• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Guide on runics?

M

mookin1

Is there a guide on runic crafting? I can't find much info about it, I'd like to know how you get them, chances of making something good with them, does luck on your items effect it etc.

G

The Playguide page on runics is actually in reasonable shape these days, if I do say so myself. The whole item properties section has gotten a bunch of love lately - it's worth flipping through.

M

mookin1

How do you get runic kits and such though? I'm sure it has something to do with speaking to a tailor or blacksmith etc.

M

mookin1

Another way of putting it, if i wanted to get a heartwood runic fletching kit, how would I go about doing it?

G

Wow, just when I think the guide is almost ok... that's such a fundamental question it never occurred to me to wonder where the answer was written down!

Anyway, Tailoring and Smithing runics are rewards from the Bulk Order Deed system (which page explains quite a bit about BODs but not actually how to get them - click on a Tailor or a Blacksmith and choose "Bulk Order Info" from the context menu.

Fletching and Carpentry runics are rewards from quests in Heartwood (the Elven city - there's a teleporter in the middle of Yew, and you need the Mondain's Legacy expansion to go there.) Sadly, I don't actually have more detail on those quests right at hand, but I'm confident the rest of U.Hall will cover for me while I go write it on my to-do list

G

tailors and smiths can get runics from BOD turn-in I believe. The fletcher stuff is from the fletching tasks.

G

<blockquote><hr>

The Playguide page on runics is actually in reasonable shape these days, if I do say so myself. The whole item properties section has gotten a bunch of love lately - it's worth flipping through.

[/ QUOTE ]Yes, you're done a very good job updating many of these things. TY

D

davebobbit

are we allowed to mention external sites here? there is an awesome site which shows each reward for your bod turn-ins... Im sure most of the crafting population know and use this site...

G

<blockquote><hr>

Sadly, I don't actually have more detail on those quests right at hand, but I'm confident the rest of U.Hall will cover for me while I go write it on my to-do list

[/ QUOTE ]

What about uoguide.com?