• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Greetings

T

Turtle

from a world with better graphics! :thumbsup:

I no longer have an active UO account. This hasn't happened for over 11 years, it was a good run.
I couldn't be happier in Darkfall and would recommend it to anyone, from the casual player to the harcore pvper to the crafter.
What has kept me playing for 3 months now?
#1 Hackers - DF significantly reduced rampant hackers from seeing 2-3 a day to seeing less than 1 a month.
#2 GM's - piggy backing on #1 the gm response time is almost instant
#3 End Game - there is no way to lvl and finish a char in a couple months but macroing is encouraged for less active players to compete
#3b - There are mass battles over cities and small pvp battles/pks everywhere
#4 - You don't go a day without seeing an orange, even if you don't leave the city, your not 100% safe
#5 - "Bugs" It's amazing to me how fast DF has fixed bugs and problems from quality issues with sound, lag, LC to bugs that would quickly gain a skill

I'm sure I could name 50 more things I'm surprisingly happy with and I hope it continues to get better as I'm finally starting to be able to pvp and stay alive. I guess an NA server is coming out in a couple months although I'll be staying on the EU server with 120 ping, 80-100 FPS with my clan.

Hope everyone has a great summer! If your bored of UO or just looking for something new to try, its worth it. All I would say is to plan to put in at least 30+ days of game play before you make a decision on the game. It's really a huge change to adjust to.

Oh and for those who like the forum "pvp"...well thats good too. Threads go from 1 page to 20 pages within an hour.

Peace! :danceb:

Lord_Puffy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
from a world with better graphics! :thumbsup:

I no longer have an active UO account. This hasn't happened for over 11 years, it was a good run.
I couldn't be happier in Darkfall and would recommend it to anyone, from the casual player to the harcore pvper to the crafter.
What has kept me playing for 3 months now?
#1 Hackers - DF significantly reduced rampant hackers from seeing 2-3 a day to seeing less than 1 a month.
#2 GM's - piggy backing on #1 the gm response time is almost instant
#3 End Game - there is no way to lvl and finish a char in a couple months but macroing is encouraged for less active players to compete
#3b - There are mass battles over cities and small pvp battles/pks everywhere
#4 - You don't go a day without seeing an orange, even if you don't leave the city, your not 100% safe
#5 - "Bugs" It's amazing to me how fast DF has fixed bugs and problems from quality issues with sound, lag, LC to bugs that would quickly gain a skill

I'm sure I could name 50 more things I'm surprisingly happy with and I hope it continues to get better as I'm finally starting to be able to pvp and stay alive. I guess an NA server is coming out in a couple months although I'll be staying on the EU server with 120 ping, 80-100 FPS with my clan.

Hope everyone has a great summer! If your bored of UO or just looking for something new to try, its worth it. All I would say is to plan to put in at least 30+ days of game play before you make a decision on the game. It's really a huge change to adjust to.

Oh and for those who like the forum "pvp"...well thats good too. Threads go from 1 page to 20 pages within an hour.

Peace! :danceb:
Sup bud, hows everything going? Ive done the same thing just I play wow with the old OTF guys now. Def is nice to play a game that is cared about and worked on, with a active stable playerbase.

Elfstone

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Read the DF forums first before you go and waste $50 + dollars...
I had the game I know. Wait till we have USA servers.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
North America servers come out in July. I'm on the fence regarding re-rolling my toon or waiting for xfers.

The game is beautiful. PvP is everywhere and it is more skill based than any other MMO I've ever played.

Big D. I would LOVE to know your characters name in Darkfall... as I would be more than happy to shove my foot up your ass in yet another videogame.

Just let me know... but we both know you won't.

PS. Just so everyone knows. I haven't quit UO, I'm not planning on quitting UO... but for damn sure you won't be seeing me on Siege all that much for the time being. I will continue to support the community at events and what-not, yet I'm sorry to say it, but this shard is now boring to me. And I'm not alone when I tell you this... or maybe you all noticed something recently? Anyways... there is no one to fight. TnT refused my 2nd war invitation from my 2 man guild and that was the last straw. I'm not playing politics or dicking around with dipsticks on the battle field any longer. I get constant fights and a slue of things to do on Atlantic. I spend more time in DF these days regardless... so when I log into UO, I want to enjoy myself and not spend hours looking for a fight. When I'm not in UO (and even when I am) I'm in Darkfall. I get constant fights, there are 100 vs 100 man sieges to take part in... pks to roust and people on my clans territory that need pking.

Thanks,

Your ruler and king.

Draxous

C

Calyip

North America servers come out in July. I'm on the fence regarding re-rolling my toon or waiting for xfers.

The game is beautiful. PvP is everywhere and it is more skill based than any other MMO I've ever played.

Big D. I would LOVE to know your characters name in Darkfall... as I would be more than happy to shove my foot up your ass in yet another videogame.

Just let me know... but we both know you won't.
Big D was a pretty big legend on Chessy. I've never heard anyone use your name in a sentence without it being followed with "complains a lot"

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Big D was a pretty big legend on Chessy. I've never heard anyone use your name in a sentence without it being followed with "complains a lot"
That's cool because your a nobody and nobody gives a **** about what you have to say. :thumbsup:

Thanks for trying tho dipstick.

Mr.StinkyPants

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I probaly would if I didn't have a ten year old comp or for that matter a ten year old internet connection....fits my 11 year old game just fine...oooo and also can u build houses on there that's one of my favorite things on uo

R

Rykus

I've been looking forward to Darkfall since about the time AoS came out. Now that it's here, and I've waited a few months, I sure see LOTS of posts on forumfall where people are saying the population has dropped off SEVERELY in the last month, and how they run around for 4 hours, and only see 2 naked miners to PK. They do say there's usually a few dozen in the clan cities, but even then it's a big gimpfest, as many of them just run out naked, instead of risking their 'stuff'. Reading through all those posts, and the MANY people who agree with the various OPs of these threads, really reminds me of Siege a few years ago, but at much accelerated rate.

I have to wonder if the population decline is due to people who bought the game, and are just not cut out for DF, or if the game just sucks in a variety of ways, despite the positives it certainly has.

I'm not trying to be inflammatory by 'bashing' DF, I still have hope that it will be very fun by the time an NA server is in place. I would very much appreciate a response from those who are actually playing DF to tell me how these perceptions from the 'masses' on forumfall are right/wrong, but without feeling like it's necessary to defend DF, and with a minimal emotional response. Just looking for data to help me make a decision between DF, Mortal Online, or Fallen Earth. All full PvP, and skill based.

M

Mogluk

I will definitely try it out when NA servers are up and Rykus meeb want Latz lusk!!!!!

:)

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been looking forward to Darkfall since about the time AoS came out. Now that it's here, and I've waited a few months, I sure see LOTS of posts on forumfall where people are saying the population has dropped off SEVERELY in the last month, and how they run around for 4 hours, and only see 2 naked miners to PK. They do say there's usually a few dozen in the clan cities, but even then it's a big gimpfest, as many of them just run out naked, instead of risking their 'stuff'. Reading through all those posts, and the MANY people who agree with the various OPs of these threads, really reminds me of Siege a few years ago, but at much accelerated rate.

I have to wonder if the population decline is due to people who bought the game, and are just not cut out for DF, or if the game just sucks in a variety of ways, despite the positives it certainly has.

I'm not trying to be inflammatory by 'bashing' DF, I still have hope that it will be very fun by the time an NA server is in place. I would very much appreciate a response from those who are actually playing DF to tell me how these perceptions from the 'masses' on forumfall are right/wrong, but without feeling like it's necessary to defend DF, and with a minimal emotional response. Just looking for data to help me make a decision between DF, Mortal Online, or Fallen Earth. All full PvP, and skill based.
No offense... but you have no idea what you're even talking about.

EDIT: Sorry Rykus... I will give you a more detailed review/reasons for what I say later tonight.