• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Gardening] Growing reagents

M

mutau

Since we use so many reagents to make the potions to keep the plants healthy, i wish we could grow the plant variety reagents, like mandrake, nightshade and ginseng.

M

mutau

I was also thinking of new gathering methods for the other reagents,
Shoreline Fishing for the black pearls, maybe grow some oysters for the pearls? Use those green nets near shore will haul in oysters?
Using something like the chicken coop forthe spider silk farming, or have a den where they mass spawn.
Using a blade on a tree could give scrapings of bloodmoss.
digging/mining near lava might give the Ash..
Garlic is grown by gardening.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The closest you can get right now is using green thorns on dirt to get reagents (I think dirt, might be grass?) So kind of a plant growers cycle of life there. If they ever put in reagent growing though I don't think it would be any sort of massive quantities, they tend to do really low levels of stuff (like 10 enhanced bandies a day or a dozen regs from the cat statue).

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They do need to do something to make getting regeants in quantity easier.

My last attempt I gave up on because it was proving to be a waste of time. I was running a dozen npc vendors starting a loop every half hour and wasn't getting squat for the time investment. Some vendors doubled their stock, some stocked only the 20, some that had doubled the last time dropped back half instead of doubling the next time. The vendor restock times need to be consistant.

The time I was regeant buying prior to the last time, just buying nightshade & garlic for plant growing, I had to spend 17 hours at it due to the quantities dropping instead of doubling. 7 am to midnight running npc vendor loops buying regeants. Boring to say the least. I suspose if they want to discourage alchemy, scroll-making and plant growing this is the way to do it.

Of course, newbie alchemy is already discouaged by bottle prices. Who is going to spend the hours of play to get enough sand to make 1000 bottles to drop a vendors bottle price 1 gp? The developers should at least have the vendors pay a price for player potions that is higher than the price of making the potions. Something that is more than the price of bottles on that vendor at least.

Mr.StinkyPants

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well getting regs on siege is a pain in the ass if ur red, so the way ive been doing it is green thorns and it works out pretty well, but what if i want necro regs? shouldn't i be able to plant a green thorn in a grave yard and poof necro regs! thats my wish...

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mr. Stinky Pants, since you're on Siege, I assume you can take your red character anywhere. Try killing Undead Guardians and Putrid Undead Guardians in the Tomb of Kings in Ter Mur. They drop an absolutely obscene amount of necro reagents. You will be amazed.

The Tomb of Kings is, more or less, south of the Royal City, basically at the "bottom" of Ter Mur if you run down from the moongate outside of Royal City. When you get inside, you have to say a key word to drop the fields blocking your way past the entry room. Say "anord" on the east (right) side and "ord" on the west (left) side while standing near the firepits in the floor. If you want to open up the rooms on the side, try flipping the levers in the entry room. I've never figured out which levers open which rooms. I usually just flip all the switches on one side and then come back later and flip all the switches on the other side.

To walk out of the Tomb of Kings, once you get past the fields, go to the last tiled room and use the sparkly gate on the west side of the room. That teleports you back to the chamber at the front.

Mr.StinkyPants

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mr. Stinky Pants, since you're on Siege, I assume you can take your red character anywhere. Try killing Undead Guardians and Putrid Undead Guardians in the Tomb of Kings in Ter Mur. They drop an absolutely obscene amount of necro reagents. You will be amazed.

The Tomb of Kings is, more or less, south of the Royal City, basically at the "bottom" of Ter Mur if you run down from the moongate outside of Royal City. When you get inside, you have to say a key word to drop the fields blocking your way past the entry room. Say "anord" on the east (right) side and "ord" on the west (left) side while standing near the firepits in the floor. If you want to open up the rooms on the side, try flipping the levers in the entry room. I've never figured out which levers open which rooms. I usually just flip all the switches on one side and then come back later and flip all the switches on the other side.

To walk out of the Tomb of Kings, once you get past the fields, go to the last tiled room and use the sparkly gate on the west side of the room. That teleports you back to the chamber at the front.

yes i have been told this but i am a poor poor man and have not yet upgraded to sa :( but the info is always welcome :D

but i still think it would be cool if green thorns + grave yards = necro regs

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yes i have been told this but i am a poor poor man and have not yet upgraded to sa :( but the info is always welcome :D

Okay, here's another idea. Pull up the Advanced Search page for the Hunter's Guide on Stratics (http://uo.stratics.com/database/search.php?db_content=hunters) and then type the word "necro" in the Loot field (second field from the top). Click the Search button at the bottom.

You should then get a list of monsters that drop necro reagents as part of their loot.

Hope that helps.

Lorax_Pacific

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

You can go to that spot without the upgrade. You just can't get through the red gate into the abyss. Just say ord on the left fire to get past.

-Lorax

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can go to that spot without the upgrade. You just can't get through the red gate into the abyss. Just say ord on the left fire to get past.

-Lorax
I don't think this is correct. When I use a character on an account that doesn't have the Stygian Abyss upgrade, I get the message, "You are not allowed to travel there" if I try to use a rune marked in Ter Mur. Also, when using the moongate system with such a character, Ter Mur doesn't even show up as an option. And you cannot get into the Underworld via the entrance on the Isle of Fire in Trammel (no message though). You would probably have the same result if you tried to get into the Abyss from the entrances in the Hythloth and Deceit dungeons in Fel....can't pass through and no message explaining why.

Mr.StinkyPants

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think this is correct. When I use a character on an account that doesn't have the Stygian Abyss upgrade, I get the message, "You are not allowed to travel there" if I try to use a rune marked in Ter Mur. Also, when using the moongate system with such a character, Ter Mur doesn't even show up as an option. And you cannot get into the Underworld via the entrance on the Isle of Fire in Trammel (no message though). You would probably have the same result if you tried to get into the Abyss from the entrances in the Hythloth and Deceit dungeons in Fel....can't pass through and no message explaining why.
whats trammel?:confused:

M

mutau

Doom Guardian Liches are good for necros. If you can get a rune to the inner hallway, that helps. If not, run like hell from the door.

But I really like the idea of thorns in a graveyard.

What if they made some npc herbalists farm where reagents are grown? Similar to the Yew Sheep farms. You plant a thorn there and get better results than other areas outside. But you are limited to 5 thorns a UO day.

legendsguy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i love the idea of growing reagents. that being said, other than.. ahem, siege, does anyone actually use reagents? 100% suits and arcane robes have pretty much made them obsolete.

then again, you gotta have them for inscription and alchemy, sooo. but yeah, i like the idea. just make sure for our hard work we get a fair amount of reagents, at least 100 per.

Mr.StinkyPants

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i love the idea of growing reagents. that being said, other than.. ahem, siege, does anyone actually use reagents? 100% suits and arcane robes have pretty much made them obsolete.

then again, you gotta have them for inscription and alchemy, sooo. but yeah, i like the idea. just make sure for our hard work we get a fair amount of reagents, at least 100 per.

yeah on siege we dont always get to keep our sweet lrc suits so regs come in handy

Faerunner

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mr. StinkyPants has a good point. Siege makes things harder. I just started there and I'm already tired of gathering regs off the ground... and I'm not even -using- them yet! Would be nice to know that I could grow regs for alchemy.

Still, at least we have thorns.