• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Gustav Go Away!!

• Thread starter Cyrus Elmarel
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
C

Cyrus Elmarel

Hi guys, i was just checking in before i leave to go to my Dads house in Baton Rouge.

We are in the path also,but have been preparing since Friday.

(Tarps, plywood on windows, food, water, generator, fuel, flashlights, ice, charcoal, Budweiser)

Baton Rouge should be fine except for all the trees and power lines that will most likely fall (Not too much flooding to worry about),we can probably expect to spend about a week or so with out power if it goes like last time.

We will probably lose power some time in the morning,and i may not have access to the internet for a while.

Everyone in the area stay safe,and i wish you and your families good luck.

Cyrus

L

Luna du Selene

We are in the path also,but have been preparing since Friday.

(Tarps, plywood on windows, food, water, generator, fuel, flashlights, ice, charcoal, Budweiser)
:bowdown:
Seriously, it sounds as if you've properly prepared; I'll be thinking of you and others in the LA area and sending good vibes from the west coast of Florida. :hug:

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Stay safe and please check in with us when you can to let us know you're okay!!

*hugs*

L

Luna du Selene

Has anyone heard from Cyrus? I suspect the power might still be out in his area. Kinda worried about Ike, too... :sad3:

C

Cyrus Elmarel

Hi everyone, we finally got our power back yesterday and cable this morning.

Everyone in my family did ok with the storm,besides some metal on the roof and broken railings at my Dads house.

Alot of people in our area didnt fare as well and ill post some pictures of some of the damage that i took, if the power can stay on.

So, I just wanted to let everyone that was interested know that were sort of back and if the power doesnt go out again in the next day or so from Ike (blinked out 3 times this morning)we will be fine.

Feels so good to take a hot shower and lay around in the A/C *wink*

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It is so great to hear from you! Glad to hear you weathered the storm okay and we hope Hurricane Ike allows you to keep your power *smiles*
Check back when you can!

L

Luna du Selene

Happy to hear you survived Gustav relatively unscathed, Cyrus... hope you and our other Gulf Coast friends are safe from Ike.

C

Cyrus Elmarel

Hi guys,we just got our power back again this afternoon and here are some of the pictures i said i would post.

These are a few of the pictures that we took of Gustav in our area.

I ran out of batteries to take pictures of Ike but it was nothing like Gustav for us.

Makes us feel lucky that we didnt get the brunt of the path of Ike,and sorry for the ones that did.

I wish everyone having problems with both storms the best.

:grouphug:

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
wow sorry to see all that damage but thank you for showing us the pictures. It makes it all the more real and I'm so glad you are okay! Let's hope those in the path of Ike did okay too.

C

Cyrus Elmarel

Thanks everyone, lets hope the gulf coast wont get anymore storms for a while, at least this year anyway.

Ill post some more pictures as i go through them.

L

Luna du Selene

I hope the occupants of the mobile home evacuated before the storm; I'm sure it's mandatory in LA as it is here. Interesting pics, thanks for sharing... I didn't see any palm trees in the pics; do they not grow there?