• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Guide to Optimize Performance with KR Client

• Thread starter Old Man of UO
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
O

Old Man of UO

I thought that I would post this here since not everyone who is interested makes it over to the KR forum.

If you are interested in running KR, or currently are running KR and want to make it run better (maybe), I've just posted a "rough" guide showing what I did to make it stable. Comments and experience to make it better are welcome and appreciated.

http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=122985

AND, if you have no interest in KR, don't like the graphics, etc., please be courteous to the rest of us. :please:

O

Old Man of UO

For the KR users (AND curious 2D users) who are still having trouble with client crashes... just trying to help others and get feedback on the changes to improve this guide. Thank you!

Update:

I haven't even run the disk defrag yet, but changing the refresh rate, turning shadows off, and changing the cache values... I haven't crashed ONCE. This is from someone who crashed reliably every 45 minutes.

Nice job!!

Big performance boost for me too. Thank you very much, Ol' Man! This got to be sticky - if it isn't already anywhere.

I had considerable performance collapses i.e. when mining with more than one pickaxe which really spoiled my fun with mining in general. Now, after the changes, I can mine even with four shovels without any issues.

So, thanks again. :thumbsup:

WHAT.THE.HECK.

Wow.... this looks SO much better, performance wise. EVERYONE NEEDS TO DO THIS. The entire screen actually flows now instead of being jumpy.... great work!