• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS GRI turns 16

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As of March 15 this year, GRI is 16 years old.

The Gentle Rest Inn was founded in 1998 and for many years it has helped many players grow in UO and Catskills and has remained a top membership contender for most of it's duration.

GRI was a large guild which took on large projects and played a key role in the development of Catskills over the years. It became recognized as a guild which helped new players get adapted to UO by providing LRC suits, full spell books, new player items, training and hunting and therefore potentially kept them playing longer. This was recognized by the Developers and the Inn northeast of New Haven Bank was renamed from "The Lion's Den" to "Gentle Rest," not just on Catskills, but on all other shards as well. Many current and former GRI still exist today.

The official birthday was March 15 1998 and many players of past, present and future have interacted with the guild in some shape or form, myself included.

The guild today still exists and has a small but tight knit group of quiet players who remain active. The official Headquarters "The Eye of the Storm" is located within Olympus (north of Trinsic, Trammel), however the building has not been used in a guild capacity for quite some time. Former territories included New Magincia, Felucca and prior to that, the peninsula far northeast of Yew. One might occasionally run into GRI members in their travels, however some of the members do not display their guild tag.

Belgarion

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
There's lots of nice guilds here now.

True. I apologize for not being more specific. What i should've said was its a shame there are no guilds geared towards pvm for the new and returning players. There are plenty of pvp guilds and true enough there are people that will help new players with gear and gold etc. I've been looking for a guild for 4 months since returning to this game that's pvm and willing to help new and returning players.

On a side note maybe guilds that recruit could have recruitment days, I was told K^S was a good pvm guild but i asked 4 members if their guild was recruiting and all said "I don't know" and recalled away :)

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
True. I apologize for not being more specific. What i should've said was its a shame there are no guilds geared towards pvm for the new and returning players. There are plenty of pvp guilds and true enough there are people that will help new players with gear and gold etc. I've been looking for a guild for 4 months since returning to this game that's pvm and willing to help new and returning players.

On a side note maybe guilds that recruit could have recruitment days, I was told K^S was a good pvm guild but i asked 4 members if their guild was recruiting and all said "I don't know" and recalled away :)
Come and hang out. Do some hunts with us. Meet the crew. If all works out we will add you after a few days.

Blind Tom the Pirate

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As of March 15 this year, GRI is 16 years old.

The Gentle Rest Inn was founded in 1998 and for many years it has helped many players grow in UO and Catskills and has remained a top membership contender for most of it's duration.

GRI was a large guild which took on large projects and played a key role in the development of Catskills over the years. It became recognized as a guild which helped new players get adapted to UO by providing LRC suits, full spell books, new player items, training and hunting and therefore potentially kept them playing longer. This was recognized by the Developers and the Inn northeast of New Haven Bank was renamed from "The Lion's Den" to "Gentle Rest," not just on Catskills, but on all other shards as well. Many current and former GRI still exist today.

The official birthday was March 15 1998 and many players of past, present and future have interacted with the guild in some shape or form, myself included.

The guild today still exists and has a small but tight knit group of quiet players who remain active. The official Headquarters "The Eye of the Storm" is located within Olympus (north of Trinsic, Trammel), however the building has not been used in a guild capacity for quite some time. Former territories included New Magincia, Felucca and prior to that, the peninsula far northeast of Yew. One might occasionally run into GRI members in their travels, however some of the members do not display their guild tag.
Well said friend, and thank you for this post! "Happy 16th Birthday" to GRI present and former members of which Gothic Ghost is a former member. Thank you for all you did GRI in assisting new players and hosting events on Catskills.