• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hail and Well Met! All are welcome to the Baja Forum!

• Thread starter Scarlet Thief
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
S

Scarlet Thief

The UO Baja Forum is a place for Baja shard-specific, and UO general discussion about Ultima Online. Although Off-Topic (OT) posts do raise their ugly head from time to time, we try to keep them to a minimum, and confine the discussion to one thread. If an OT discussion gets out of hand, a moderator may lock or delete the thread.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is the link for the Holiday Gift Trading Forum for those interested.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

<font color=red>Poster Titles</font color=red>

The following is a list of titles given to posters on Stratics forums, and when you get them:

0 Visitor
31 Adventurer
100 Journeyman
300 Seasoned Veteran
500 Sage
750 Lore Keeper
1000 Lore Master
1250 Slightly Crazed
1500 Certifiable
2000 Babbling Loonie

From time to time, you will see odd titles such as &quot;smitten kitten&quot; or &quot;inane poster&quot;. These titles are given to people who have made a large contribution to either stratics or the other posters here. Don't ask for one. If you should get one, you will be contacted! :)

Shard Logo links for those who are interested

/shared/forum_images/beige/icons/frown.gif Due to a change in linking policies at Geocities, the logo images are no longer available. If (when) I can find them again, I will endeaver to make them available somehow!

<font color=red>Final Rule</font color=red>

Have Fun. The Baja Forum is quite a community. People are always quick to help you with a problem, come rez you when you die in the middle of nowhere, and even serve you coffee and cakes in the morning to get you going.

Remember that how you treat the other people on the board is probably how you will be treated yourself, so <font color=purple>play nice</font color=purple>.

/shared/forum_images/beige/icons/biggrin.gif

(as originally penned by Major Miner II :)

<font color=red>The Stratics UO Forums Rules of Conduct</font color=red>

May be found here. Please read them over.

Information on Formatting!

<font color=red>General Markup</font color=red>

text Makes the given text bold.
[/b] [i][email protected][/i] [b] Makes the given email address clickable.
text Makes the given text italic.
text
Centers the given text within the message.
[image] URL [/image] Puts the given url in an img src tag.
[pre] text [/pre] Surrounds the given text with pre tags.
Surrounds the given text with blockquote and hr's. This markup tag is used for quoting a reply.
[/b] [i]link[/i] [b] Makes the given url into a link.
link title Makes the given title into a hyperlink pointing to link.

<font color=red>Markup Icons / Smiley Faces</font color=red>

[blush] = /shared/forum_images/beige/icons/blush.gif
[lick] = /shared/forum_images/beige/icons/lick.gif
[crying] = /shared/forum_images/beige/icons/crying.gif
[cool] = /shared/forum_images/beige/icons/cool.gif
[yawn] = /shared/forum_images/beige/icons/yawn.gif
[biglaugh] = /shared/forum_images/beige/icons/biglaugh.gif
[frown] = /shared/forum_images/beige/icons/frown.gif
[spin] = /shared/forum_images/beige/icons/spin.gif
[grrr] = /shared/forum_images/beige/icons/grrr.gif
[laugh] = /shared/forum_images/beige/icons/laugh.gif
[roll] = /shared/forum_images/beige/icons/roll.gif
[clown] = /shared/forum_images/beige/icons/clown.gif
[mad] = /shared/forum_images/beige/icons/mad.gif
[wobble] = /shared/forum_images/beige/icons/wobble.gif
[spook] = /shared/forum_images/beige/icons/spook.gif
[shocked] = /shared/forum_images/beige/icons/shocked.gif
[look] = /shared/forum_images/beige/icons/look.gif
[sick] = /shared/forum_images/beige/icons/sick.gif
[smile] = /shared/forum_images/beige/icons/smile.gif
[ohplease] = /shared/forum_images/beige/icons/ohplease.gif
[doh] = /shared/forum_images/beige/icons/doh.gif
[tongue] = /shared/forum_images/beige/icons/tongue.gif
[spiny] = /shared/forum_images/beige/icons/spiny.gif
[sad] = /shared/forum_images/beige/icons/sad.gif
[wink] = /shared/forum_images/beige/icons/wink.gif
[uhoh] = /shared/forum_images/beige/icons/uhoh.gif
[alien] = /shared/forum_images/beige/icons/alien.gif
[biggrin] = /shared/forum_images/beige/icons/biggrin.gif
[uhoh2] = /shared/forum_images/beige/icons/uhoh2.gif
[livid] = /shared/forum_images/beige/icons/livid.gif
[uhoh3] = /shared/forum_images/beige/icons/uhoh3.gif
[bfrown] = /shared/forum_images/beige/icons/bfrown.gif
[disturbed] = /shared/forum_images/beige/icons/disturbed.gif

<font color=red>Markup Colors</font color=red>

[red] text [/red] Makes the given text <font color=red>red</font color=red>.
[green] text [/green] Makes the given text <font color=green>green</font color=green>.
[blue] text [/blue] Makes the given text <font color=blue>blue</font color=blue>.
[orange] text [/orange] Makes the given text <font color=orange>orange</font color=orange>.
[black] text [/black] Makes the given text <font color=black>black</font color=black>.
[white] text [/white] Makes the given text <font color=white>white</font color=white>.
[yellow] text [/yellow] Makes the given text <font color=yellow>yellow</font color=yellow>.
[purple] text [/purple] Makes the given text <font color=purple>purple</font color=purple>.

<center>

</center><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Scarlet Thief on 04/18/01 05:07 PM.</FONT></P>

G

<font color=red>LANGUAGE USE POLICY</font color=red>

The following words, or any variations thereof, including deliberate misspelling or letters replaced with symbols, are absolute no-no's:
S word, slang for feces.
F word, slang for copulation.
F word, slang for homosexuals.
A word followed by hole, slang for rectum.
Any slang references to human genitilia, male or female.
Any slang references to race/ethnicity.

You can have all the s you want in your post, as long as it isn't harrassing. If in doubt...take it out. It's better to be safe than sorry.

G

A reminder about EBAY links

They do not belong in the shard forums, but in the trade forum which you can find here. Please note that the trade forum and all other stratics forums follow the same RoC that we do, personal attacks not limited to calling other posters scammers or exploiters will not be tolerated.

G

Heated debates and personal attacks

I thought it would be a good idea to make this post, as the surge in activity and board warrioring lately means we have a few new people posting here who may not be aware of the rules around here (and also a few old people who may have forgotten them).

Rules Of Conduct, always a good read. It is, however, a guideline.

For pvp posts moderating is actually a little bit looser - mild flaming is not an issue AS LONG as it is in the vein of talking about in game things.

This is ok:
Yeah we roxxored at the harrower last night, ya'll got pwned!

This is not ok:
Yeah we roxxored at the harrower last night, ya'll got pwned and your mom is fat!

Personal attacks are never ok. Is it a personal attack to say so and so sucks at playing a mage (or whatever)? That depends on how it is said, but usually no, because it is about ingame stuff.

However, keep in mind also that repeatedly being obnoxious will result in getting a nastygram from me. By 'being obnoxious' I mean persistently arguing with someone else in a less than respectful manner, or continually making posts that are devoid of content but filled with repetitive and rude things.

Additionally - changing someone else's board name to make fun of them is a no-no. So you can't call me Sarsucks unless you have photographic evidence and then of course there's nothing I can do. Erm, ok lost my train of thought on that example just a bit.

SOO lets all just remember that posting on the boards is generally supposed to be fun for everyone, yes flaming people is fun for some but it's not always fun to get flamed. Nothing wrong with toning down a rough post, you can still get your point across without coming off like a jerk.

I'm going to leave this post open for a bit, maybe there is room for me to do things differently so that the board is more fun for everyone. I'm open to suggestions.

G

<font color="red">Notifying a Moderator and Administrator of a Post</font>

A feature that may be too unknown to our posters, or fogotten by others, is the "Notify Moderator" ability.

Located at the bottom of Every Post, in Every Thread, is this little Symbol:

What this does, when used, will take you to a new screen which will allow you to Notify the Moderator(s) Board Administrator(s) of that particular Forum. This will send a link to that post, as well along with any information you wish to comment on about why you feel the Post needs some Staff attention.

Please do not respect a reponce from every Notification you send. If a responce is needed, you will be contacted.

<font color="red">Contacting Administrators</font>

As stated in the Rules of Conduct:<blockquote>I. Bans and warnings are not to be discussed on the forums. Any inquiries or comments or bans are to be sent in private messages or via email. A moderator may choose to publicly inform the participants of a forum about bans and warnings if this is in the interest of the forum.

O. Unsolvable problems (including bannings) a participant has with a moderator are to be discussed with the UO Forum Administrators ([email protected])</blockquote>

You may view the list of Administrato(s), as well as Moderator(s), that are posistioned to handle the Baja Forums here:
Baja Forum Information

The Administrators are highlighted by the A symbolnext to their names:

Our Administrator, of the Baja Forums, is *zigzag*

Please do not discuss any actions of the Moderators or Administrators in the Forums. If you feel you must contact someone about an issue that is bothering you, please do not hesitate to contact the Forum Moderator(s), Administrator(s), or email contacting all the Administrators by emailing: [email protected]