• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Guild creation dates?

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there a way to find out how old a guild is? Ive had a basic look on uo.com etc, but i havnt had any lucky. I'll be a little dissapointed if there's no way to find out.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We tried a couple years ago to determine the date our guild was started and couldn't find anything that indicates the game keeps track of such dates. UO.com doesn't either. We had to resort to searching the old Stratics/Siege forum to look for the thread and date that our previous GM announced he was leaving the game, as our new guild was created that same day.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jahira-Tor, if your guild was ever one of the largest ones on its shard or went to war with another guild, you might try the Internet Archive site, using the URL for the page on uo.com that lists the top guilds for a particular shard. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that you can use this method to find an archived copy of the page for a specific guild.

The Internet Archive site is at http://www.archive.org/index.php .

As an example of a URL that should work in the Internet Archive's search engine, I tried looking for what it has as history for Baja's top guilds page (i.e., http://town.uo.com/guilds/shard_5.html ). The earliest page it found was from November 28, 1999. The dates for the other more recent pages that were archived seem very random.

Good luck and I hope this helps at least a little.

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for that. The guild im looking for was at one point the largest on Oceania and it was only a month or so after creation so it will give me an idea of the creation month anyway. Thanks.