• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

guild leadership question

J

jsparks347

isnt there a way for the guild leader to send a daily message to all players so they will see it when they log in? i thought i read that somewhere when they started the new guild system.

F

Fayled Dhreams

You mean like a "word of the day" at login ?? nope ...
but ... KB and KB(see: the words "message faction". ) might help

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This would be a very useful feature. Alas, it is not available. I'm forced to use ICQ to contact my crew. There currently is no other way.

Hawkeye Pike
The United Pirates (Catskills)

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree, that would be nice.
Also would be nice, if an inactive guild leader would be replaceable by an active one, if there is no emissary available to add more members to get the larger number of active players needed for election.
*Salute*
Olahorand

Anne

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes there should be a way to replace inactive guild leaders. Or at least to be able to elect an emissary when this happens.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is. Start a new guild, and allow the active members to quit the old guild and enter the new one. Seems pretty easy to get around...la

L

Lord Richard

isnt there a way for the guild leader to send a daily message to all players so they will see it when they log in? i thought i read that somewhere when they started the new guild system.
You could make a macro, and spam it out on the guild chat screen every min or so..although, some might find it annoying.

V

Visago

There is. Start a new guild, and allow the active members to quit the old guild and enter the new one. Seems pretty easy to get around...la
I believe you can also change your allegiance to another guild member. If 51% of the guild members change to that person, rather then the current GM, that person becomes the new guild master. By default all members have allegiance to the current GM when they join.

*edit*

I just looked it up in game. The way you do it is go into the guild roster, click on the blue gem next to the name of the player you want to have as the GM. In the dialog box that pops up, click on "vote for this member". IF the gm of a guild does this, that person automatically becomes the GM. If enough of the guild do it (I'm pretty sure it is 51%) then that person becomes the new GM by majority vote.

Kelline

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if an inactive guild leader would be replaceable by an active one, if there is no emissary available to add more members to get the larger number of active players needed for election.
cant have a vote IF u have no em to add ppl & u need 2/3 vote +1

so i f u have

33 members/ems/gm (ronins dont count)
itd be 33/3=11*2=22+1=23
ud need 23 votes

tis what i had to do & even thou i had 2/3 vote it still wouldnt til i had that 1 extra , go figure

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
cant have a vote IF u have no em to add ppl & u need 2/3 vote +1

so i f u have

33 members/ems/gm (ronins dont count)
itd be 33/3=11*2=22+1=23
ud need 23 votes

tis what i had to do & even thou i had 2/3 vote it still wouldnt til i had that 1 extra , go figure
I have a member in a guild, in which all members are inactive since late 2006. For historical reasons I don't want to throw that guild away.

As a single active member - shouldn't I have a 100% majority to take over the guild in this situation with my single vote?

*Salute*
Olahorand

Anne

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe a change that only members active in the last 30 days count for voting would work.

For some people it's very hard to give up a guild that has a long history and just start up a new one. To some it's just a name but to others it means so much more.