• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hail: So, Where are you posting from? Work, Home, jail, ect

G

Hiya. I think this was done a long time ago, it serves no usefull point, thus i will post it anyway. Where are you at, most of the time, when you are on this board? Do you go back in forth between here, and playing UO? ect ect

Since i Manage a small apartment complex in Vegas, i am both at home, "lives on site", and at work at the same time. When i get tired playing, i come over here to see what is new, or to get more information on certain game play issues. I have found it is usually just better to try differnet things your self, as most of the info here is outdated, or wrong, or not very complete.

So, i kind of get paid to play UO. :)

T

Tazar

Since I run a small apartment management company in Dallas, like you, I never get far from work. Most of my stratics time is while at the office. My UO time is at home after work!

G

Hello! =)

I am posting from home and work. I am a self-employed computer consultant, with a couple of larger clients that I base out of, so I can post from there or even sometimes get to play UO a little bit, if it is a slower day.

I

imported_Lady Tiger

um...Jail

(looks around to find the bars) Just kidding i'm at home as always. Lucky me

K

kennykilleduo

Home/Work ( someones gotta watch over larisa...lol...j/k)

G

home & work

but currently the two are the same, although it tends to change every few months.

F

Fayled Dhreams

err ... home is where the heart is ...

(just cause we might not LIKE the current condition at home ...)

hehehe

any way's ..
small small really small favor ...

post six more times ... over the weekend ...

we gots a ...mmmm ... contest going on ...

Give ya a free pass on your first mistake ....

(was gonna anyway ... but ....)

just six more

P l e a s e e e e e e e !!!!

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I post from home, since I don't work outside the house any more. But Hubby posts from both. But usually calls me and lets me do the posting. I am the bored one.

G

I post from home. I drive a truck and the cops get a bit jumpy if they see you
using a cel phone. A lap top would just be asking for trouble.

G

Are we speaking geographically or existentially?

I'm posting from my study overlooking a snowbank in the aftermath of a very, very draining day away at work, trying to decide between logging in to escape vs just taking a nap.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Home. Kinda hard to have my PC with me on my bike when i deliver the mail!

G

I post from home, which is where I work, it sometimes feels like Jail.

J

Jhym

I post both home and at my client, but usually too busy at work to post much.

I sometimes post at starbucks, but that's rare these days.

Dey won't let me post in da jails, dey takes my laptop away.

I

imported_raider red

I actually post from Jail,I work part time at a local county jail.

Vallend

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I’m one of those people that work in a factory so I can only read and post at home. No matter how many times I have tried to convince management that my production line needs to be hooked up to the net. They just will not buy it.

G

- 9:30 at night, posting...

I hope I'm not the only one that noticed that.

TY Kilandra

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Pescadero State Mental Hospital.

[/ QUOTE ]

Come with me if you want to live!!

I

imported_Sarphus

I mostly post when I'm either training skills in UO or at work. I can't always post from work... sometimes I'm just too busy. I can usually find the time to keep up with the boards though.

In the past 3 months I've only had one day where I couldn't really keep up with the boards... yesterday. I worked from 8 AM to 12:30 AM. it was a rough day.

C

Connor_Graham

Used to be mostly at work and a little at home, which just meant things were going well at work and everyone was doing what they were supposed to be doing, but now it's 100% at home.

Fire Kitten

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*looks up* I am in the padded cell next to Maddin's *passes him a cookie*

Meow! actually I am curled up at home in Sunny FL..

G

The last 2 years, all my posting and playing had been from home. I'm very busy now at work, so I can't find time for it at work. We had got more users, computers, networks and servers to support over the years but we are less to do the job.
The other 8 years, I did post and play both from home and from work. (Don't tell my boss
)

G

A majority of the time I make my posts from home. I come home from work and the first thing I do after firing up my pc is check all the forums... And after playing UO and before I retire for the evening I once again check the forums(just in case there were any threads I was interested in following that got a reply). And one night a week I have to take call (I work in the Laboratory of a Rural Hospital) so on those nights when I'm stuck at work waiting on labs to finish I pop on line from time to time and post from work.

J

J0KING

I work as a crisis interventionist so only get the opportunity to post when there isnt a crisis occurring...

The majority of my posting is done either when I go to school at night or when I am at home.

I

imported_bioras

I wouldn't feel right posting from work so...home. Now pardon me while I go wash my orange jumpsuit. (why do they make us wear ORANGE????)

G

At least in my case, my board-surfing or gaming does not get in the way of my work.

If a worker comes to me and says "This printer has a paper jam....can you help me?", I immediately get up and help them. So even the smallest error gets my attention. If I'm logged into UO....Oh well...Hope I was somewhere safe, hehe. I don't even take the time to logout, just go straight with the worker to their problem. =)

If I'm at a site that's experiencing some bandwidth issues for whatever reason, I won't use the Net at all. I feel I have an obligation to my clients to provide the best service and support that I can. It's a priviledge to even be given my own personal space at my clients' offices, and I try to treat everyone there equally, from the doctors to the appointment schedulers. I want to make their jobs easier and less stressful by keeping their computers, the servers, and network infrastructure in top shape.

G

Work... 911 dispatcher here. Of course when the phone rings Stratics comes second.... (a very close second though) =P

G

Good_Ole_Lefty

"Where are you posting from? Work, Home, jail, ect "

Open the closet and see...