• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Guard wacked in VvV towns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello, Reds/Greys are still getting guardwacked in VvV towns when the NPC guards walk into fields or are hit by area spells. The guards are wondering about in Moonglow, Minoc, and Skara Brae.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you had been saying you were a blue character trying to fish the shores of Britain bank, and a guard walked up to you said.."Vile fisherman, why art thou fishing on my shores?" *Thwak*! Then were guard whacked! You'd have a better response. They stopped caring about VvV the day after it came out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
It's really sad and I fear it is one of the reasons we have so few reds on Siege, it really need a fix, when VvV battle town, guards should take a break.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I complained about this day one, since most of my mages are red. Still no fix... months and months and months later.

Maybe if I approached my complaint as a wandering noob red miner (red only for rp purposes only of course), who was killed by a guard walking into my field, that I only used to kill a earth elemental, that followed me for 8 screens because I am that weak. And well I died.. AND IT HAS RUINED MY GAMEPLAY!! And now I will quit for ever and ever and ever unless it gets fixed now!!

Thats the proper way to complain about stuff now right?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I complained about this day one, since most of my mages are red. Still no fix... months and months and months later.

Maybe if I approached my complaint as a wandering noob red miner (red only for rp purposes only of course), who was killed by a guard walking into my field, that I only used to kill a earth elemental, that followed me for 8 screens because I am that weak. And well I died.. AND IT HAS RUINED MY GAMEPLAY!! And now I will quit for ever and ever and ever unless it gets fixed now!!

Thats the proper way to complain about stuff now right?
Sounds about right. It's one of those buggy things which makes me very adamant about not having VvV in Tram. There are WAY too many bugs to make you flag when you don't realize it or have no clue WTF you did to flag all the sudden and there are way too many ways to "trick" someone into flagging by exploiting it and there are FAR too many bugs to get you killed for no real reason.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Sounds about right. It's one of those buggy things which makes me very adamant about not having VvV in Tram. There are WAY too many bugs to make you flag when you don't realize it or have no clue WTF you did to flag all the sudden and there are way too many ways to "trick" someone into flagging by exploiting it and there are FAR too many bugs to get you killed for no real reason.
That bug would not effect Trammel as there won't be VvV battle towns in Trammel. Stop making every tread to a "don't put VvV in Trammel", this thread have nothing to do with VvV in Trammel !

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
@Kyronix , Are there any plans to fix this soon?

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
SOON GUYS! SOON........ STOP COMPLAINING!

J. E. Tamer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OOC:
While you're fixing bugs, can you fix classic client so that right mouse button is used only for walking / running? It's too easy to lose spell icons etc the way it is now. (Periodic complaint for years and years now.)

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In addition to fixing getting guard whacked during VvV fights can we please pretty please with sugar and syrup and stuff on top get the town bonus in fel? Just put the town stones in Felucca towns too! Pretty please @Kyronix

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got guard wacked 2 times in an active VvV town today and a guild mate one time. And one of the two times I was put in stat loss as it was during battle, please fix.

StressBall

Adventurer
Can we get new vvv rewards please?, Can you please make the war horses have rainbow tails and curlers in there manes, perhaps smoking a cigarette? Thanks

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We've got a bug push in the works and hope to have issues such as this addressed then.
Can you also push in the High Seas changes for those of us that don't really care about pet revamps ?

:pirate:

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
3 of us guardwacked in active moonglow, and also in Occlo as soon as the town finished.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kyronix said the bug fix was "in the works" back in November 2015. We are only in September 2017. Give them some time, dammm.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Kyronix actually said 'issues such as this' he didn't say this issue specifically...:p

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please send as many specific details of the issue you are encountering to [email protected]

Thanks!
It's still be the same issue from 2 years ago: AoE spells or field spells, if you're red/gray, will affect the wandering NPC guards in town. You may not necessarily die instantly, but you will likely die, because they do over 100 damage a hit.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please send as many specific details of the issue you are encountering to [email protected]

Thanks!
What are you talking about?

There is a picture of one of the guards on the original post. When you hit them by accident (with area effects when crim or red) they wack you. Can't you just get a GM or EM to delete them?

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

There is a picture of one of the guards on the original post. When you hit them by accident (with area effects when crim or red) they wack you. Can't you just get a GM or EM to delete them?
Question if they delete the guards what about the non VvV players in the towns can they still call "guards"
I take my crafters to fel for resources would suck to keep getting pked over and over with no guard zones

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
dear trammel player, you go orange in an active VvV town if you're not in VvV, and even before you go orange, you can be murdered and calling the guards won't do anything, it's a non guardzone.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Details would include,
Date, time, shard, and character name involved in the issue. Status of the character, are you in VvV? Were you flagged as orange for engaging on someone in VvV? What is the notoriety status of the character (red, gray, otherwise-blue). What spell did you cast, did you receive any messaging after casting that spell? What was the status of the VvV match at the time you cast that spell.

There are hundreds of variables involved in every situation, and we need to be as exact as possible to reproduce, fix, and verify the issue is resolved. We also do not track bugs through Stratics. Please send the requested details to the aforementioned e-mail. Thanks!

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Details would include,
Date, time, shard, and character name involved in the issue. Status of the character, are you in VvV? Were you flagged as orange for engaging on someone in VvV? What is the notoriety status of the character (red, gray, otherwise-blue). What spell did you cast, did you receive any messaging after casting that spell? What was the status of the VvV match at the time you cast that spell.

There are hundreds of variables involved in every situation, and we need to be as exact as possible to reproduce, fix, and verify the issue is resolved. We also do not track bugs through Stratics. Please send the requested details to the aforementioned e-mail. Thanks!
But it's so simple, just delete the guards that are walking about that you accidently hit when criminal/red, with ANY area effect spell or potion or anything, VvV or not VvV, i'm not the only one who gets hit by this. And it's any time of day. any shard, flagged or not flagged.

Status
Not open for further replies.