• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] Guide on crafting cheap all 70 resist 100LRC garg suit

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First of all, 4 parts armor suit with 100% LRC is possible only with using AOF, so this guide about creating 70LRC suit with use Pedant of Magi (it have rest 30LRC). You need tailor with GM armslore to get better base resists on pre-imbued parts, tailoring talisman is preffered too.

Base resists on gargoyle leather suit are 5/6/7/6/6. Cheap imbue uses 90% properties only, so cheap imbued max are 18/19/20/19/19. Since I want to add LRC, I should use 4 imbues for resists and 5th for LRC. So, each armor part should have one resist not imbued. There are numbers:
phys 70-3*18=16
fire 70-3*19=13
cold 70-3*20=10
poison 70-3*19=13
energy 70-3*19=13

My goal is to craft armor parts with exc+armslore bonus equal or more than above numbers at least on one resist.

There is real example of what I got after 20 tries:
chest 8/9/10/13/10
arms 7/10/11/9/13
legs 9/13/10/8/10
kilt 12/6/11/8/13

Next, I imbue each item 4 resists, there are numbers (bold - untouched mods):
chest 18/19/20/13/19
arms 16/19/11/19/19
legs 18/13/20/19/19
kilt 18/19/19/19/13

Finally, I imbue 17-18 LRC on parts to get 70LRC total:
chest 17 LRC
arms 18 LRC
legs 17 LRC
kilt 18 LRC

Total resources used including failures:
around 200 leather (recycled unwanted pieces)
87 diamond
24 fire ruby
120 sapphire
56 emerald
88 amethyst
175 amber
267 residue
No rare stuff used.

you may replace 70 LRC to other wanted properties, one per part. Like 7+7 stam increase and 2+2 stam regen.

The Scandinavian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi there,

well done on guide.
How many points is max that you can add from esxcep bonus before it will count as a property?

In your guide it seems like 7 is max(13-6).Have you tested if its the same for ordinary leather armor?

Isnt that base resist total incredible high?
30 compered to ordinary base resist total at pesky 15.
Oh my gosh.

Regards
The Scandinavian

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its gargish armor, it have 30 base.
I had some pieces with like 17 fire resist (6 base +11 bonus), since runic not used it not counted as property for imbuing.

The Scandinavian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its gargish armor, it have 30 base.
I had some pieces with like 17 fire resist (6 base +11 bonus), since runic not used it not counted as property for imbuing.
Hi again,

I asked because in other threads they say that even if using non runic tools resist counts as property above a certain number.
Maybe I missunderstood.

Regards
The Scandinavian

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
is there somewhere that has a chart that tells you what the base+max w/arms lore resists can be on armor?? this would be handy in making armor imbued.

phys 70-3*18=16
fire 70-3*19=13
cold 70-3*20=10
poison 70-3*19=13
energy 70-3*19=13

how did you get this? and this is for gargoyle armor? what about reg armor?

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Reread few times. Ok, 18=13+5. Max cheap imbue for resist is 13, more require boura pelt. Base phys resist on gargoyle leather is 5.

TullyMars

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just for clarification...
Did you use 24 fire ruby (as posted) or did you use 24 ruby for the fire resist (what I think you meant)?

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
along the same lines.

i saw a suit for sale on ATL.

was one of those Red Plate suits that you got off the Generals on the invasion last year.

fella put 18 LRC on each piece and then added on the resists.

cause the suit was the same as a NPC purchased one there was no counts against the weight when it was started (im assuming)

so in the end, a real unique red plate suit with 100 LRC and all 70's.

i purchased it cause it was neat and put it on my Lumberjack.
now he can sac journey around without eating tithing gold and if i run into anything while out lumberjacking i dont take much damge.

so i can take my time and enjoy carving the critter to pieces with me axe.

a nifty idea some fella had, thought id share it.

enjoy.

Poo

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are many possible variations of it ...

- witout using the pendant: gargoyle neclaces are coming with base resists (1/2/2/2/3) + exceptional bonus
- now you can use special leather/materials before you start imbuing

I ended up with using two imbues per piece to bring a suit up to all 70's with 100% LRC. Out of those 12 imbues 6 went for the LRC. So theres plenty of room left for a fully trained imbuer. (I havent used any dropped components, so all propertys are still below 90%.) On some shards ppl are selling such suits for around 100k. With 10-charge-pofs selling for 120-130k its not even worth to use it on such suits.

- if you include the pendant like suggested, you can easily include other mods to the max like lmc 40% (10% pendant, 10% scrappers, 10% totem, 10% imbued or per jewelry or sash if you are rich)
- if you include pendant, scrappers and jewelry its possible to build all 70's, 50 sdi, 2/6 FC-FCR, 40% LMC, 8 MR. You should start with 1/5 on the ring bracelet combo with at minimum 1/0 & 0/3 on two or one piece for avoiding 100% intensity imbues. Both jewelry parts can have resists or sdi on them, course that is what gets imbued onto them. (You will lack dci, skillboni and mageweapon but that suit is still cheap to imbue. Though you need up to 15 relic fragments for it for lmc and fcr 2 depending on your starting jewelry and if you can include sash/totem for the lmc.)

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
What are you all doing with the earring slot now that it is medable? Are you still using this method and then just putting mods in all five earrings slots (i.e. MR, Mana Inc, HP Inc, HP Regen, LMC)? I realize these would have to be created by a tinker (for exceptional) unlike the other armor parts which are made by a tailor.

-OBSIDIAN-