• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Griefed Yet Again =[

Status
Not open for further replies.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I guess I'm of the "older" generation... don't know when that happened. *curses time*...

But when I first started I saw I suppose the vision that the game was based on moral principles... I happen to believe in those principles and believe that no matter what ... someone is always watching... Karma... I believe in that as well. And I've always believed in what my father instilled in me "you reap what you sow."... My father wasn't much of one for Church and all but he always believed the 10 commandments were a pretty fair set of rules to live by. I try to do that... sure sometimes it's hard... occasionally we falter... but in the end I would hope that I've been a decent person... and I extend those principles in-game as well as out. If that makes others think less of me... then they have my sympathy, but it won't change me.

People often say that the internet brings out the worst in people... because of it's anonymity... I hope that people realize at the end of the day when all is said and done it's whatever you can sleep with at night and between you and your beliefs I suppose. I find comfort in mine.

Edit: And by far I guess I play UO for the Fun, Friendships, and joy it brings... part of that joy is giving joy to others... I should hope that I'm not in the minority on that.

I don't play to be irritated, bored, vindictive, or to vent anger upon others who have done nothing to me... I try to treat people as they do me or in accordance with their actions... treat cheaters as cheaters and never give them trust... put people who have more mouth than brains on ignore... etc...

Last edited:

Shandara

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I personally don't understand why @Mesanna is doing nothing here. No other game I play is as bad as UO. Those trolls know they get away with it 100% of the time.
$$$$ because they pay to have their accounts active and hide behind their computers

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
$$$$ because they pay to have their accounts active and hide behind their computers
If someone tried to tell me how to do something and then argued back and forth with me, yea, I would begin to get sarcastic and poke at them a bit in fun maybe irritating them. So no, that's a myth. I'd troll people that act that way in real life too. I think the real people acting different are those that insist on helping people when it's already been answered.

Morgana Grim

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I personally don't understand why @Mesanna is doing nothing here. No other game I play is as bad as UO. Those trolls know they get away with it 100% of the time.
There is a lovely feature that @Mesanna has added, it's called ignore. I don't know exactly what people want done. Who is "right" and who is "wrong" often times is subjective. There would be so much backlash if people started getting banned for things typed in chat, based on being right or wrong. Accusations of favoritism would be flying more than already happen.

We play a game where it's perfectly fine to murder and steal from other players. You can murder or steal but don't type anything that might hurt their feelings, don't use "foul" language, and OMG don't ever Ever EVER disagree with someone who happened to type a phrase out first in chat. Oh yeah and probably a good idea to not use caps. / sarcasm
Feelings again are subjective. How is anyone suppose to know who will go on a crying jag simply because it's said their answer was wrong?

So many people are quick to call someone a troll or griefer, if they have a different opinion and chose to voice that opinion. If someone isn't breaking any ToS, then they have just as much right to type in a chat as the person who gets offended by it. If you chose to not let something affect your game time then no one "got away" with anything. When you page, a Dev will tell you to use the ignore feature if that person is not breaking any ToS. THAT is why people stop paging. They want something done to people who hurt their feelings and that's just not going to happen. If you are offended, stop engaging, use ignore...that's what it's for.

Gnoopey

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I have sat in HELP chat for years and helped people by answering their questions, gold, armor,vendors and guild. The game is dying and have not heard a peep for 3 nights now. (Atlantic) SO tonight a person asked how to look at quest in CC and I tell them click there paper doll and someone else tells them I'm wrong , tells them a different way and proceeds to make fun of my name. I try to explain its confusing enough and went to look for this person at Haven. Eventually this person admits they are also the one asking the question. *sigh* Meanwhile at Haven one of my friends Max is there and I tell him what happened and he has joined another guild. While talking to him another new player wanted to know how to talk in Guild. I told them and another new player from this same guild told me to be quiet that Max is an Emmy and they wanted an answer from him. He still had not answered so I told this person Back Slash. They did thank me as the other guild member went away muttering insults being old, grandma and that I should tend to my knitting and grandchildren.
Then back in Help Chat yet another person says my name stands for trash and I try to force my know it all attitude on everyone.
Wow 20 years.......I have closed one account and I am speeding up closing another. I cant handle the as someone told me "IN YOUR FACE" generation. I guess I don't belong anymore. A player told me also that its not 1993 anymore and I needed a different game.
From my point of view / my memory, the original question in the HELP channel on Atlantic was something like that ... "How do I access the quest LOG ...?" and I immediately answered something like ... "left click onto yourself and choose "View Quest Log" ... while Philly's avatar answered what she described above ... so both answers were ... 'correct' (!) ... but to my amazement Philly's avatar almost immediately 'jumped onto me' and said to everybody in that channel that my answer was WRONG!

Of course that made me a bit mad - as it was during my already late night and I was sleepy but I knew, that my answer was correctly describing on how to access the quest log of the old quest system like for e.g. the solen quests! But also obviously, Phillys avatar missed that point completely! Even after I tried to explain that a bit later.

So I answered with *rolling eyes* for the first time and then Philly's avatar who's name was something with A... IIRC went on and asked me if I knew what the "CC" is and I answered ... "of course, that means "Carbon Copy" *rolls eyes* and it went on and I purposely mistyped the A... avatars name ... so that Philly felt "herself" "insulted" and I just *sighed* and fell silent for the first time.

Possibly come over to Europa, and take a look at the RAAM guild, they are a lovely guild, and you may find like minded individuals.

Atlantic has sort of become the dross house of all the shards, where everything that is wrong with UO currently is focussing.
This is why most people avoid Global chat channels in UO, they are just full of spite and drama, real life has enough of that, I just keep it turned off. :(
+1 to joining Europa, in RAA or RAAM, you will be very welcomed there!!
Folks - I quote the three post snippets above on purpose - as we're guild and alliance mates on Europa and we 'know' each other for years - unlike Philly and my own avatar on Atlantic - as you might know, that my playtime is on Europa for at least 90% ...

I guess Philly and myself were just fed up and tired and that that 'conversation' went down the drain way too fast - perhaps also because Philly was actively trying to communicate on various channels at the same time ...

Like Poo, I'm also a 'smart ass' most times - IRL and also in UO. But my beard is white and I should know 'better' ;-) So I really try to apologize once again! Mea culpa, mea maxima culpa!

You apparently seen something else. 1. I was not in General Chat (was prob my troll stealer of my name. 2. No one was talking in all Caps. 3. This conversation all took place in Haven at haven bank. 4. You are wrong on all accounts and saying you like this stuff doesn't make you very like able and apparently one of all who above has describe. Now you should be happy you got mmmmm confrontation from me back???? You are wrong on all accounts Sir.
1. & 2. correct! 3. My part of the 'conversation' was all from the bottom of Shamel level 5 at the crazed mage site, where I was busy with a "trainee" pet of my wannabee tamer. My part of the 'conversation' was in HELP channel on Atlantic exclusively because I didnt' want to leave that training session down there.

Sorry that I haven't seen all this earlier! Come to Europa Philly - as my mates already tried to persuade you and you'll 'see', that I'm way better known there than on ATL - there's even another "Regin avatar" there. Although the Regin on Europa is in mystic artificier 'configuration' while the Regin on Atlantic is a disco bard tamer wannabee at the moment. All the Regin's constantly monitor the HELP channel(s) - whereever I'm logged in with a Regin 'instance'. There's Regin's on Europa, Drachenfels, Atlantic, Lake Superior, Chesapeake, Catskills, Origin and even on Siege Perilous - all are gargoyles in various 'roles'.

Sorry also to Petra and Melchiah and even Aj - "holy cow" ;-)

[EDIT]MalagAste - you and me once had a longer "meeting" at the same place down in Shame - although my tamer avatar on GL is not a Regin but a Vidar 'instance' ...[/EDIT]

Last edited:

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
From my point of view / my memory, the original question in the HELP channel on Atlantic was something like that ... "How do I access the quest LOG ...?" and I immediately answered something like ... "left click onto yourself and choose "View Quest Log" ... while Philly's avatar answered what she described above ... so both answers were ... 'correct' (!) ... but to my amazement Philly's avatar almost immediately 'jumped onto me' and said to everybody in that channel that my answer was WRONG!

Of course that made me a bit mad - as it was during my already late night and I was sleepy but I knew, that my answer was correctly describing on how to access the quest log of the old quest system like for e.g. the solen quests! But also obviously, Phillys avatar missed that point completely! Even after I tried to explain that a bit later.

So I answered with *rolling eyes* for the first time and then Philly's avatar who's name was something with A... IIRC went on and asked me if I knew what the "CC" is and I answered ... "of course, that means "Carbon Copy" *rolls eyes* and it went on and I purposely mistyped the A... avatars name ... so that Philly felt "herself" "insulted" and I just *sighed* and fell silent for the first time.

Folks - I quote the three post snippets above on purpose - as we're guild and alliance mates on Europa and we 'know' each other for years - unlike Philly and my own avatar on Atlantic - as you might know, that my playtime is on Europa for at least 90% ...

I guess Philly and myself were just fed up and tired and that that 'conversation' went down the drain way too fast - perhaps also because Philly was actively trying to communicate on various channels at the same time ...

Like Poo, I'm also a 'smart ass' most times - IRL and also in UO. But my beard is white and I should know 'better' ;-) So I really try to apologize once again! Mea culpa, mea maxima culpa!

1. & 2. correct! 3. My part of the 'conversation' was all from the bottom of Shamel level 5 at the crazed mage site, where I was busy with a "trainee" pet of my wannabee tamer. My part of the 'conversation' was in HELP channel on Atlantic exclusively because I didnt' want to leave that training session down there.

Sorry that I haven't seen all this earlier! Come to Europa Philly - as my mates already tried to persuade you and you'll 'see', that I'm way better known there than on ATL - there's even another "Regin avatar" there. Although the Regin on Europa is in mystic artificier 'configuration' while the Regin on Atlantic is a disco bard tamer wannabee at the moment. All the Regin's constantly monitor the HELP channel(s) - whereever I'm logged in with a Regin 'instance'. There's Regin's on Europa, Drachenfels, Atlantic, Lake Superior, Chesapeake, Catskills, Origin and even on Siege Perilous - all are gargoyles in various 'roles'.

Sorry also to Petra and Melchiah and even Aj - "holy cow" ;-)

[EDIT]MalagAste - you and me once had a longer "meeting" at the same place down in Shame - although my tamer avatar on GL is not a Regin but a Vidar 'instance' ...[/EDIT]
See all this? Exactly what I described. This is why bans shouldn't happen for trolling. This population of players doesn't know what they are seeing 90% of the time. If they are upset at something in their singular view, it MUST BE BANNED. This is just a case of "I'm more righter so lets fight it out back and forth." This is prime time for trolls. One of you will end up so worked up it's funny.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
This thread has run its course, as it is toeing the line of airing publicly disputes or grievances.

As said previously here, there's are several options in game to utilize if you feel you are being griefed or harassed. For help with more severe cases of cyber bullying/stalking, you can always contact broadsword directly for assistance and intervention. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.