The Vorpal Bunny remains behind chittering angrily.

Shaking the dirt from his robe Sam wanders off, muttering: "Hmm... those reports are harder than they look. I'm sure Lady Andrasta will do a fine job... yes... yes... she will."

The farmer chuckles as he watches Sam retreat down the path towards town.

"City slickers... hrmph."

Andrasta

Goodman's Rune Library
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's true...

Khaldun has made an appearance on the Trammel side in the exact same location as the Felucca side. The last Halloween Event is a quest that starts from Yew Court House. You must complete each step in order for the quest to advance properly. No skipping steps this time.

There are runes & guides available in some of the libraries & a very good walkthrough is available on www.uoguide.com so I am only going to cover a few important points.

This is actually the first event I tested and it took me 2 days to complete the quest with one character. It has been updated to make it easier to complete since I did it. I died many many many times doing this quest. I would advise you to have lots of insurance money in the bank.

1. When in Khaldun, Avoid anything that looks like this guy like the plague. Do not approach them or let them see you at all.

2. When you are finally in the Lady Sacarii's company, remember to hide, heal and rez anyone you are with as you are going to need to work as a team to take her down.

3. All that time spent doing this quest is well worth it as a very nice spider web is your reward for completing it. There is a medium web that can be looted off of her corpse as well.

4. You can go back and fight either Sacarii or the Skeletal Liche over and over again. Pictured here are the Conjurer's Spellbook, Conjurer's Trinket and both kinds of bats available on the special graveyard monsters.

For more information and techniques, see Xel Naga's thread on UHall.

How to deal with Sicarii, Skeletal Liches, and fiends and Crimson dragons
http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=111142

or

UO Publish notes:
http://www.uoherald.com/news/news.php?newsid=454

All these events will come to an end on Monday, November 17th, 2008. I would have everything I wanted to accomplish by Sunday night as morning maintenance is probably the trigger to turn it all off.

I hope you enjoyed this year's Halloween events. I hope to complete the Khaldun Quest at least one more time. Time permitting of course!

Andrasta
Goodman's Rune Library
Atlantic Shard