• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player News) Hail And Well Met!

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
After a lengthy absence of being ship wrecked on a tiny island I was rescued and have returned! *The one person listening throws a tomato* Found a book on the island that said if I was stuck here to pray to the Ghods and they would relocate me. It worked! Ended up in the Vesper sewers, but it worked! I've offered the Ghods 10% off at my vendor house and left the coupons as an offering at their shrines. I'm sure they'll appreciate it.

Vendor house is getting stocked back up but I have to go through my stuff for my rares vendor. But I'll get caught up. Might look around an add an extra vendor or 2 if I see a need out there for some other things.

Everything seems about the same on Legends. I think that's a good thing.

Uriah has been hiding from me and I'm pretty sure the curtains moved when I knocked on his door. But I'll catch up to him somewhere.

Special thanks to Santa for the gifts in my mailbox! Special thanks to "K" who gave my a celebration gnome for my garden I missed out on. These acts are never forgotten.

Was doing these Black Gate quests yesterday. Almost got eated by a couple of greater dragons but I'm getting back into the groove and remembering my macros. More than one greater dragons is more than I can deal with. Fighting is not really my thing and it took me about 25 minutes to kill an Unbound Energy Vortex, but I got it done. Seemed to be one of those things I didn't have a slayer for. Someone should be making those and not just the axes. Special shout out to Jirel and family for the runes to the quests. Saved me a lot of trouble and time. Super appreciated that! Although I was a little surprised when I took the one to Fire Island and ended up stranded on a tiny island in the ocean. Got a little twitchy after just having been rescued. Should be a warning with that :) But if I understand it right they want me to gather up all my treasures I worked on for hours and trade them all for a rock??? I'm not giving up my Ale of Honor given to me by Dupre himself or that spiffy looking book I found for my library. Can I abort that quest and start over and get more stuff? Maybe if I had a few sets of treasures I would trade one set for a rock. This doesn't strike me as a Halloween event and was a little sad when I realized this was the Halloween event. I really like the event as an event. It's just needs more Halloween in it. If someone can pick me up at the little island near Fire Island I'd like to try for one of those cubes. Not interested in the boss trinket but I'd like to work some spawn for a cube. It's useless, I gotta have it :) But so far it was super nice to realize I could do all of these by myself and not need to find people. Probably not the case with the "Cube Boss" but I don't really care about the talisman anyway.

Another nice surprise when I returned home was to realize that after quitting UO several times I finally pieced together 14 years. So on the 26th I'll have shard shields! Figured I'd do 2 for Legends, 1 ATL and 1 GLs. So that would leave me 2 more picks. Yes I've been saving my picks forever for these. Some of my employees at the tavern will also have 14 years service in about 6 months so that will be nice also. But for now I will have 2 picks left. I had friends on Chessy but I have a feeling they've left for new lands long ago. But that leaves me with 2 picks. Anyone know a busy Japan shard that's good for trading? Maybe I can get some "boy's day" stuff. After Japan that will leave me one pick. I'll probably hop around and check all the shards. Any suggestions from a trading perspective appreciated. I was advised to just get one Legends shield and do a monthly loop of all the shards. I'll think on it. But with another set of shields coming in a few months I'm not too worried about it. I'll have to get a Legends shield for that account also so maybe 1 Legends shield now might be a pretty smart move.

Well that's about all that comes to mind currently. Winter is coming! Wear your masks and be safe! Get a flu shot! There's been talks of a plague in the lands and it's on the rise again. On a serious note, and I'm seriously not getting political... but I remember the government telling me I had to go to Vietnam which I considered a serious breech of my freedoms and liberty lol. I really didn't like the idea and didn't want to go. Laying dead face down in some infested jungle wasn't on my to do list. But the war ended before it was my turn so that worked out ok for me. I guess if your not shooting at stuff the military likes you to paint stuff. I remember spending a lot of time lining the roads with rocks then painting them white. Better than getting shot at. But I didn't get a painting medal or anything. But had I had the choice of the government restricting my freedoms I would have gladly taken wearing a piece of paper on my face over going to some swamp with people shooting at me. I only say this because you are all precious (well most of you for sure :p )and I want all of you to be here a long long time :) :heart:

If anyone has these books for my library I'd really appreciate it. I have all the Trinsic books except earl and duchess. Well I will have the rest when those shard shields kick in. So if anyone has those 2 books just name your price :)

Cya round Legends! Enjoy! Be safe! Love ya all! Captain Lucky *Bows with grand flourish*

PS Did Sparrow's castle ever burn and sink into the swamp?

sandalwoodboxinn.jpg

Last edited:

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good to have ya back, Cap'n :)

Uriah has been among the missing for some time now, patiently waiting for him to get the itch again.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Good to have ya back, Cap'n :)

Uriah has been among the missing for some time now, patiently waiting for him to get the itch again.
Yeah that happens. I have learned to keep my accounts through when I take a break lol. The wife got me into Forge of Empires so that had my focus for awhile. But now I'm retired I have time for both :)

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Welcome Home my old friend!

*Raises a glass of Good Old Moonglow Red in salute*

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
I hope Moonglow is still making that Waxing Brew! It's a big seller at the tavern!
I believe it is my friend. If you can find some Termur Treefellow Tabac it would be good to stock as well.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Good to see you back, Cap! May Kajira's gnome bless your gardens and make your Roses of Trinsic bloom anew :)
I don't really like naming people unless I know them very well and I think they wouldn't mind. Or if I'm messing with Sparrow ;) But I will say Kajira is a kind and giving person :) Like say I had one rare item and 2 people wanted it then it's why did they get it and not me? I doubt that's the case here but a lot of info I keep to myself :)