• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Greetings...

• Thread starter Jewel Blackspot
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
J

Jewel Blackspot

I hail from the waters of the Pacific. Recently, my very best friend in UO decided to quit. I'm thoroughly devastated. I simply cannot continue to play the Pacific shard without Synn. Am I being a bit of a pouty drama queen about it? You bet. This girl wants her Synn back.

Everywhere I travel now…nothing but bittersweet memories…

All my tamer/Synn macro jokes and songs… useless now….

No more weekly, “Who’s the Masta?” nights. (In part Synn was trying to convince me to pick up taming through my many deaths; the other was to increase and test my barding skills. I’d get dropped into an undisclosed location, have to dominate the spawn, stay alive and prove that a bardish/mage was just as good as if not better than a tamer.) I’ll never be able to shout again proudly, “JB the MASTA!” …

The time we camped an IDOC in fel, for hours, scaring off folks, fighting the meanies who wanted to claim my new home…only for my knucklehead friend, who was placing for me, deciding he needed to sit on the toilet at that critical moment when the house fell. Oh! The agony of having to wait for him to finish his business in the bathroom was excruciating. And yet, we prevailed; got the house and some great rares to boot! *Sniff*

And then all those times when I put myself in ugly situations, so I might see his tamer, arrogant, immortal arse knocked off his unicorn while coming to my rescue. It never happened. I only wanted to see him die once…just once. *sighs* So many other memories…

As loyal as I am to the Pacific, playing there just won't be the same. So, the only answer is to begin anew on a new shard. I’m planning on making a clean break from Pac, and I’ve narrowed my choice down to AOL and Sonoma. So, I ask you, in a nutshell, can anyone describe and give me an overall feel of Sonoma? (Rp, pvp, prices, housing, people, guilds and the like). Thank you for your time…

Yours,
JB

amor fati

S

spinkickr

Welcome to sonoma
and, well
Sonoma = friendly

also, one point you will love, coming from pacific, is housing is available
id say its fair to take a pacific price, and cut it by 75-80%, to get sonoma prices

sonoma has pretty much anything you could want
some PvP, some RP, some of everything really
not to mention the SNITS of YEW
we are quite accomplished at ...dying...:)

if you are heavy into PvP, but want a shard with space, id go napa
if you love trashtalk, then AOL is for you

<center>Chung Sin Il Do Ha Sa Bul Sung</center>

G

Aye, Spinkckr does sum up our darling lands quite nicely. The economy is relatively stable an' there's plenty o' action in an' out o' the ring, if that be yer style. As fer housing, I've crossed several spots in my travels that still kin fit a small house or tower an' if ye're tryin' ta find one already placed, ye kin be sure ta get a decent deal. I don' doubt that ye'll make a few friends if ye visit these lands even once. Spend one day viewing these "pages" and I think ye'll gather that these lands contain some o' the most colorful/wonderful/cutest/strangest/sweetest/wildest/oddest mix o' people ye'll find in one place.

(What it really amounts to is this: All inclusive. It doesn't matter how you like to play. The plays the thing, as they say. RP? PvP? Absolutely, on both counts. There is an RP community on Sonoma stronger than I've seen on any other shard I've visited. This includes some really great RP guilds. As for Pvp, Sonoma offers quite a few organized events and there's a few decent guilds out there that have proven to be other than just "gank squads" and actually shown some real PvP action.)

I hope ye do choose to join the lands, ye should find yerself accepted by the community rather quickly.
I understand yer loss, and grieve fer the loss of Synn. 'Tis obvious that no one will replace Synn. However, with time, I have little doubt ye shall find one who ye have kinship with in much the same way.

<center>Never stop searching fer those things in life which make ye happy.</center>
<center> -Windar</center>

<blockquote><hr>

"Aye, to walk the path o' the virtues is no easy task. Foster the greater good, maintain the Balance. Keep searching." -Windar D'Sal

<hr></blockquote>

<center>((Too true, ol' friend.)) - The man behind the man./php-bin/shared/images/icons/read.gif</center>

W

War of the Roses

As a multi shard player, due in most part to the vast majority of my pals leaving UO for *shivers* DAoC, I stumbled upon Sonoma. First reading about the Snit events on the Uhall board and then going there for myself. I have to say with utter conviction that the folks in Sonoma are awsome, they have been friendly open and willing to help an old "newb" out in so many ways. Ok you have your occasional griefer or pk wandering about (what shard doesnt, LS is HORRID with them) But in a nutshell (considering they are nuts to begin with *sticks out tongue at Dor*) it is a great shard. Prices are stable and not off the wall, camping of spawn as I have found is not bad, the PK's are few and few between, and well I will say it again, the folks are awsome.

If you are looking for a shard with a solid RP base, good folks and alot of fun then Sonoma is it.

WHO LOVES YA!
The Rose Bush Does.... /php-bin/shared/images/icons/blush.gif

<center>
</center>

<center>The Saga of Auburn Rose~Tale of Britannia</font color=FF3030></center>

K

Khal Drogo

Well, allthough I have always played on sonoma, I do have charters on a few other shards, and I have found that without a doubt Sonoma Is full of the mts fun and friendly people in the world of Ultima Online. Especially since I have become a boardie, some of the people that post on this board are some of the best people you will ever meet. There is alot of PVP, and if you are interested in tournament there is always Oasis Fight Night which will start up again in January. There are also alot of great RP guilds that are always looking for new recruits. So after you ahve finished reading all this stuff, I'm sure you've decide to play on sonoma so I'll jus say WELCOME TO SONOMA MY FRIEND!

Aragorn-Warrior
Khal Drogo-Mage/Bard
Aurora-Tamer

E

eXcalibur

Aye, I have lived your fate twice over. Once before a RL friend who moved away and still played UO with me, he left about 8 months ago :( Then more recently a friend who I came to know Via these boards Nadubadi was his name. He left about 3 or 4 months ago. I spent about a month or two with little time for UO and came back just in time for the Scenerio. I must say this is a very friendly shard. If you take the time to post here and get to know ppl they will help you with just about anything. Many others and myself have given away housing, gold, resources and time to those who need. I am sure if you decide to make this your home you will be very happy with it.
As far as PVP I believe it is as good as any other shard, housing prices I think it may be the best, and RP there are many many RP guilds here on Sonoma that are quite exceptional.

A

Amroth.

Hiya!
And i do agree with everyone, as i came from another shard *shudders* sonoma has a good rp community and on the *other* shard i played on if you rped you were laughed at.
Also pvp is quite strong here toooo.

T

TrueRagoo

AOL or Sonoma?.... Well if you like playing with other people i'd say Sonoma:)

"Only the good die young, all the evil seem to live forever." -Iron Maiden
Ragoo of TSK-4x Tamer/Mage
Ragu of TSK-1x Inscript/Heal Mage
Rags of B^G-5x Parry/Macer
Hephaestus of B^G-1x Mule
Ragar of OTE [M-R]-3x Archer/Bard
Shifty of OTE [BH]-2x Axer

T

Towenaar

We have all that is good in UO. :) A wonderful mix. Kind of like Gorp. (mmm you know trail mix) but with friends. Gorp, a nice trail that is the Sonoma shard, and friends to enjoy it with. That is us.

Sylph:(1) an elemental being in the theory of Paracelsus that inhabits air. (2) a slender graceful woman or girl.
Webster's Dictionary

B

BobMcForge

Ah, fresh meat... Legion of Bob will camp your door step and kill you EVERY day. We will loot your corpse and dance on your grave! We will... we...

Damn, I just remembered, all the members in Legion of Bob are me. Oh, and I don't ever really kill people anymore either. Poop.

Hmmm.... on second thought, welcome to the shard.

;-)

Bob McDangerous

(Stop laughing, I AM dangerous!)

B

BranWyn

Well we have GREAT Guilds :)

We all pooled together our resources really quickly for the last quest and worked together till the bitter end (unlike AOL who apparently looted each other when fighting those big crab thingies)

and we have Weekly boardie Hunts on Wednesday --- (we still do right ???)

and Friday night storytelling at the YMCA

and PLUFFY! NO other shard has a person like PLUFFY I SWEAR its just not possible :)

OOOHH and our grandmaster Artist DeathRage :)

ANDD LOTS of people who will come to your resue and all you need to do is shout HELP! on the forums and we all come storming in :)

How many other shards will do that ;)

Weekly contests, great vendors....if you come to Sonoma I can help you with taming ...
and as for the 'Whos the MASTA'...OMG talk to Obsydia...that is EXACTLY what he does to his closest friends hahaha ;)

Synlae his T Hunter wife would hold the most EXCELLENT treasure hunts each Sunday...

Fight Nights on Sunday for the mage/warriors was cool....(think its over for the holiday season)

The shard is always fun and everyone helps each other....the Boardies are a tight bunch and love it when new people come in :)

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.ote-sonoma.com>Order of Tendai</a>
Aine - Mage/Bard/Tamer [Rangers - Order of Tendai]
Branwyn - T-Hunter [Treasure Hunters of Brittania]
Cricket - Merchant Tinker/Alchemist/Smith/Miner [Town of Tendai]
<font color=green>"Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt." Sun Tzu<font color=green>

E

eXcalibur

well I think WNH is down temporarily, but SIC is still on (sundays impossible crusade or something like that) Mostly our trips consist of most of us dying, and one or two ppl left to rez... lol well thats how it is when we do the impossible places lol

L

Lich Soulstealer

Welcome to the best shard in UO! Even though I dont play anymore, I do have a tendancy to give out sage-like advice and answer some shard history questions. I hope you find sonoma to be as enjoyable as I did for the 4 years I played.

Welcome Aboard!

Look upon me...and despair!

P

Pyrus Firebane

I used to play on Atlantic a long time ago, before Trammel. I quit for a while, and when I started playing again, I was so lagged that I couldn't move on Atlantic. So, I went looking for another shard, and by some extremely fortunate miracle, I ended up here. I've only been playing on Sonoma for a little over a year, but I've met so many friends here, far more than I ever made on Atlantic, which was like none, actually. The people here are incredible with their generosity and friendliness.

By the way, since you mentioned that you had a bard mage previously, I should mention that I'm the commander of a group in the guild OTE, who if I'm not mistaken, is the largest guild on Sonoma. I'm in charge of the Rangers of OTE. The Rangers consist of archers, bards, and tamers. I'm currently looking for a few good Rangers to join the guild, and it sounds like you've got the experience. If you've got a positive attitude about helping people (and don't mind dying on occasion on our weekly Rangers hunts), then you might check out the OTE web page - www.ote-sonoma.com. Check it out, and if you're interested in joining, ICQ me at 36372411.

Pyrus Firebane, Guildmaster, Vesper Graveyard Alliance
Shyft Lightfoot, Co-Commander, E-R, OTE
Lord Xynth Coldfinger, Barding Mage
Tarl Ironhead, GM smith/miner
Dynamo Draconius, GM tailor/fisher
Tellurion Steele, L4 Treasure Hunter

D

DeathRage

Sonoma! Definately one of the nicest shards around and full of player run events, quests, RP happenings and some fine guilds. I played on AOL for a bit and from my experiences there and here as a new player I'd say you're better off on Sonoma.

So I'll prematurely say ... "Welcome to Sonoma!"

And I'd like to remind everyone that the NUBs have started a tradition of finding "points of interest" every Saturday night at 10p PST. I know it's late for you east coasters ... but everyone here is welcome to tag along. Details are found on the website link below.

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.cell2000.net/~users/kirtstanke/nub/>DeathRage's NUBs - An Ultima Online Comic</a>

N

Nod of Fire

*shamless plug* I believe KB (Knights of Balaklava) is currently the biggest guild here on Sonoma. But I must be honest.. I think OTE is a little more active then we are guild-wise.

Anyway.. welcome to Sonoma! Its the only shard I have played on, and from what I hear I don't think I would want to play anywhere else:)

<font color=008B00> Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.
</font color=008B00>

J

Jewel Blackspot

*face looking suspiciously pink, jaw drops and she gasps * …But..but… I …I’d thought I wait…that is to say, ..uh.. I meant too respond…I ..I ..truly truly did!.Really, I was going too..but...but then Beastmaster came on…and then then X-generation or something..and then Andronmada….oh oh and Lost Lands or whatever it’s called…I mean quality TV programming before Internet, aye?*waits for lightning to strike* . Gosh, I almost feel as though I’m a small child, looking up at parent wagging their finger, chastising me for poor manners. Parent: What do yoooou saaaay? What dooo yooou saaaay? Child: *head bowed low in embarresment, murmurs a squeeky* Thank you.

So, here it is…(Mr. Dor of Sonoma, are ye listening? *wry smile*) Thank you all for your warm responses. I’m left asking myself the question, AOL who? *Smiles* Sonoma it is! Now I just need to visit all mine and Synn’s favorite spots, one last time *sniff*, figure out how I should begin my rebirth on Sonoma and decide what color my toe nails should be for the week. ;)

Yours,
JB

amor fati

D

Dor of Sonoma

*is no Mister*

*laughter*

~Dor

<font color=blue>The Lone Ranger</font color=blue>
<font color=purple>Guildmaster,</font color=purple><font color=red>Sonoma War Games</font color=red>

J

Jerith Palith

**A bit of a warning about Sonoma shard and this forum.**
If you ever post on this board saying that you need help with something, even slightly hinting at needing help with something, you will find that the responses of the people that frequent this forum are quick and overwhelmingly enthusiastic, whether it is armor, items, eq of some type that you need, help building skills, people to go out adventuring with, someone to go get your corpse, or just someone to listen and sympathize with your RL problems.

Damn, I'm glad to be here and a part of this group.:)

E

eXcalibur

hehehe she just forgot to throw the "S" in there *digs through bags in his villa* Ah I knew I had one in there somewhere *Tosses a "S" at the end of Mr *

T

TrueRagoo

Not a mister? except for weekends, right Dor? *winks*

JKing!!

"Only the good die young, all the evil seem to live forever." -Iron Maiden
Ragoo of TSK-4x Tamer/Mage
Ragu of TSK-1x Inscript/Heal Mage
Rags of B^G-5x Parry/Macer
Hephaestus of B^G-1x Mule
Ragar of OTE [M-R]-3x Archer/Bard
Shifty of OTE [BH]-3x Axer

J

Jewel Blackspot

*cringes* Ouchie. I'm just making a grrreat impression on ye, aren't I? *laughs* My appoligies...*wipes and sprays Windex on the "S" Excalibur tossed on*...there, it's shiny....*ahem* MrS. Dor of Sonoma.

Yours,
JB

amor fati

I

imported_Maelwyn

Hah ! We converted another one ! Our plan is working well. Soon, SOON, we will have all the best players here on Sonoma.

WE SHALL CONVERT THE HEATHENS !

Maelwyn

<center>

Maelwyn Mage and Dexer
Beldas & Beldin Dwarven Brothers
Erystelle Elvish Tamer
Gruumsh One-Eye Orc guy
</center>

O

Obsydia

I give u 5K for your noob clothing
and 1K for your noob weapons, sound good?
ICQ me
;)

mmmm
join
OTE
join
OTE
join
OTE
join
OTE
join
OTE
join
OTE
join
OTE
or
join
WpC

Obsydia

D

Dor of Sonoma

*recoils in horror*

Get it offa me! Get it OFFA me!!!

*peels off the honorific and tosses it in the trash*

I am simply Dor...whom belongs to NO man*. :)

*Or woman! *adds hastily*

~Dor

<font color=blue>The Lone Ranger</font color=blue>
<font color=purple>Guildmaster,</font color=purple><font color=red>Sonoma War Games</font color=red>

M

Mighty_Charis

jewel, don't take us so seriously, we are a sarcastic and playful lot.. rarely to be taken seriously, and rarely known to (unkindly) put down our fellow boardies..

K

KitKat

HI, welcome to sonoma, and to really confuse you, there are a bunch of Kat's loose around here.

<font color=191970>The Five Sisters</font color=191970>
<font color=8B0000>Rusty</font color=8B0000>/php-bin/shared/images/icons/takethat.gif-GM swords/parry/tactics
<font color=27408B>Kit</font color=27408B>/php-bin/shared/images/icons/smash.gif-miner/smith
<font color=FF8C00>Kat</font color=FF8C00>-archeress
<font color=CDCD00>Lorilei</font color=CDCD00>-bard/tamer
<font color=4682B4>Sandy</font color=4682B4>-craftswoman

T

Towenaar

Jewel: *grin* It's called Mutant X (and personally I was very disapointed with the writing last night. I mean seriously, they had a rescue mission. And 1) All if not most of the resistance was wiped out, 2) they grab the primary (and at this point there is no rush) 3)They don't bother asking or checking if there was anyone else to be rescued.. like that guy in the 'Cage' less than 20 feet away, 4) the primary doesn't mention this, that the guy, her fellow captor.. um her 'fiance' when they get her. (argh.))

Now true the primary probably didn't know that the rescue team were good guys but with her fiance say in mortal danger with 2 opposing other groups .. I'm sure she could have at least mentioned him. And why did he have a phone? (maybe I missed something. That he used to call her a few times. I probably should watch it again. But to me a show has got to be more than full of pretty faces. Its got to have content.)

Lots of shows, movies would have made it easier on the characters if they 'just' 'called' 'the' 'police'.

Sorry for that tiraid. that was a bad episode, except for the fact one of the characters liked Walt Witman and the ending sparing session.

And for Andromeda.. is it me or is Capt. Hunt getting really really mean. He was mean to Tyrg. :( True there is a good chance Tyrg could kill everyone one of his teammates but um, I think one could have a bit of faith on his loyalties. But Capt. Hunt was SO Mean. :( He was mean. Mean mean mean mean. :(

*grin*

Anyway welcome to Sonoma! Hopefully you like Buffy cuz there will be a quiz at the end of the class. OH and there's a party today, so head to Tram, buy a sextant and find the party post. (someone bump the post!) :)

<center>"There is nothing more dangerous and ruthless than a good woman."
Mr. Ben Rumson, "Paint Your Wagon" (1969)

J

Jewel Blackspot

*talks to herself * For my newbie weapons, of no doubt, I’ll take Oby’s gold, but my spiffy newbie clothes? I die so verily much…and I hate …just hate walking around naked or in an I’m-a-Loser-Ghost-Robe *shudders*. It’ll be a sacrifice, fer sure, my ego will suffer for it, but mages just aren’t cheap these days. Pfft, when have they ever been? *Gets a far away dreamy look* Why, those early days were sweet, I could support my magical habit just by collecting regs on the coast of Magincia. Of course, that beastly Hannible guy kept slayin the nobles vacationing in the area, leaving their lifeless, naked, bodies all o’er my regs. Then to test my patience further he would often hurtle insults at sweet newbie ME, of all people, while getting to my regs before I could. Didn’t he realize that I heard him calling me a Newb, the first time? An unsavory sort, yet for all that, he was company on that lonely island, the regs were free and plentiful; life was good. Ah, well newbie clothes it is…

Oby..ye got yerself a deal! I’ll be in touch and thanks. ;)

Yours,
JB

amor fati

J

Jewel Blackspot

*Laughs* Just can’t win, can I?

* looks sternly at Excaliber What were you thinking, tacking that “S” on? Troublemaker. * grins*

Okay okay, so it’s Her Modship (sorry, I canna help it) Dor, whom belongs to NOOooo man or woman (touchy on that point, are we? *Giggles*) *makes a note for future reference. *

*with a bowed head, hand over heart, knee popping, back breaking curtsy* ….

Yours,
JB

amor fati

J

Jewel Blackspot

Point taken and thank you, Mighty Char for setting me straight. Take heart! I will endeavor to work on my sarcasm to the point where all bordies will know me for the sarcastic, silly wench that I am. I’ll make you proud…pinky swear. *Grins*

Yours,
JB

amor fati

K

Khal Drogo

I know i'm a little late to post on this subject, but as for the help you get whether you like it or not :p ....I learned from experience that if you post here even hinting at needing help...help you will get! and lots of it!

Aragorn-Warrior
Khal Drogo-Mage/Bard
Aurora-Tamer

J

Jewel Blackspot

Khal - They’ll have to fight me first. I’m not that easy. *Grins*

Maelwyn - * looks around* Define best. Best at dying? Why then I’m your girl.

Kitkat – But, I love Kats! Finicky, independent, come and go as they please, scratch on the door at 300am in the morning after a late night of drinking and you don’t want to get out of bed., not shy about letting your friends know that they don’t like them, leave hair all over the furniture, leave dead things at your doorstep, haughty lil bast…. Wait, did I say I love Cats? I’m sure I’ll love Sonoma’s. ;)

Thanks you, for the welcome all.

Yours,
JB

amor fati

J

Jewel Blackspot

You are SOOO right about Andromeda. The Cap’n is insane. This season is like watching a whole nother show. All his pep and perky idealism gone. Sure he lost his life, his woman, and his century, but that didn’t bother him last season. Why is he so anal now? He walks around making all these power moves on Tyr; practically begging for a fight. I mean Tyr is just being Tyr, dark, intense, complex and touchy..why provoke the guy unnecessarily? The Cap’n seriously needs some Prozac, if he’s going to make space a happy place for all. Really, if anyone confiscated the remains of my people’s saint, the “one” who will unite the tribes together, then lock the corpse up in the cargo hold of his ship…grrr…one word…PAYBACK. I’d lock HIS corpse up in the cargo hold. Yet, as you say, Tyr could quite possibly kill them all on a bad day, so I understand the need to keep possession of the corpse, to keep Tyr and his people’s tribes off his back. But, did he need to rub Tyr’s face in it? Are we going to have to suffer through the Cap’n and Tyr bickering all season, because of some male Alpha wolf thingy, “Neener Neener Neener, I’m the man, I got something you don’t?” *sighs* And did you just seeee the shiny intensity in Tyr’s eyes at the end? Awwh.. *wipes away an imaginary tear* I felt for him, I really did.

Kay, now Mutant X (thank you for the reminder) my attention was divided, so I didn’t catch it all. But, ya I totally noticed the phone thing. I was sitting there asking myself, “Why is he allowed to make phone calls while being captured?” and good point..wouldn’t you just call the police? But, then I realized at some point he decided to sell his fiancé out, so maybe there’s the answer. I guess what really stuck in my mind was how the primary with the evidence that her fiancé was a creep, was soo violently adamant that her fiancé needed help and would never turn on her. “ BUT HE LOVES ME”, she screamed. Tsk Tsk..tragic, I say. Yet, I didn’t feel THAT sorry for her, why did she have to get kissy face with Brandon (is that his name?)? An elemental thing? I dunno. *throws hands in the air * Your right, they coulda done better with that episode.

*Grins* That’s my rant.

Btw..I’d love to join the party, but there’s three pc’s in the house right now, only one mouse, and I don’t got it. ;( Oh, and “Gorp” lol ..I haven’t heard that since Girl Scout Camp. Too funny, I thought it was some weird made-up camp “word.”

Yours,
JB

amor fati

D

Dragon Valor

Welcome

If you are looking for a guild
to join just ask me (S^C guildmaster).
You might want to join OTE
if you are looking for a big guild though
because I only have 2 members =(

<center>
I am the purifier, the light that clears all shadows.
[email protected]

W

War of the Roses

Jewel...Dahhhhhhhling...
*grins all stupid like*

The name is Rose...Rose Bush...000 Storyteller
*puffs out chest...damn cant get these things bigger*

I am also a Sonoma NEWB....anywho
*digs in her little gold purse*

I offer to you 10k in gold to start your travels across the lands. Just a little help from one newb to another. And the best of luck to you dear. You have most certainly chosen wisely! Glad to have you aboard!

<center>
</center>

<center>The Saga of Auburn Rose~Tale of Britannia</font color=FF3030></center>

S

spinkickr

well, again, welcome to sonoma jewel, if you stop by the YMCA one night, just look for Spin, im almost always there :)

oh, btw, the YMCA is a blessed tower accross from the yew cemetary in felucca
most of the boardies here get there from time to time, some of us hardly go anywhere except there (hey, i got out to kill healers, after all, gotta be a Dread Lord, :p)

and, if you are good at dying, the SNITS of YEW is perfect for you
its a guild of people from all around stratics that hang out at the YMCA and try to be helpful while we collect deathrobes :-0

<center>Chung Sin Il Do Ha Sa Bul Sung</center>

J

Jerith Palith

SNITs collect death robes? I thought the NUBs collected death robes. Hmm, maybe there should be a guild competition to see which guild can collect the most durring an adventure where you're actually trying to stay alive.:)

G

I thought I'd better jump in here with a welcome... I've been rather quiet over the last few days.. guess I'll have to rectify that now :)

"Welcome to Sonoma Jewell!!"

If there's anything you need to get you started (runebooks, a place to co-own etc) just PM me here or ICQ me (its on my profile) I'm sure I can get you kitted out...

<font color=blue>Lord Joram Soulrift</font color=blue> - Tamer/Bard/Mage
<font color=red>Haplo</font color=red> - 5xGM Warrior - Scythe of Redemption for the KH
<font color=green>Orin Fernstrum</font color=green> - Super-mule
"Cry havoc, let slip the dogs of war" - William Shakespeare (Julius Caesar)

K

Kefka Ebonysoul

Hey Jewel, and welcome to the glorious land of Sonoma.

I to transferred from Pacific long long ago, over three years at least.
Half of my friends left Pacific, and my RL dad had a character on Sonoma so I decided to move there. That was VERY long ago though.

About 60+% of my Sonomian friends have left UO (and I just returned to UO a month ago) which hit me pretty hard, but I have survived so far.

This is a shard of opportunities. We are constantly seeking new role players, as this land has been relatively quiet as a whole (Trammel and Fel) ever since UOR. What we need the most right now imho is the role players, and player run establishments. We also need more Grandmaster Beggars, but I won't go into detail about that *giggles*

Whatever your profession may be, I can promise that you will be happy here in Sonoma.

"Only fools quote me."

K

Kalnar

Well, first, I'll say "Welcome". :) Don't bother selling anything since most people are going to outright give you lots of stuff. :)

Next, I'll say "If you don't understand the Capt. Hunt/Tyr thing, then you're not likely too." It boils down to this. Hunt HAS to treat Tyr as he is doing simply because Tyr wouldn't respect/obey him otherwise. If Hunt were to be "nice" to Tyr, then Try would likely kill everyone on the Andromeda and be done with it. Nietzchians ONLY respect strength, and to them, that translates as "leaving everyone else with no options". Of course, the fact that Tyr is correct about Hunt wanting to shape the universe to his will has nothing to do with it. Just means that Hunt has taken on what everyone else considers to be an impossible task. For Nietzchians, you have to PROVE that you have the STRENGTH to accomplish what you want. PART of that is by subjugating others to your will.

What amazes me is that you all seem to have forgotten about that portion between Beka and the Nietzchian female fighter pilot. "Hi!! Hey, how's it going? I REALLY like you, so would you surrender so I don't have to KILL YOU?!?!?!"

Nietzchian philosophy = Survival of the Fitest. Period. Prove you are strong enough, and not only do you GET to mate, but the prestige and honor of your clan and tribe are also increased. If you are not strong, then why should your genetic material be allowed to reproduce and polute the gene pool. uuggghhh. Damn kludges. Letting emotions like "love" control their destinies and that of their children. How much "love" do you have for your children when you KNOW that you have a congenital disease and there is a damn good chance you'll give it to them? How much "love" do you have for your mate and family to saddle them with offspring that are likelier than not to be genetically defective? You selfish bastards!! You'd do that just to satisfy your own PERSONAL desires and hormonal drive to have sex and reproduce? How can you be so arrogant? So self-centered? Prove that you are better than the animals. Control yourselves, and your destinies. GIVE your progeny a better chance than simply "well, your momma and I simply grunted a few times one night, and oh what joy, here you are. now put your glasses back on so they don't get broken, and buckle up in your wheelchair because it's getting really hard to lift you back into it." Let the genetic imperfections pass away from us by simply not allowing another to be born. I do NOT advocate murder. Anyone that has a genetic deformity or an infirmity has JUST as much right to live as you or I. Everyone should just take an honest look at themselves and any potential spawn, and simply make the honorable decision. With Medical Sciences being as advanced as they are, there is very little danger to rendering people sterile. This would allow them to have their recreational sex that consumes the totality of most people's mental energies with a VASTLY decreased chance of perpetuating those abnormalities that made their own childhoods a living nightmare. Why anyone would want to put their own offspring through the same thing is completely beyond me. Oh, don't EVEN try telling me that it didn't bother you to be called Four-Eyes or Buck-Toothed Bobby or any of the other names that children call the offspring of the genetically inferior. Why else would there be such a push for Political Correctness if it wasn't for the fact that there are SO MANY of these? COME ON. If you don't want your child called names, then don't have a child that will be CALLED names. You are all SUPPOSED to be Humans. If you want others to control themselves, then control yourselves first. Do NOT try to make others aspire to being Human, until YOU aspire to Humanity YOURSELF.

My rant is FAR from over.

LOL. Now, be honest, how many of you were thinking the above is my TRUE view of the universe and such? Go ahead, raise your hands....yes, you too. :) Now THAT'S RP. Yes, I understand the mentality of the Nietzchians in the Andromeda series, but I do not agree with them completely. :) Well, in RL that is. I've already examined closely the above mindset, and know what the flaw is to it. Should one accept and purport the above philosophy, then they would likely have lost their Humanity long before any chance for reproduction would have been realized. :)

Kril Dal Makrin - Adventurer
Senechal - Owner of Questor's Library
Jago - T-hunter
Banichi - Artificer
Kalnar - Warrior
Loiosh - Alchemist Poisoner
Tiny Brown - Spelunker
Zha Brakoon - Fisher
Oracle - Pure Mage

T

Towenaar

Jewel (ya feel sorry for Tyr) On Mutant X, Thanks for the info on her fiance. Ouch shame on him. *smile* Welcome to the party! In regards to Gorp.. nope not made up.. nuts raisins (sometimes chocolate or other fruit and vegetables).. energy food. I spent some of my youth in Alaska where the Alaskan education system requires elementary students to have some on-going survival lessons. Girl Scout? Ooooh. Hey do you know the Sarasponda Sarasponda song? :)

Kalnar I thought it was SO funny when Becca commented on how the Nitchean fighter pilot looked like her. Still I thought the ending was sad, but I'm sure Becca would have died

I hope Tyr's wife comes back and hopefully she has learned how much Tyr's been a rocking the galaxy and be proud of how tough Tyr is. I thought it sucked that they got separated but (she looked like a model and her salary might have been way too much for the show's budget) and I'm sure she might whisper mutinious things in Tyr's ear and their meeting was too early in the season for the crew to perhaps stop 2 Nechians from taking over.

About the RP thing. I never viewed it as your belief.BUT.. having said that.. Don't you EVER do that on Player2Player.net. G-Bob and his wife lost their daughter to a birth defect. They had her for a few years and then it was over. I know you wouldn't do something like that, especially without a 'rp' thing. BUT just an early heads up. As she was dying it was really quite a tragic time.

Kalnar have you seen the movie GATTACA? That so rocks on so many levels and if you haven't I SERIOUSLY suggest you do. :)

<center>"You've got the music in you, Don't let go,
You've got the music in you, One dance left,
This world is gonna pull through, Don't give up,
You've got a reason to live, Can't forget,
you only get what you give "

"You get what you give", New Radicals

B

BranWyn

OMG my eyes hurt from Kalnars post %)

Aine - Mage/Bard/Tamer [Rangers - Order of Tendai]
Branwyn - T-Hunter [Treasure Hunters of Brittania]
Cricket - Merchant Tinker/Alchemist/Smith/Miner [Town of Tendai]
<font color=green>"Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt." Sun Tzu<font color=green>

K

Kalnar

Tow: Yep, sure have seen Gattaca. :) It is SO true about how this (or any) society can get if it gets wrapped up about Perfection.

Bran: BWAHAHAHAHA :)

Kril Dal Makrin - Adventurer
Senechal - Owner of Questor's Library
Jago - T-hunter
Banichi - Artificer
Kalnar - Warrior
Loiosh - Alchemist Poisoner
Tiny Brown - Spelunker
Zha Brakoon - Fisher
Oracle - Pure Mage

K

Kket-barai

I seem to be a little late entering this thread but nevertheless...

Welcome Jewel! I am a giveaholic so if you need anything I am happy to help, like many others.

I have a lot of newbie clothes to give, and I know places to buy some ( I can pay even 8D) So don't worry about being naked =P

Also Jon Snow loves to give away all kinds of mounts so don't worry about getting callused feet either =D

Kket-barai - Mistress of Darkness
Magick - Mule
Jon Snow - Twink Tamer Extraordinaire

J

Jewel Blackspot

Okay so War of the Roses guilt tripped me into accepting a 10k donation. She swore SWORE she would lose sleep, be utterly crushed, offended and the like if I didn’t accept; she even called in Big Mamma Dor, so I accepted. Those tactics won’t work again* grins* From here on out, it will all be quid pro quo. That being said, Joram, you said the magic word, “Runebooks.” I’d like to put in an order for 1Tram-Town rune book, a rune to YMCA & Shame and 50 recall scrolls. I know I know …it’s an unnecessary expense with moongates and all, but I’m mage/bard to the bone,… I don’t walk..* haughty sniff* …well, that and I get lost reeeally reeeally easy. I'll be giving you a buzz. ;)

Yours,
JB

amor fati

J

Jewel Blackspot

Kalnar - I “get” *finger quotes* the Hunt/Tyr thing; I just don’t want to have to deal with the tension and tiresome bickering for the whole season. This season, the writers are taking themselves way to seriously. I like my cheesy Sunday afternoon shows to be ..well...cheesy. There is such a thing as quality cheese and there is no shame in being cheese; Andromeda is now trying to be more than cheese. Andromeda will never ever BE the Enchilada that Babylon 5 was.

Also, Hunt may “get” the Nietzchian thing but he really isn’t playing the part right. Those Nietzchians are cool ..as in cumbumbers; in control. They’re arrogant, fer sure and they may mock, but there’s a feeling of detachment when they do it. With Hunt, I don’t see the detachment; he’s still very much in your face, and angry about it all. He can do everything he’s doing (displays of strength) without being an emotional snotty brat about it. He hasn’t accepted Tyr for who is…he doesn’t totally “get” it, and again..I don’t want to see them bickering all season. The writers are setting these characters up to be dynamic…no good. This show isn’t gonna hang in there long enough for them to develop nor is it that kind of a genre. The writers need to keep the characters stock and give Tyr a comfy, secured position on the team. See for me…It’s not about the Nietzchian philosophy, it’s more about the writers taken on more than they can handle for a Sunday afternoon show. I say, do it well and keep it simple.

Did I miss the Beka, Nietzchian female thing? Not at all. But, have you ever seen something so bad…so awful, to where you see it,… but you don’t? Well, that’s how it was for me. *grins*

Yours,
JB

amor fati

J

Jewel Blackspot

Towenaar - I use to have a Navy friend from Alaska; he use to tell me about those survival lessons *scary* And, no the Sarasponda Sarasponda song never made it into my song book. ;( You must sing it to me sometime. *Grins*

Tyr’s wife? What I want to know is if she aborted their child. Remember, that woman handing her two differently colored potions? “On the one hand, Tyr fooled us all, he proved himself a “man” , worthy to be a father “ (or something like that) “On the other hand, he’s left us destitute and is an unworthy husband” (something like that). What potion did she drink, I wonder.

Yours,
JB

amor fati

J

Jewel Blackspot

Kalnar, Kket, Kefka, Joram, Spin, Dragon – Big “Thank You’s” for the welcome.

Once I get established, I look forward to stirring up some trouble with all the bordies; the GOOD kind. ;)

Yours,
JB

amor fati