• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Greetings!

S

Sentrus

Hi Lake Austin.

I am a returning player from Ye Olden Days. (I'm talking UO:R era) Basara said in another thread this was a quiet server with friendly people, so I'm going to give it a shot!

Anyway, I'm looking for some folks to join up with, and maybe some tips on what kind of template an old newbie should start out with to make a bit of coin.

Look forward to hearing from you all.

TheVampster

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Welcome to Lake Austin!

I just returned also.

I would go with the old standard warrior template for hunting and maybe put some mining on it to make some gold. Ingots are always in need. I'm sure leather is too.

Your character starts in New Haven, but if you go South West of the town you will run into the moongate. If you choose the Malas facet and goto Luna, that is where most of the player base hangs out or banks etc. As far as I know, not really any other towns or cities are populated with players like Luna usually is. I never see anybody in Britain. But that's a another story why.

You want to have some Chivalry to Sacred Journey/Recall around plus it is good to have paladin skills (Chivalry) on a warrior template. You need a Chivalry book (you can buy one off of the Luna guards in the Malas facet) and need to tithe/donate gold to any shrine (there is one upstairs in Luna) so you can use the pally skills. Marking your own runes is going to take Magery though and some Mark scrolls (and reagents which can get expensive).

This is probably the best time to return to UO.

LA has a lot of friendly players that are willing to help, especially newer or returning players. Like Basara said, there are a few good Rune Libraries and vendor shops. But don't be afraid to ask for help. There is a general chat channel along with a trade channel I believe now.

There is plenty of housing space, so you don't have to worry about that. Location wise, not sure what you want, a heavy traffic spot vs. a nice quiet spot. I always choose quiet. But if you have a out of the way vendors you are going to need to drop runes in towns every so often until you get a buyer base.

As far as the newer expansion, I haven't got that far yet, just still trying to get back into the swing of things because I pretty much started over, but with the help of some old friends it has made my return a lot easier. But it seems like you have missed out on a few expansions besides the newer one. If you are playing, you have them all except Stygian Abyss. You really don't need the newer expansion starting out in my opinion. I'm not really sold on it yet.

Hope you have fun and not too much trouble returning, but with the community of LA on your side, you shouldn't have too many worries.

Garion_UMP

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Welcome back to the Lake Austin shard - home to many of the most friendly and helpful people you will find. There are usually folks running around causing trouble but it mostly depends on what playstyle you enjoy most as to with whom and how you might want to cause trouble. The best template is the one that allows you to have the most fun. The new expansion added new things that satisfy the pvmer and pvper alike, but as someone from the UO:r days, you will find many many changes. It's a whole new world. If you need a little assistance, feel free to stop someone from my guild. We are always happy to help the new and returning adventurer.

Keira

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Welcome! Especially check out the new lands of Ter Mur (Gargoyles). There is a friendly town just outside of the moongate (to the S/SW/NW) called Rivenmyst Village who always help those in need. Good to have you on LA.