• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hair Fair !

P

Polly

The Hair Fair has started today, it runs until September 7th. It is a charity event that benefits Locks of Love.

Its based over 4 sims, (landmarks below) but at the moment each is full and the lag is incredible. If you manage to get there, everyone is being asked to detach all prims (going bald is kind of fun!), including AOs etc.

All the main hair designers in SL have a booth, most use the event to release new styles, some discounted and lots of freebies too.

Definitely worth a visit, but perhaps best to go when half of SL isn't trying to get in at the same time !

You can find out more about it here

And I found out something very cool today, if you go to advanced options, rendering, info displays and click on avatar rendering costs, it tells you how much you are contributing to lag. You get your point score above your head. It was funny watching avies arrive with 6350 points above their heads !! Took them a while, but most of them stripped down to 1 point. And then of course some didn't ..... pffft.

Pink Hair fair landmark
Red Hair fair LM
Purple Hair Fair LM
Orange Hair Fair landmark

Enjoy and come back and show us what you get !

Polly

P

Polly

Ok so I took some picks of things I found at the hair fair !

Not sure if this will work, but you should be able to see them here

If not let me know and I'll photobucket them !

Polly

NikiKing

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ooo I so wanna go there today. Since I really have to go wedding shopping with Akasha, is there any wedding stuff there? :D

P

Polly

Hair fair ends today, so if you haven't already been then HURRY !

Polly