• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Greetings!

• Thread starter Dor of Sonoma
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Sonoma player before Trammel was even a concept, veteran of many a night of pk griefing (*long* before secure housing) at the YMCA, and all-around Felucca advocate. She wont even *go* to Trammel.

Trust me on this one

[/ QUOTE ]agreed, if we have to have a mod from a standard shard, this is the one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dor is an incarnation of the Goddess on Earth. She will make you run away and join the gypsies! She can read your mind! And she doesn't like Trammel... what more could you want in a mod?

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone tell that to this crybaby

[/ QUOTE ]

Salt is one of those people who have half a good idea, but it all turns quickly to idiocy and senseless ranting because hes full of anger, [censored] and himself. Thats my 0.02.

Dor is an awesome lady, and I would swear fealty to her if she declared herself Queen of Siege Perilous.

M

Mandolin

<blockquote><hr>

Dor is an awesome lady, and I would swear fealty to her if she declared herself Queen of Siege Perilous.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ughh.. setting myself up for a flaming.. but to be honest.. I'd do the same thing.

G

Good to see you Dor.

Here's a story to start you off.

<blockquote><center>

They were together in the House.

Just the two of them.

It was a cold, dark, stormy night. The storm had come quickly

and

each time the thunder boomed he watched her jump.

She looked across the room and admired his strong appearance...and

wished that he would take her in his arms, comfort her and protect her

from the storm.

She wanted that..more than anything.

Suddenly, with a pop, the power went out... She screamed...

He raced to the sofa where she was cowering.

He didn't hesitate to pull her into his arms.

He knew this was a forbidden union and

expected her to pull back.

He was surprised when she didn't resist but instead clung to him.

The storm raged on...as did their growing passion And

there came a moment when each knew that they had to be together.

They knew it was wrong...

Their families would never understand... So consumed were

they in their passion that they heard no opening

of doors...just the faint click of a camera......

</center>
</blockquote>

<center>Welcome to the 13th floor.</center>

M

Mandolin

Awww crap Se'an.. I almost pee'd myelf... best post of the day award to you.. *still laughing*

D

Dor of Sonoma

<blockquote><hr>

...and I would swear fealty to her if she declared herself Queen of Siege Perilous.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heavens forfend! I have no such desire whatsoever. As a matter of fact, after almost 8 years of playing, the original Dor has yet to acquire the title of "Lady"...which is a good thing, as she'd have to immediately kill herself repeatedly to get rid of such an appellation. *shudders*

I do thank you and Ru for the testimonials, however. *grins*

D

Dor of Sonoma

Feyre, of course I remember Ginsing Rush. :)

It's gratifying to see that you found a good home.

As far as my character name goes...I would prefer to continue playing here anonymously, so that my character is judged on its own merit, rather than that of being a Mod's avatar or whatever. When all of that baggage gets dragged ingame, it really cuts down on enjoyable play for me. When everyone starts either kissing yer ass or killing you on sight (depending on their proclivities), it tends to rather limit one's options...and just takes up a whole lot of valuable time.

I do realize the longheld tradition here, of owning your own rep ingame and on the boards. I also understand the reasoning behind it, as it does tend for a more tightly-knit community. However...in my particular circumstance (and as I've no interest in being specifically affiliated with any particular group, town or guild ingame), I would hope that an exception will be entertained.

I dunno...I am not trying to be a wuss here. My intention is to remain neutral, and therefore a more effective mediator--and it just seems like that would be easier playing anonymously. What do you think?

F

Feyre

Heh, i can live with that, but your life/pack isnt as safe now im quite the thief :&gt;

G

*giggles brushes off her royal mantle*

Yeh leave that queenie glorious lady rpling bs stuff to me and I dont even do that on this shard ! JK HAHA

Still cracking up that some here think you are...........new... MUHAHAHA ! Your grandfathered houses are older than most players in UO.

F

Feyre

Well honestly there no real reason for people to know who Dor is, many that read these boards just read siege. Only reason i know is i happened to meet dor long ago at the ymca, otherwise from a board point of view i didnt even put together that dor of sonoma was the same dor till like a year ago. The first idea anyone would have is oh great someone from sonoma, a trammel shard, becoming a mod in our Fel forum.

G

Maybe make a login for your char name too.

I don't think you need to fear for trouble with telling your char name, special not on Siege.

When you can survive as mod on Stratics for years, you can easy handle that players on Siege know who you are ingame.

I can see your char need a little work, no gm skills yet

G

<blockquote><hr>

As far as my character name goes...I would prefer to continue playing here anonymously, so that my character is judged on its own merit, rather than that of being a Mod's avatar or whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]

I respect that answer.
Some people thrive on the attention that they gain being a mod/news reporter (sorry not you Kelmo!!! *hugs*) so its refreshing to see someone who doesnt want that attention.

D

Dark_Schneider

I used to play sonoma a long time ago, from almost the beggining of UO till just after AOS when i quit for awhile.

Although all my chars were red and lived at brit X-Roads mostly hehe.

My chars (all reds when there were serious penalties) over time were:
Sulick
ferret pirate
Magus
Akasha
Persephone
Ineluki
and right before i quit ... Dark Schneider (there was another wannabe blue DS too though GRRR)

my friends from somoma were in VoD who eventually merged with CoD, they were blues but i joiend up with their guild for guild war stuff
Valecus, Ursus Grett, Enkil, Ghost/ Mystrae, Helen, &amp; Bob were the ones i was closest to.

Sulick was 3rd on the bounty board for months and months just behind big dog and columbian if you remember them, but they pk'd together so thats like cheating grrr lol (jk it was a good idea but i played mostly solo
)

M

Mandolin

Holy crap! You were Sulick?! Wow.. so many old schooler Sonoma players on Siege, I had no clue. By the way, Schneider.. I helped fund that bounty once or twice.

D

Dark_Schneider

Lol i had a great time with Sulick, highest his magery ever got was like 89 hehe but back then magery was a lot different and you could do good with it as long as you knew what you were doing

Nothing beats popping out of hiding naked on foot at the end of the mountain passage from brit near the x-roads in front of a couple mounted blues who scream, PK RUN !!!!!! hehe, good times

I was very upset how he died tho.

I had killed 2 guildmate dexxer guys who were traveling through the area, one had a rune, one had a key
so there i was looting their guild house when they showed up to try and stop me, i killed one and the other took off running, as i'm chasing him through what appears to be just wildnerness a guard strikes me down, wtf i think? then about 15 seconds after i died (i hadn't moved cuz i was in shock) UO informs me "You are now under the protection of the town guards" a message that I lived by, if i see it i turn back, unfortunately UO decided not to tell me till it was arlaedy too late =/

I lived in a house in the middle fo the forest just south of the brigand camp that was my friends from highschool but he got sent away to a "correctional" school by his parents (in the middle of nowhere which he escaped from lol) so i watched his house for him, almost lost it a couple times cuz it was camped by a couple guys hiding to get revenge every so often heh.

G

So, when is the Sonoma on Siege reunion being held?

And you can blame Castor for this...

Memories
Like the corners of my mind
Misty watercolor memories
Of the way we were
Scattered pictures
Of the smiles we left behind
Smiles we gave to one another
For the way we were

Can it be that it was all so simple then
Or has time rewritten every line
If we had the chance to do it all again
Tell me - would we? could we?

Memories
May be beautiful and yet
What’s too painful to remember
We simply choose to forget

So it is the laughter
We will remember
Whenever we remember
The way we were

So it is the laughter
We will remember
Whenever we remember
The way we were

M

Mandolin

<blockquote><hr>

PK RUN !!!!!! hehe, good times

[/ QUOTE ]

You sir, forgot to finish that sentence! "PK RUN!!!! BEFORE HE GETS AWAY" *chuckles*

Good times indeed.. I had a small tower for a VERY long time just two screens east of MD's vendor house near the Yew Crypts which was very convenient. I'd login and immediately clear out all the exceptional armor and katanas he'd crafted the night before. I hung with Tree for a bit which was entertaining to say the least. We'd do suicide runs (they were always suicide runs for him) into groups sitting at the crossroads. Never survived but the stuff we'd scream was absolutely hysterical. For a while we would choose a different bread each time and spam it as we charged. Confused the hell out of people when two blues would head towards them yelling "SOURDOUGH!!". We did pizza toppings, and then ice cream flavors as well. Every single screenie back then used to have at least one or two people saying "Huh?". *laugh*

Whoops.. [/derail] of Dor's welcome post!

D

Dor of Sonoma

*grabs Skylark's frying pan to whack Castor with*

Yeesh!

The lyrics aren't bad, but damn...now I have that horrible, sappy melody lodged in my brain *cries*

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

*looks sadly at dented, useless frying pan*

It is always the innocent that suffer

-Skylark

M

Mandolin

<blockquote><hr>

It is always the innocent that suffer

[/ QUOTE ]

Officially caused the first mouthful of coffee to decorate my screen. Good one Sky.

K

Kat SP

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

<blockquote><hr>

It is always the innocent that suffer .

-Skylark

[/ QUOTE ]

A hard-headed man in our presence? OMGosh!! Say it isn't so!!!!!